My god, MTV has hit a new low!

Specter

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
So, I was flipping through the channels last night when I came across this show. You may have heard about it, its called My Super Sweet Sixteen. Well, after finding myself strangly entranced to these spoiled kids making fools of themselves on TV, I have decided that this show is quite possibly THE most rediculous show I have ever seen!

On the show I was watching last night, the girl had to be the most spoiled, bitchey girl in quite some time. One of her quotes made me particularily sick!

"If my parents dont get me a car for my sixteenth birthday, I'm like never gonna talk to them ever again!"

Ok, well thats a great way to think. Dont get what you want? Then pout and be mad at your parents. Her parents were giving her a HUGE party(which in the end cost over $200,000!) and all that she could think about was the Viper that she wanted to get! BITCH!

And in this other situation, her parents told her not to go with her friend to Santa Barbara, so what did she do, you guessed it, snuck outta the house and went with her friend anyway. So what did her mom do, she cancelled her credit card! GO MOM!
And when she found out that her parents wernt getting her a car because of her actions and lack of respect, she pouted, balled, and got pissed at her parents. Hmmmmm, did she ever think that she deserved to not get a car? I'm sure THAT never went through her mind. What a spoiled brat!

If I had any respect for MTV left, it would have all been lost. This is the most disgusting, rediculous, and most vile pieces of garbage that i have seen in a while! Sorry, I just felt that I had to rant about it!

Anyone else seen the show, and what did you think about it?

[quote name='Specter']"If my parents dont get me a car for my sixteenth birthday, I'm like never gonna talk to them ever again!"

Ok, well thats a great way to think. Dont get what you want? Then pout and be mad at your parents. Her parents were giving her a HUGE party(which in the end cost over $200,000!) and all that she could think about was the Viper that she wanted to get! BITCH![/quote]

Welcome to the culture of greed.

Yeah one of those girls went to my old high school. The one with the mom who was getting wasted throughout the whole party. Was a pretty lame show.

I made a rant on "Made" somewhere in the forums, which I didn't think could be beat, but it has. This show is so mindnumbingly stupid. I saw music videos on MTV yesterday.. I almost passed out. I didn't think they even made music videos anymore.. seriously, why bother.

i actually watched that show today because i saw the title, "MY SUPER SWEET SIXTEEN" and i started to crack up not even know what the show was. i started to watch it untill i realized how much i hate those stupid bitches, then i changed the chanel.

in conclusion, hilarious name for a show, but the show sucked ass

Those kids piss me off. fake people fake drama fake shit. What a dumb show and those kids should get a kick in the ass.....watching MTV now and that shows has some girl crying over a new car her parents wont get her..what a spoiled brat.

I don't think it is MTV. I mean, sure, they are passing this off as entertainment. I think the more disgusting thing, is that behavior like this exists. I come from a well to do family, but I have never once taken what I have for granted. I am grateful that I have been so lucky.

[quote name='Tromack']I don't think it is MTV. I mean, sure, they are passing this off as entertainment. I think the more disgusting thing, is that behavior like this exists. I come from a well to do family, but I have never once taken what I have for granted. I am grateful that I have been so lucky.[/quote]
can i have some money

I hate MTV, so it doesn't really surprise me. Seems like more of the shit reality series that they churn out every so often to appeal to the mainstream teenagers.

MTV reached its low years ago. It's a terrible station, and it's really unfortunate. Then they made MTV2, which was supposed to be all videos. That didn't last either.

Sadly, these craptastic shows reflect today's youth, and at the same time influence and encourage those behaviors and attitudes. I think society in general has reached a "new low".

That'd be funny if she got the Viper and totalled it the first week. Accidents usually do happen when u first get your liscense :p Here in Ohio if a minor gets 1 ticket they lose their liscense lol

[quote name='secretvampire']Her parents SHOULD get her a Viper, because that bitch would easily kill herself in it.[/quote]

its kinda mean, but agreed!
mtv is seriously one of the greatest lows that our society cud ever have achieved, spoiled brat-ism is "in" thanks to them... :(boycott it!! :p

lol yea rich teenagers r definitely ignorant cuz they r way too spoiled. they probably hav never seen a $1 bill b4, and they think the word no means "no, but maybe you can pay me off." that's just another one of the many things wrong w/ the world, lol.

I'm starting to get real sick of these rich kid reality shows. I am amzed that people are so stupid that they actually want to watch a bunch of these spoiled rotten children go about their daily lives. It would be so much cooler if during the show they were being hunted.

Man, can you imagine what collision insurance would cost on a Viper and a 16 year old female driver? It's probably more than my parents make in a year.

jUst reading that makes me want to punch MTV in their gut and push them down a hill. Why don 't they cover a real family that has to live paycheck by paycheck and makes less than $40,000 a year combined. $200,000 for a fuckin' party. There's people on the streets that would kill to have $10.00 so they can get something to eat and these people are spending $200,000 for a fucking 16th birthday party. 16 isin't even important. They should all go to hell or better yet a 3rd world country.

I hate MTV. They hardly have any musiv and promote the worst aspects of pop culture. And they have the whole Simpson family reality tv hour.

