My Latest and Best Pawn Shop Trip

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Today was another pawn shopping trip and the best one I've had for a really long time.
First purchase: Buffy seasons 2,3,4,6,7 for six dollars a piece. Pretty sweet, since I got season 1 there for the same price a couple weeks ago.
Second purchase: Minish Cap (cart only) 15. Not that wonderful but good enough for me.
Third purchase: My mother bought an Ipod 60 GB picture/MP3 player for 197.
Fourth purchase: Zelda collector's disc 10 dollars.
Fifth purchase: Beyond the Beyond (missing book) and SUIKODEN 2 (MINT) 7 dollars a piece. That's probably the best find I've had.
My mother also got Mario Party 4 there for 13 dollars, since I already had it.

A find like Suikoden 2 is what gets me going to these places. The hunt is what I enjoy, because it's definitely not the service :roll: I just wanted to share my good fortune and hopefully give some hope to my fellow pawn shop hunters. I was losing hope on finding something good and this happened. I guess dragging my boyfriend with me works as a lucky charm.

Thanks... You just reminded me I need to check the pawn shop back home when I visit my parents next time. :) I wonder if there are any around here...

Repost ;)

JK though, great finds, and while I'm not a huge fan of Suikoden 2 (I'm ebaying mine right now actually) at $7 its an absolute steal. Also the entire set of buffy seasons for $42 is an amazing deal as well.

The hunt is what I enjoy, because it's definitely not the service

Agreed! I assume it's because games aren't high priced items, so they really don't go out of their way to help you out.

One guy at my local shop doesn't even let me look at stacks of games.
here's a conversation with him I had yesterday, verbatim:

Me: Can I check out that stack of Nintendo 64 games?

Him: Those are all Mario.

Me: But I see a basketball game peeking out under--

Him: They're all Mario! I stocked them myself! (he actually raised his voice)

I got another person to help me, and lo and behold, only the game on top of the stack was mario :roll:

[quote name='Apossum']Agreed! I assume it's because games aren't high priced items, so they really don't go out of their way to help you out.

One guy at my local shop doesn't even let me look at stacks of games.
here's a conversation with him I had yesterday, verbatim:

Me: Can I check out that stack of Nintendo 64 games?

Him: Those are all Mario.

Me: But I see a basketball game peeking out under--

Him: They're all Mario! I stocked them myself! (he actually raised his voice)

I got another person to help me, and lo and behold, only the game on top of the stack was mario :roll:[/QUOTE]

AHHAHAHAHAH that's top tier. if that happened to me i would've definitely went out of the store telling that guy how $$$$$$ he is and chuck the mario game at his face.

some people are fags out there for realz.

Wow Buffys for $6 each and Suik 2 for $7. Amazing finds. I imagine that means someone sold those Buffys to that pawn for $2-3 apiece if not less. Damn, people are DUMB. The PSX game I could see as many people would think there is no way an old video game could be worth more than a few bucks.

All the pawn shops around me price their video games using EB, GS, and/or eBay to set their prices. So no $7 Suik 2s for me. I guess it saves me time as I don't waste mine going back to any of them after the first trip.

There are a few near my parents that do flat prices for all their DVDs and video games. But I've had workers at even those tell me they just sell anything really juicy on eBay. (The one guy told me he buys up anything good himself to sell...)

bread's done
Back