My Gmail account has been hijacked

yesiamaplant

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Facebook too. Not sure how, honestly. The only standard idiotic internet user mistake I made was to use the same pass for Gmail and Facebook, but it was a pretty strong pass. I suppose I could be a victim of phising, or maybe a virus, but nothing else seems to be compromised.

I made a new e-mail and filled out Gmail's "My Account has been compromised" form, but they just got back to me and said the information I provided was insufficient to prove I owned the account. At this point I don't care about getting it back so much as having it shut down. That was my main e-mail account for about 8 years, so I have no idea what sort of sensitive information I may have thrown around in that time during my more brainless moments.

Any tips?

[quote name='yesiamaplant']No, but I still hope and pray someone will be more helpful than you.[/QUOTE]
zingcakeszn6.jpg

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Stick it in her---

Wait, that won't help at all. Ignore.[/QUOTE]

That always helps, doesn't it?

w00t! Google finally accepted one of my "I can't access my account" forms for hijacked accounts.

I mean this with the deepest sincerity, thank you for the smarm everyone. It made me keep my sense of humor in tact through this, and I'm afraid I would have panicked without it.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Stick it in her---

Wait, that won't help at all. Ignore.[/QUOTE]

Actually, that could help pass the time and would be very helpful to get his mind off this hijacking.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']check out the details at the bottom of the main page just to see where someone who accessed your shit was located.[/QUOTE]

What's funny is when I loggged in this morning (about 12 hours after having access restored) Google put a big red flag at the top of my inbox saying my account had been accessed from Indonesia. Fast work, guys. :applause: Still can't access Facebook, but eh---I only used it for a few people and I could always start a new account, I guess.

[quote name='Matt Young']All you should have to do is have Facebook reset your password and send it to you.[/QUOTE]

I had tried that a few times before I got access back to e-mail, and so they shut down the profile. I've been corresponding with one of their techs who said they would restore access yesterday but they still haven't done it.

bread's done
Back