*My First Uploaded Song* - "Dance Like You"

Finess

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
New sound I'm going for, I usually do hip hop. It's an original song called "Dance Like You" composed using a couple samples from one of my favorite cartoons 2 Stupid Dogs, original synths, basses, & percussions.

You can listen and download here:
GODASH ? Dance Like You ? Free listening at Last.fm
PodTard__by_Sinister_Starfeesh.gif

Also this is my lame attempt at a video for it on YouTube
34432ae6cc4eb804c1069936876888ac.gif
YouTube - Dance Like You
(Go to YouTube to Rate & Comment if you like it)​

C&C??:whistle2:\"

That was absolutely.....the worst thing i've listened too.....and this is coming from a guy who had to endure listening to a whole Hinder album just to have a threesome.

[quote name='ph33r m3']That was absolutely.....the worst thing i've listened too.....and this is coming from a guy who had to endure listening to a whole Hinder album just to have a threesome.[/QUOTE]

Wow...the worst huh, :whistle2:s Thanks for listening anyway.

[quote name='lilboo']This sounds like a piece of DLC for Lumines that was free because no one would pay for it :([/QUOTE]

Uh...uniquely put, I guess. Thanks for taking the time to listen.

It definitely was not as bad as the replies lead me to believe it would be. Remove the voicework and add a little more variety.

this makes me think of that scene from shaun of the dead cause im wondering if this electro music or not. any chance you can toss in some of the music from streets of rage? that game had some awesome tunes in it.

[quote name='Scorch']It definitely was not as bad as the replies lead me to believe it would be. Remove the voicework and add a little more variety.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

It wasn't poorly made or anything, it just wasn't very exciting. Keep trying, and be more adventurous.

[quote name='Scorch']It definitely was not as bad as the replies lead me to believe it would be. Remove the voicework and add a little more variety.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your constructiveness, variety I can work on but the voicework has to stay...as I am trying to create songs that involve old school cartoon characters.

[quote name='lokizz']this makes me think of that scene from shaun of the dead cause im wondering if this electro music or not. any chance you can toss in some of the music from streets of rage? that game had some awesome tunes in it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for listening, I'm doing old school cartoon mixes though not games.

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']Agreed.

It wasn't poorly made or anything, it just wasn't very exciting. Keep trying, and be more adventurous.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for listening and the encouragement. :whistle2:o

[quote name='tokitoki50']It wasn't terrible, but way too generic. You need to mix it up more.[/QUOTE]

Will keep that in mind, this was my first time doing anything like this.

I really do appreciate the encouraging crit from you guys after seeing the 1st 2 :lol:

You know, the voices might be okay with the certain amount of variety. Keep on working on it. Keep us updated.

Unless you're Al Jourgensen sampling from Platoon or Sergio Leone movies, don't do the repetitive voice samples stuff.

That wasn't so bad.
[quote name='ph33r m3']and this is coming from a guy who had to endure listening to a whole Hinder album just to have a threesome.[/QUOTE]
I would hear more about this, though.

[quote name='Filler2001']who the fuck is hinder?[/QUOTE]

They're that band that made the song about being in a relationship, but continuing to talk to your ex because you like her more, and wishing that your new girl was more like her. But they gave the song a "romantic" title, which made a bunch of retard teenage couples adopt it as "their song", further proving that America's youth doesn't fucking pay attention.

But on topic, OP, I know it's kind of a thing for techno/trance/whatever music, but your song kinda just sounds like background music. Something you'd have on at a party, solely for the purpose of making noise. It doesn't really make much of an impact, and doesn't really have any point that jumps out as being worth listening to. I'd definitely mix up the beats, and maybe even the tempo.

Also, unless you have a license to use these characters/clips, how much do you actually expect to be able to use the end result?

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Unless you're Al Jourgensen sampling from Platoon or Sergio Leone movies, don't do the repetitive voice samples stuff.[/QUOTE]

Never heard of and thanks but no thanks :D.

