My killer weekend deals weekend bragging topic.

Chuplayer

CAGiversary!
I feel like I hit the lottery this weekend. It was so freakin' good as far as deals went.

First, it was The Warriors XBOX new and sealed for $8 yesterday. I got the last one, but NJ CAGgers heads up, read the end of this thread.

Then I went to Game$top to buy a used XBOX console. I know I was in for a crapshoot, but I went into the store armed with a printout of various DVD drives. I was on a mission to not get the Thompson drive. The girl said she'd look at a few consoles for me, but only a few. She got lucky on the first one. I got lucky because it looks like it was barely used. It looks new and shiny. There were barely any saves on the hard drive, and the last one was from in very early 2007. The best part is, it runs like a champ. An absolute champ. I played it constantly all weekend, and the thing doesn't give up. There was also one more pleasant surprise that had me screaming "HOLY SHIT! JACKPOT!" What is it? That's a secret :cool:

With the console, I bought Midnight Club 2, Midway Arcade Treasures 3, and the Jet Set Radio Future/SEGA GT 2002 double pack. With 25% off and tax, Total on that transaction: $60.68

MC2 was bad, though. It looked like it was Disc Doctored, and it just plain wouldn't run. I took it back early this afternoon and got it swapped out. The cool part was that the girl screwed up. She refunded the defective MC2 instead of doing a proper replacement transaction and then in the same transaction I got Project Gotham Racing 1, Project Gotham Racing 2, and BMX XXX (lol). Transaction total: 1.58 because she gave me a free MC2 by mistake.

Finally, I went to the other Game$top and bought an official XBOX controller memory unit, Chronicles of Riddick, and Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball. Transaction total: $8.22

I hit the frickin' jackpot this weekend :D

NJ CAGgers, here's what's up. The Old Bridge Route 9 Pathmark got some games in. It looks like it hasn't been picked through yet, and prices seem decent. They had GBA Capcom Classics Mini-Mix for $8, GBA Max Payne for $5, and three copies of DS Elite Beat Agents (don't remember the price). The sticker on the back of my Warriors said used, but it was new and sealed. I didn't look at the possibility of other games being used, but they didn't scream "used" either when I thumbed through them. I believe I also saw platinum hits Max Payne 1 for XBOX.

[quote name='distgfx']Free MvC2? Sell that sucker before it's too late, PSN and XBLA versions are the real deal.[/QUOTE]
Midnight Club 2, not Marvel vs. Capcom 2.

[quote name='Chuplayer']Midnight Club 2, not Marvel vs. Capcom 2.[/QUOTE]

How the hell did I misread that? Especially when you spelled it out. Anyway, carry on.

[quote name='antlp89']Did you happen to run into any fellow "weird people" again? =)[/QUOTE]
Thankfully not.

That what I was wondering, since most people that seek out the xbox's with good drives, like myself want them for other reasons.

I picked up my copy of The Warriors for $5 from a local Kmart that still had it in the case late last year. Actually, many Kmarts still have last gen stuff that was on the old clearance lists if you look hard enough.

Now all I need to do is find a closer GS(closest one with it in stock was mid NJ)with the Steel Battalion bundle IN STOCK.

Sooo... you got an XBox with a bunch of pretty bad games (except Jet Set Radio Future and Riddick) for $60. Where's the deal?

[quote name='Chuplayer']and three copies of DS Elite Beat Agents (don't remember the price). The sticker on the back of my Warriors said used, but it was new and sealed. I didn't look at the possibility of other games being used, but they didn't scream "used" either when I thumbed through them. I believe I also saw platinum hits Max Payne 1 for XBOX.[/QUOTE]

Elite Beat Agents is $7.99. A Pathmark I was at last week had the same games. I noticed they all said used as well but all the XBox and 360 games had security seals.

[quote name='lolwut?']Wait, where are the killer deals?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Scorch']Sooo... you got an XBox with a bunch of pretty bad games (except Jet Set Radio Future and Riddick) for $60. Where's the deal?[/QUOTE]

I was about to say the same thing... not exactly killer deals.

Whaddya mean no good games? The PGRs are awesome, and Riddick. Freakin' Riddick, man. The Warriors is still the best Streets of Rage since SOR2. Midnight Club 2 is also pretty good. And you can't tell me that some of the games on Midway Arcade Treasures 3 aren't any fun. Hydro Thunder, Rush the Rock, Rush 2049, Super Off Road.

I got DOAX and BMX XXX for obvious reasons, but that's beside the point. They were still pretty cheap.

Also, getting a good used XBOX for $50 is a steal. The thing is near mint. I wanted a non-Thompson drive system because I got a Thompson drive system way back in 2001, and it had problems. Once they dropped that DVD drive, the system became so reliable it makes you wonder how M$ has had so many problems with the 360. I was going to get a new and sealed system very late in the system's life cycle, but that never happened.

Congrats on your perceived good deals this weekend.

If you want a back-up Xbox or any games, shoot me a list, as I see boxes for

[quote name='Chuplayer']Whaddya mean no good games? The PGRs are awesome, and Riddick. Freakin' Riddick, man. The Warriors is still the best Streets of Rage since SOR2. Midnight Club 2 is also pretty good. And you can't tell me that some of the games on Midway Arcade Treasures 3 aren't any fun. Hydro Thunder, Rush the Rock, Rush 2049, Super Off Road.

I got DOAX and BMX XXX for obvious reasons, but that's beside the point. They were still pretty cheap.

Also, getting a good used XBOX for $50 is a steal. The thing is near mint. I wanted a non-Thompson drive system because I got a Thompson drive system way back in 2001, and it had problems. Once they dropped that DVD drive, the system became so reliable it makes you wonder how M$ has had so many problems with the 360. I was going to get a new and sealed system very late in the system's life cycle, but that never happened.[/QUOTE]

I ended up getting an XBox right before MS released the 360 and it was the Hitachi drive or something. I paid $150 for it, which was a steal considering I didn't need to pay $30 each for friggin memory cards, plus I got an extra Xbox for a boxload of guides that I shipped off to someone on here.

Then, when my PRP came due two years later, I traded in my Xbox and got my $150 back on a credit slip and bought a slim PStwo, which I then flipped that Christmas for under what I paid.

So I got two years of use out of it, then got my money back and I still have another Xbox to play should I want to.

few weeks ago i saw what looked to be a green original xbox, with 2 controllers and nothing else. it was on a flea market table. I never asked the guy how much he wanted for it because it was all dusty and beat up.

I was trying to pay less than $100 for it. A month before the Dreamcast came out, I picked up a new Saturn from K-Mart for $50. I was hoping to find that sort of deal on an original XBOX.

The price never went less than $150, though.

bread's done
Back