My internet browser keeps jumping up & down rapidly ...

As simple as it sounds it's almost always a stuck/faulty key on the keyboard.

a - unplug the keyboard, see if it still happens. if not, buy a new keyboard

b - use a different browser, if it fixes the problem you need to reset the old browser back to default

c - if it's not one of the 2 it may be virus releases download malwarebytes antimalware (free), run a scan and see if there's any infections

[quote name='Superfluential']all the sudden and randomly. Anyone know for sure what the problem is and how to fix it?[/QUOTE]
I told you to give me my damn money

and it seems to do it more so when I interact with the mouse, as soon as I move the mouse iteself. I don't necessarily have to click anything.

That being said, it doesn't seem to affect things such as when I use Wordpad , notepad, or even when I use it for gaming. It's basically just a web browser issue.

[quote name='Superfluential']and it seems to do it more so when I interact with the mouse, as soon as I move the mouse iteself. I don't necessarily have to click anything.

That being said, it doesn't seem to affect things such as when I use Wordpad , notepad, or even when I use it for gaming. It's basically just a web browser issue.[/QUOTE]

I've had that happen to me too, actually. Like, if you scroll, nothing will happen for a few second but then it starts scrollin all over the place, right?

[quote name='Chronis']I've had that happen to me too, actually. Like, if you scroll, nothing will happen for a few second but then it starts scrollin all over the place, right?[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

does it only do it on certain websites? maybe you notice on the same site everytime? sounds like your computer and/or browser is having a tough time loading certain elements on webpages. maybe theyre flash heavy or use java. youre trying to scroll around while the page is still loading. could be poorly written web pages, maybe its time for a little more ram.

I might go with the more Ram answer. It hasn't happened to me in a good while, and I upgraded my ram a while back also...

Your browser's jerking off. Watch out that you don't get any in your face.

No, seriously. I read something recently about the latest Firefox causing some weird stuff in IE. I think this might have been one of the things.

check both your mouse and keyboard. Unplug one and use the other and see if it stops the symptoms. The mouse scoll wheel usually causes scoll/jump issues, and there's a couple keys on the keyboard that can cause the issue.

(you can navigate webpages with just the keyboard, though it's painful. Tab to get between links, alt to get to the top menu bars)

If unplugging one works then replace it.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']does it only do it on certain websites? maybe you notice on the same site everytime? sounds like your computer and/or browser is having a tough time loading certain elements on webpages. maybe theyre flash heavy or use java. youre trying to scroll around while the page is still loading. could be poorly written web pages, maybe its time for a little more ram.[/QUOTE]

No, when it does do it, it's on whatever page I may be viewing, not any particular page .

Today it seems good (haven't done anything) so I don't know what it could be. I just upgraded my RAM about 5 months ago, so I hope that isn't the problem.

Like I said though, it seems to be pretty good today, no jumping so far. Just seems to happen at random to be honest.

It used to happen because I had a shitty mouse wheel and then I got a new one and now it's fine.

It's hilarious how hard people try to be funny in here and failed miserably.

Today it seems to be jumping again. I know the mouse or keyboard isn't the issue simply because it works fine with games and things such as notepad & wordpad.

One thing I've noticed is, if I minimize the page and then maximize it, it works briefly normally. When I maximize however, I occaisionally hear a "beep" noise from the computer itself.

To those legitimately trying to help thanks.

bread's done
Back