Thanks for listening, as I am new to the genre I'll take in and use what you guys have suggested when I make another track.

n8rocker do you have license to use the yankees logo??. I'm not profiting from the clips nor do I mean to go commercial with it so why would I need a license. I don't think Hanna Barbera can copyright those voices any more than the inventor of the harmonica could have copyrighted its sound. It's free anyway so why ask me that question.

[quote name='Finess']n8rocker do you have license to use the yankees logo??. I'm not profiting from the clips nor do I mean to go commercial with it so why would I need a license. I don't think Hanna Barbera can copyright those voices any more than the inventor of the harmonica could have copyrighted its sound. It's free anyway so why ask me that question.[/QUOTE]

Wow, way to get defensive and lower everyone's perception of your intelligence. That's not even the same thing. Me displaying the Yankees logo to show that I'm a fan of the team is not the same as taking clips from a copyrighted piece of work and hocking them as your own creation. That's always been one of the troubles with sampling in general.

But clearly, you have no clue how copyright law works. It's not "Hanna Barbera copyrighting the voices". The clips were directly taken from episodes which DO have a copyright. The sound from a harmonica is just sound. When you take it and craft it into an original composition, it becomes someone's work, and has an inherent copyright. Whether you think one exists or not is irrelevant.

Personally, I could give a shit what you do with it, as I was just curious what your intent was, and was trying to help you from wasting your effort if it was something you wanted to release or distribute. I'm not going to call the cops on you.

It's not even like I said something overly critical like some have. But since you're being so confrontational about it, I don't really see the sense in being polite any more. Your song was boring and empty, and didn't possess a single quality that would make me consider ever listening to it again. The synths were repetitive as hell and felt like one of the dream sequences from Pee Wee's Big Adventure. Have a nice day! :)

yeah i tried hard to like it mang but it just didn't have a good upbeat feel to it. As far as techno...I was hooked on happy hardcore but recently i feel inlove with electro house. dunno if ure into electro but if u do the songs used in this mix is sic. hopefully the criticism for your song doesn't upset ya. just keep working at it man.

sick electro http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD7dO_hWyS4

[quote name='n8rockerasu']But since you're being so confrontational about it, I don't really see the sense in being polite any more. Your song was boring and empty, and didn't possess a single quality that would make me consider ever listening to it again. The synths were repetitive as hell and felt like one of the dream sequences from Pee Wee's Big Adventure. Have a nice day! :)[/QUOTE]

Really now, so you were being fake?. Soon as I put in a slight input your ready to lay the iSmackdown on me lol. Get a grip man, it's the internet. :drool:

BTW I wasn't being defensive or anything, if that was the case I would have attacked everyone who said they didn't like it but nope I'm not that sensitive over stuff I just started doing. Your constantly about "clips" this "clips" that...dude forget the video this thread is really about the song. And no, I didn't make it seem like the video was totally my creation, I even said I used clips from my favorite cartoon. If you were unsure of my intent why didn't you look into the first post more, it's a free download. Anyway I appreciate what you said before you turned out to be fake. ;) Good day.

@camoor: Thanks for the advice and yeah lol I wasn't expecting a chart climber or anything.

@naiku: You don't have to try to like it lol, what you really think is more valuable to me. It's not all that upsetting :cool:. That guy is pretty nice, I'm a software guy though...wish I could work a set like that.

[quote name='Finess']Really now, so you were being fake?. Soon as I put in a slight input your ready to lay the iSmackdown on me lol. Get a grip man, it's the internet. :drool:

BTW I wasn't being defensive or anything, if that was the case I would have attacked everyone who said they didn't like it but nope I'm not that sensitive over stuff I just started doing. Your constantly about "clips" this "clips" that...dude forget the video this thread is really about the song. And no, I didn't make it seem like the video was totally my creation, I even said I used clips from my favorite cartoon. If you were unsure of my intent why didn't you look into the first post more, it's a free download. Anyway I appreciate what you said before you turned out to be fake. ;) Good day.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry. You're not intelligent enough for me to continue this conversation with. It's not like I've worked in music for the past 8 years or anything. I couldn't possibly know what I'm talking about. Good luck with your cartoon music. I know it takes a lot of creativity to have the most enjoyable part of your songs be someone elses work.

bread's done
Back