My last experience with WB Home Video and why

merkman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
So I'd heard about the trouble folks had with orders in August and Sept. Having ordered with the web site earlier in the year, and getting good prices and free shipping on the HD-DVD's and Blu-Ray movies I ordered... I was willing to give them another chance when the next 25% off coupon code was available.

I placed a pretty simple order. Ocean's 11-13 on HD-DVD, and Harry Potter 1-5 also on HD-DVD. That provided me free shipping, I saved 25% off each, and I felt pretty comfortable with my order... placed a good month before either set was to be released.

Well, Oct. came and went. I thought my Ocean's set would arrive shortly, so I simply waited. But Nov. came, I saw the movies at Fry's, and I wondered where they were. So I e-mailed Warner Brothers Home Video and asked for an update on the status of my order. After a week, I was told I should receive more information in two days... and after another week I hadn't heard anything.

So last week I sent ANOTHER e-mail asking for the status of my order, and explained I felt sending my order immediately with priority shipping at no additional charge was in order... as I'd been waiting a month and still didn't have my movies. I just received a reply today indicating they were contacting the wherehouse about my order, and they hoped to have more information soon.

From a company that did such a great job with my first online order, they have totally screwed up my second one. I'd have NEVER ordered from them if I thought things would be screwed up this bad, or realized their customer service was so lame.

So I'm here to encourage you all to go to your local stores, shop New Egg, or Deep Discount, DVD Planet, Amazon, or wherever else you prefer. But do NOT order from WB, as I don't honestly think they are worth your time... and they AREN'T deserving of your hard earned money.

That's my .02 Have a great day!

Merk

Funny, I placed the exact same order from WB Store for the same reason...and keep getting "Backorder" emails regarding the Oceans 11 - 13 set. I'm wondering if they're holding off on shipping until the Harry Potter set comes out and will mail both together. It is a joke though and I have no intention to order from them again in the future.

yea... i ordered the same and gave up and "cancelled"... how much you want to bet I am charged for these items and they ship 2 months from now.

Their service is pretty bad. I had to hassle them on an almost daily basis before they finally "contacted" the "warehouse" to send my several Kubrick HD-DVDs. If it wasn't for the good price on the Harry Potter boxset I would of cancelled that back in October. I can understand the system problems they were having back in August but come on.... this is a MAJOR company we're talking about here that's worth billions. There is NO excuse why this hasn't been fixed by now. At all.

ditto on everything in the OP. How hard can it be for the manufacturer of a movie to, I dunno, manufacture a copy for my order? I finally just canceled my order with them last week. I don't understand the problem.

and this is after a "representative" of the company came onto this board saying they knew there were problems but they were trying to fix them. Yeah well fuck you WHV.

i never had any problems yet luckily

i just ordered omega man + aviator + pan's (pre order) on 11/28 and got omega man + aviator today

i did get a weird email about blade runner being back ordered when it's not even out

2001 was back ordered when i placed an order, but i got it about a week after the rest of my movies

guess i got lucky

One order from them that I'm asking to be cancelled. Their response is that they will contact the warehouse and that if they're unsuccesful, to just refuse delivery.

That's just great. I messaged them nearly two weeks in advance and they can't confirm a cancellation? Is it really that hard?

I dig them.

Yeah, they fucked up but after I canceled they sent me 6 of the movies at no charge (their fuck up again) and with my new order they seem to be getting them out on time (missing Best Of HD-DVD Vol 3, Eyes Wide Shut and one other one but they overnighted me The Omega Man so I recieved it the day after it came out)

bread's done
Back