My local yokel video store find

The Cheapest Ass Gamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
I was driving through a town (Shrewsbury, PA) that I hadn't been to in a while and decided to stop at their local video store called Video Tymes (sic). They had about 100 former rental video games, almost all priced at $9.99. I spotted a copy of Ikaruga in the original case for $9.99, took it up, and the guy told me "nobody ever rented this and I don't know why. It's an incredible game, I bought a GameCube just for it and Resident Evil 4." So I get it to my car, open it up and it's clearly never been rented, just like he said. Pristine disc, pristine manual, and a mint case with some stickers that my best liquid friend Goo Gone eliminated. Not bad, huh? They have a lot more and I'm planning to go back soon and look for some more similar deals. Hopefully I'll be able to score something like Rez for $10 as well. :)

That game is really hard lol. I might commit to it one day I just don't like games that make me want to throw my wavebird at the screen

Cool. Local places are the place to go for cheap ass games (most of the time... I'm looking at you Book & Music Exchange, you bastards. Evansville-area CAGs MIGHT know what I'm talking about).

Excellent find.

Seems like they know how to do mark downs. A local video store here is going out and they are clearing off lots of old VHS for as low as 99 cents. So how do they mark their used games? By going to Gamestop.com and charging the same that they do. fucking bastards.

I thought I was lucky when I scored Ikaruga at TRU's green tag last year (50% off) for $19.99...

Good find man.:)

I found Ikaruga sealed behind the glass case for 20 dollars at Wal Mart in Presque Isle, Northern Maine, some half a year back. It was the only copy. I saw it and thought 'wtf mate'..

I dont live in Maine btw.

bread's done
Back