I actually liked that show. And, for the record, I hate MTV with a passion. I just thought it was funny how, horribly, morbidly, mind bogglingly, incomprehensibly stupid those rich little bitches were.

[quote name='bookishboy']Isn't MTV that channel that used to play music?[/quote]

No, they moved that to MYTTV2. Though I haven't watched that in awhile.

I've long blocked MTV from my EPG along with the foreign language and televangelist channels. Makes looking for something worth watching much quicker.

fuck, these people get quarter million dollar parties and cars for there 16th birthday!?!? I remember all i got was dumped by my gf on my 16th birthday.

[quote name='KodeKid']lol yea rich teenagers r definitely ignorant cuz they r way too spoiled. they probably hav never seen a $1 bill b4, and they think the word no means "no, but maybe you can pay me off." that's just another one of the many things wrong w/ the world, lol.[/quote]
This isn't a fucking text-message discussion board...Jesus, just type out the few extra letters.

Oh yeah, I was flipping through channels the other night and saw this as well. I hate MTV in general, so my opinion of this show is the same as my opinion of the network.

I actually liked that show. And, for the record, I hate MTV with a passion. I just thought it was funny how, horribly, morbidly, mind bogglingly, incomprehensibly stupid those rich little bitches were.

That is why I watched it, just to see how much of an ass these people could make of themselves on TV! Classic!

This is why I don't want kids. The last thing any 16 year old deserves is a new car, never mind some 6 figure birthday bash. If, for some reason, I ever do have kids, and all they want for their 16th birthday is a friggin car, I swear I'll throw them into boot camp instead.

And if it weren't for MTV2's 4 hour blocks of Beavis and Butt-Head, they wouldn't have my viewership period.

I want my MTV. No, not the shit they pass off for MTV now, but the one that played music videos most of the time, then cool stuff like B&B for a couple hours a day.

I love my parents, in turn they love me.... am I a weird child? I always though this was the way it was supposed to be.

[quote name='Mafia']This is why I don't want kids. The last thing any 16 year old deserves is a new car, never mind some 6 figure birthday bash. If, for some reason, I ever do have kids, and all they want for their 16th birthday is a friggin car, I swear I'll throw them into boot camp instead.

And if it weren't for MTV2's 4 hour blocks of Beavis and Butt-Head, they wouldn't have my viewership period.

I want my MTV. No, not the shit they pass off for MTV now, but the one that played music videos most of the time, then cool stuff like B&B for a couple hours a day.[/quote]

have digital cable? my digital cable gives MTV HIT -- video all day man!

NO ADS!

EDIT: BTW, why not donate teh 200000 to tsunami relief?

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I don't know if that's a new low, it's pretty much par for the course now.[/quote]

Agreed, fuck MTV beyond repair.

It seems like every new show on MTV is a reality show and it also seems like that's all they show anymore. Other than the Real World (I occasionaly watch it) and Road Rules, I really don't like any of their reality shows.

I saw a preview for this show and thought it looked stupid and never watched it which sounds like was the right decision.

MTV is so bull shit. They always have shows about rich fucks that complain about everything. The only thing on MTV that was worth watching was Wild Boys and Beavis and Butt-head. They stupid executives cancelled Wild Boys for some reason though.

[quote name='help1'][quote name='Mafia']This is why I don't want kids. The last thing any 16 year old deserves is a new car, never mind some 6 figure birthday bash. If, for some reason, I ever do have kids, and all they want for their 16th birthday is a friggin car, I swear I'll throw them into boot camp instead.

I want my MTV. No, not the shit they pass off for MTV now, but the one that played music videos most of the time, then cool stuff like B&B for a couple hours a day.[/quote]

have digital cable? my digital cable gives MTV HIT -- video all day man!

NO ADS!

EDIT: BTW, why not donate teh 200000 to tsunami relief?[/quote]

This show was filmed MONTHS before that whole tsunami thing happened. They dont put shows on the air in a matter of day after filming, there is a lot of editing to do, a lot of cut and pasting to make people look like idiots. For all anyone knows she prolly 17 now.

heh.. I remember the one where they are looking at brand new Mercedez, but they think they aren't big enough. So they look outside and see a Land Rover. The girl gets in and says "This is the car for me". Then she finds out it's used and is like "WHAT?!?! It's USED!!!". The face she made was like "oh my god im sitting in a piece of shit."
Spoiled rich bitches...

[quote name='Mafia']I want my MTV. No, not the shit they pass off for MTV now, but the one that played music videos most of the time, then cool stuff like B&B for a couple hours a day.[/quote]

I think it's called MTV2 now. ;)

Man, I can't believe you guys hate MTV. I love it, because the execs are making millions off of stupid ass teenagers. It's the American Dream. If only I could get in on the executive side of that sweet pie....

I had my parents watching this show last weekend. They were rolling through the whole thing. All I have to say is that rich people are messed up.

I agree, it's bad, but not exactally a new low. This is probably the worst show about rich little a-holes since Rich Girls, another show MTV made. I kind of hate shows like this (as well as VH1's Fabulous Life), because it's nothing but celebrity and rich bastards who show off what they have. There's nothing like having shows on TV to further demean how you live.

bread's done
Back