My haul for the day

Santorum X

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
Just got back from a Goodwill thrift store and snagged all these for $63.28.

2 working Genesis (gen. 1) consoles w/ all the hookups, except one (missing RF adapter).
2 official Genesis controllers
1 official 6-button Genesis controller
And the following games:
2 Sonic the Hedgehog
X-Men
NHL '96
Super Wrestlemania
Decapattack
Maximum Carnage
Madden '95
Primal Rage
Starflight
Ecco: The Tides of Time
Bulls vs Blazers and the NBA Playoffs
Altered Beast
Super Monaco GP
Flashback
Batman Forever
Bio Hazard Battle
Subterrania

NES light gun

Wolverine issues 3 and 4
X-Factor issue 1
The Uncanny X-Men issues 215, 218, 220, and 224
all in NM condition and 49 cents each!
I don't know how much the Wolverine issues are exactly worth, but I know they're at least $10+.

[quote name='jeffreyjrose']Wow, I've never thought to check Goodwills for gaming supplies!!!![/quote]

Yeah, they had colecovision, atari, and intellivision games, NES and SNES games and accessories, bunch of racing wheels for PC and consoles, and more. All for cheap too! And usually there is setup where you can test if the items work or not.

I actually checked a goodwill a couple weeks ago, all I could find was some old genesis sports games and super mario/duckhunt for the nes. Nice finds you got though.

I want Genesis again. I'm trying to get my girlfriend to get me the one they have at her house.

Good finds.

how come all my goodwill has is old musty clothes, and other useless crap?? Bah, thats what I get for living in a community that doesnt get rid of games.

[quote name='Santorum X'][quote name='jeffreyjrose']Wow, I've never thought to check Goodwills for gaming supplies!!!![/quote]

Yeah, they had colecovision, atari, and intellivision games, NES and SNES games and accessories, bunch of racing wheels for PC and consoles, and more. All for cheap too! And usually there is setup where you can test if the items work or not.[/quote]

damn I wish I could come across some Colecovision games. I have'nt found any in about a year and a half.

If you could make a list of the games, I would be willing to send you the money to buy and mail them to me(depending on the titles).

Also did the Intellivision games come with the boxes, instructions or overlays? Did you happen to see Kool-Aid Man?
Could you also make a list of these?

If not thats fine, just thought I would ask.

@Santorum X: Nice finds!

I try to visit a few thrift stores at least once a week. I should probably go more often to find better stuff, but I don't always have the time.

I've found some gaming stuff at Goodwill, but I have yet to buy any games there. A couple weeks ago I found a stack of SNES games for $4.99 each, but 3 were sports titles and the rest were games I already had (Super Mario World, and Yoshi's Island).

One time I found complete copies of Monopoly and Carmen Sandiego for SMS. Before that I hadn't seen any SMS games in years. Since I don't own an SMS I passed them up.

I found a PSX racing wheel at a Value Village but I didn't want to pay $8 for it. That and I have no room for it anyways. :lol:

But here's one I really regret passing up: Last November, I found a complete Pikmin at a Goodwill for $9.99. But I didn't own a GC back then, so I passed it up. I got a GC in February... if only I had found the game there after I got my GC, not before.

I also search the toy bins sometimes for video game related toys to display alongside my games. It just looks cooler having a little pull back Mario Kart toy (in this case, Mario) right alongside your GC games. I also bought little Kirby happy meal toy that day.
I've also found one of the Koopa Paratroopas from when Mc Donald's had SMB3 happy meal toys, but I went to look at something else and when I went back a minute later, it was gone. I still don't know why I didn't grab it when I saw it. ](*,)

Finally, just about every thrift I've been to always has something for the Genesis. Most of the time you'll find a model 1 or 2 console, mostly without hookups, and a few loose 3 button controllers. But for a couple weeks the thrifts here had no Genesis consoles. It was weird. But then I saw a model 2 Genesis at a Goodwill and the dry spell was over. :lol:
As for games... well, way too many boxed and complete sports titles at $3.99. Enough said.

I once saw a Super Nintendo at Goodwill for about $25 (had the box, instructions, and all supplies). It was the worst time to be very low on cash, would've gotten it on the spot.

I've never really seen any games at goodwill stores around here. I have seen some at pawn shops, though. The best deal I've gotten at one locally was nearly the entire series of Cowboy Bebop on DVD for cheap. Anyone else had any luck with pawn shops?

theres no better way of stickin it to the poor people than buying all the games at goodwill... RoXxoR

bread's done
Back