My new and improved Assassin's Creed cover!

TurkeyOnRye

CAGiversary!
Feedback
214 (100%)
So this is just a throwaway post really but I thought it'd be fun regardless. A little backstory though...

I had Assassin's Creed checked out through Gamefly a few months ago and had played through it. Before I could return it, my younger brother mentioned that he had a played a little of the game and enjoyed it and wanted to know if he could borrow it before I sent it back. Seeing as how his birthday was about a week and a half away, I just paid the $17 to keep it and planned on giving it to him on his birthday once the case came in.

Fast forward to the day before his birthday. Still no case. I had some free time at work between batches so I downloaded an example of a cover and created one of my own. You know. As a temporary. Hell, I could hardly tell the difference in the two. Unfortunately, the case came in the day of his birthday, so I didn't get to use it. Shame. But I figured you guys and gals on here fancy yourselves something of fine art aficianados, so here, I post them, for your enjoyment. The original cover first, and the new and improved next.

Discuss!

Last edited by a moderator:
You have now given me a reason to say something good about this game, which in turn says something good about your cover. Simply awesome.

I would have given it to him with your personally made case, funny as hell. Maybe RIGHT before you left, hand him the original.

Me though? I'd keep it in that case if I was him, and just keep the original somewhere in storage. Good shit.

Wow. Thanks!

I wasn't expecting people to actually like the cover... just find it kinda amusing. I appreciate the positive feedback!

Maybe I should make some more...

Dude, I thought you were serious and expected some photo shopped pretty cover, but this was awesome. Love the quotes and everything. I totally would have still given it to him. I'm considering changing my user title to "Be Awesome! Like a Ninja!" :)

The fine print reads:

"Blah Blah Blah Blah. You never read this crap anyway. I think they put it here for legal reasons or something. I could type anything here, like the Pledge of Allegiance. I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America. Blah blah blah. Who's bright idea was it to put up all those flippin' flags all over the place in the game? Did anyone really try to collect them all? Screw that. I'll just stick to killing people. Like an assassin... for Pete's sake. I mean really. Stabbing people in the face is pretty cool though and running all parkour like through the stages... that's pretty awesome too. I hate the beggar ladies. They could totally be hookers or something. I mean really now. Really. You see me following that guy, honey? I'm gonna stab him. Quit begging me for flipping money, ok? I'll stab you too. I mean it. You know what sounds good right now? Taco Bell. Fourth Meal. Something crunchy, chewy, cheesy. Or "cruncheweesy." Yeah. And a coke. No diet either. I hate the after taste. If I plan of drinking cola, I'm not gonna go half way. Give me the real deal. That's the American way. Like pirates. Sweet."

And yes... that's how my train of thought works.

You should have printed a more accurate description on the back:

"Rinse. Repeat. Rinse. Repeat. Rinse. Repeat. Rinse. Rinse. Repeat. Rinse. Repeat. Rinse. Repeat. Rinse. Repeat. Rinse. Repeat. Rinse. Repeat. Stop bothering with the rinsing now. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Ending that doesn't resolve anything and you'd say came too soon but for the fact that you just did the same fucking thing over and over again for 7 hours, and would probably drive to Ubisoft and assassinate someone for real if the game were as long as the average $60 game."

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Hey... AC is an amazing game. Yea, repitive missions but it's the best damn looking game i've played.[/QUOTE]
Sound and fury signifying nothing.

Scratch that: Assassin's Creed sounded terrible. The voice-track was the only thing more repetitive than the gameplay.

[quote name='Ex~']Sound and fury signifying nothing.

Scratch that: Assassin's Creed sounded terrible. The voice-track was the only thing more repetitive than the gameplay.[/quote]

Oh my god...

Ya, I hated the voices. Can't they just make the voices stop after they play once? And only replay them when you haven't heard them for at least an hour. "Waiting...waiting!" *brain shuts off*

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Woah, you bought it for 17 bucks?

Nice cover! Make one for... Bioshock or GTA4![/QUOTE]

I've had GTA4 for a while but let me play more for more cover ideas. Bioshock I just got last week and haven't touched it. That one will have to wait...

I love it! You should post it in the right size for printing so we can printout a copy andreplace our covers. AC is one of the most overrated and overhyped ames to come out in years.

[quote name='Puffa469']I love it! You should post it in the right size for printing so we can printout a copy andreplace our covers. AC is one of the most overrated and overhyped ames to come out in years.[/QUOTE]

Where's a good place that would take a full sized copy and let me post it on here?

[quote name='Hybrid5006']Oh the possibilities if you were skilled at photoshop and use that instead of paint. =)[/QUOTE]

I can actually use photoshop fairly well. I used it to color my Nicole Kidman/Carmen Sandiego way way way back during the movie poster contest. Kind of a watercolor painting effect. Not too shabby for a colorblind guy. I'll have to find those...

I started working on the GTA4 cover tonight. Hope I can catch the same magic!

By the way, does anyone object to the word "titties" on the cover somewhere. I feel kinda obligated to use it since ths is the first game I've heard it in AND it seems like every other word used.

bread's done
Back