My friend picked up 77 copies of Jurassic Park for the SNES for $10 yesterday *PIC*

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I thought this was so awesome it deserved it's own thread. He went to this thrift shop that was getting rid of their Nintendo stuff and he managed to get all of these for $10 LOL.

I think were gonna build a dinosaur out of them but were not sure how...

3483fb9.jpg

[quote name='TommyLove']LOL! You guys should so collect them all and build a T-Rex and pay people to see you guy's museum.[/QUOTE]

Pay people to look at it? Why would you want to do that? :p

I noticed that every one has a blue sticker, except for one with a green sticker and one without a sticker. Are those two special?

77 copies of a crappy game lol. I was expecting CIB due to such a high number and all obtained in one place. Almost makes me think they are reproduction carts.

I don't get how a business would get that many of the same old retro game.

Nice lol.

Kinda remind me when I saw 44 copies of NEW/Factory Sealed Sonic Adventure for the Dreamcast at my local GoodWill. Too bad all of them were defective because I'd have snatched all of them at $5.99 each.

[quote name='Vinny']I noticed that every one has a blue sticker, except for one with a green sticker and one without a sticker. Are those two special?[/QUOTE]

Not sure. They were labeled like that for pricing back at the original store that was bought out by the thrift store my friend went to.

Yeah, yeah, but your friend was so preoccupied with whether or not he could buy 77 copies of Jurassic Park, he didn't stop to think if he should.

[quote name='Jnova80']Jeff Goldblum probably ran out of space in his garage.[/QUOTE]

Man, fuck Jeff Goldblum!! Lol

Kudos to anyone who gets that reference. And nice find OP

[quote name='Vinny']I noticed that every one has a blue sticker, except for one with a green sticker and one without a sticker. Are those two special?[/QUOTE]

I also like how there's one that just sticks out due to the discoloration as well, makes some of the copies that much more unique :p

[quote name='postaboy']Nice lol.

Kinda remind me when I saw 44 copies of NEW/Factory Sealed Sonic Adventure for the Dreamcast at my local GoodWill. Too bad all of them were defective because I'd have snatched all of them at $5.99 each.[/QUOTE]

If they were new sealed how would anyone know they were defective?

[quote name='Seraphinianus']Yeah, yeah, but your friend was so preoccupied with whether or not he could buy 77 copies of Jurassic Park, he didn't stop to think if he should.[/QUOTE]
I wanted to find a video clip to link on here of Ian Malcom slamming his hand on the table, saying 'You're selling it', but alas, the internet isn't quite big enough yet.

Unless someone else proves me wrong.

That's almost as good as the 300 copies of Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance II I got at a local thrift store at ten a pop. Now that was nipple protecting profit.

[quote name='urmomlikesme']Man, fuck Jeff Goldblum!! Lol

Kudos to anyone who gets that reference. And nice find OP[/QUOTE]

HAHA! Nicely done.

[quote name='schuerm26']If they were new sealed how would anyone know they were defective?[/QUOTE]

Some launch Dreamcast games were made incorrectly where they didn't work right or freezed up (I forget exactly). They then shipped revised editions to stores that had some kind of wording on the cover art saying they were an updated edition. The ones at the store must have been the original defective versions.

My friend went back has scored once again!

94 copies of NES Action Play Football
61 Copies of Silent Service
4 more copies of Jurassic Park
5 copies of Mario Bros/Duck Hunt

Total was $35

igvh44.jpg

2evuvki.jpg

Wow, just wow at the number of same games. If I had Earthbound a-plenty like that I would either be king of the world or called a scammer with fake carts.

The obvious next step here is to set up 77 Super NES systems on 77 televisions and then wire them all into one controller so that you can play all 77 simultaneously. A good side effect of this would be achieving god status.

[quote name='exaznkid']wat is silent service?[/QUOTE]

It's a realistic submarine simulator that they made a million copies of that no one has ever wanted to play.

[quote name='Ferrari Racer']My friend went back has scored once again!

94 copies of NES Action Play Football
61 Copies of Silent Service
4 more copies of Jurassic Park
5 copies of Mario Bros/Duck Hunt

Total was $35

igvh44.jpg

2evuvki.jpg
[/QUOTE]

WTF!!!!! :rofl:
So many games so little time... :whee:

[quote name='scaryice']It's a realistic submarine simulator that they made a million copies of that no one has ever wanted to play.[/QUOTE]

I actually own it and really liked it growing up. Hard as hell but so worth the effort.

edit: I still remember the sound of the the torpedo and deck gun quite well, now its stuck in my head, time to order a new power adapter and pick it up from my parents house.

I'm with Vinny on this one. Glue them all together and cover them in glitter, and maybe Barbie Doll heads, and call it something super referential, like "Andy Warhol's Lament."

I loved the pic of them spelling out Jurassic Park. It's crazy they had that many copies in one store.

But too bad they weren't 77 copies of Chrono Trigger then you could have used them to build a time machine.
You should totally build that dinosaur though.

[quote name='Capsuledragon']Wow that guy is a fuckin shit head what a waste of plenty of fuckin great games right there.[/QUOTE]

As far as I could tell, he just printed out the labels and stuck them to the carts. I'd venture a guess that outfit is made of several hundred sports carts that have been painted and re-labeled. The red Mario 64 cart is a dead giveaway.

[quote name='schuerm26']If they were new sealed how would anyone know they were defective?[/QUOTE]

Because I bought like 5, sold like 4 on eBay/Amazon, and all returned for a full refund. I then bought another 2 and tested them (returns also) out on my dreamcast/bleem and the disc wouldn't load up. Luckily the goodwill was cool enough to give me store credit for all the games i purchased.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread reminds of the Silver Spoons episode where Ricky tries to corner the market by buying up a bunch common baseball cards that no one wants until he hordes them all.

bread's done
Back