my old setup VS. my new setup (rate it 1-10) (56k warning)

uesc

CAGiversary!
old#1
PA260021.JPG

old#2
PA170017.JPG

I've had the above setup for several years, and in that time, i purchased the PC, the TV and the x-box, and i was running out of room for my stuff!
Since the tv is widescreen, that limited the pre-built entertainment centers, and left me with no room for the computers. so i decided to build a new computer desk that could also hold my tv and look nice.

New #1
15newroom.JPG

New #2
17newroom.JPG

There's nothing new about my dvd shelves, except i alphabitized everything (but it sucks shuffling everything when i buy new dvd's)

New #3
P1010112.JPG

New #4
P1010113.JPG

New #5
P1010114.JPG

New #6
P1010115.JPG

what do you think?

well, i was gonna do this in the galary, but the 1 picture per post was kinda a bummer ;)

uh i dont know... 7/10?

its a pretty good setup (have enuf computers?) the only thing i c wrong with it is the placement of the tv, dont u get neck cramps from looking up there for long? plus i just couldnt c a group of friends sitting there playing. other than that, nice collection, and a pretty good setup. o and are those filing cabnets holding up the whole thing?

Nice setup you got there. What kind of XBox skin is that?

Also I've got to give some props for the Logitech wireless combo. I have that also, wouldn't give them up for the world.

ok, you get good marks, only because you have the movie They Live.

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all outta bubblegum"

A great line spoken by a true thespian......Rowdy Roddy Pipper.

eggviper:
3 computers is enough (if you're including the laptop) and the neck cramps are no problem, i usually watch from the bed. the filing cabinets are there for support, but the shelves are all bolted into the studs in the wall. i was worried about that too, since the tv weighs about 200 pounds.

Magilacudy:
the Xbox skin is just a regular silver skin, but when it was mailed from canada it got all bent up, so i threw it on there anyway. the flash makes it look like that, it you saw it in person you'd wonder why i still have it on there (answer: i'm lazy)

Journey:
so many people misquote that as coming from duke nukem, i'm glad somebody else knows where it really came from :D

Did you construct that yourself? Jesus it is well thought out. I hope you don't live in california though. Having shit over your bed is a no-no with those earthquakes.

i'd hafta say what an improvement. its really oraganized now, good job.

-edit- oh yeah, the rating, a 7. i just don't like where the tv is because i usually watch tv and play games at the same time.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']You get 9/10 for the screamin' comp setup and you already have Kill Bill on DVD. Rich bastard.[/quote]

Hey, I see Reservoir Dogs right next to it, so he probably got the 2 for $20 deal. Be nice :p

Oh by the way, very nice improvement. The TV might not be in a comfortable position but it sure as hell looks nice.

Wow that's a really nice setup I give it a 9/10 very nice ! I was thinking of posting my Gaming setup but after looking at yours I would be ashamed to post mine .

and you already have Kill Bill on DVD. Rich bastard

I was thinking the same thing .

Nice layout. It's a huge improvement over your original.

I was going to say something about some of your DVDs but then I saw the Die Hard collection, and you were forgiven.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']You get 9/10 for the screamin' comp setup and you already have Kill Bill on DVD. Rich bastard.[/quote]

not rich, just addicted to dvd's
i used $15 in reward zone coupons and payed $5.XX for both dvd's

daphatty: no, i'm in Missouri, no fear of earthquakes :lol:

jalu6: the videos that are mine are: Monster High, battle angel, Yokho devil hunter 2 & 3 and chopping mall. the rest were given to me during my ebay phase, they never sold so there they sit.

if you haven't seen monster high, go watch it. hilarious 80's cheap horror. it's a classic

[quote name='uesc']jalu6: the videos that are mine are: Monster High, battle angel, Yokho devil hunter 2 & 3 and chopping mall. the rest were given to me during my ebay phase, they never sold so there they sit.
[/quote]

fair enough then. that would also explain why I have a sealed copy of the Disney's Pocahontas Sdtrk in my CD collection.

[quote name='uesc']daphatty: no, i'm in Missouri, no fear of earthquakes :lol:
[/quote]

Not to spook you or anything, but the New Madrid Fault goes through SE Missouri. In 1811-1812 three magnitude 8.0+ earthquakes devastated the region. The quakes were so powerful they rang church bells in New England.

Seismologists estimate that there is a 90% probability of a magnitude 6.0 to 7.0 quake on this fault system before 2040. Because of the underlying geology of the Mississippi River Valley, large quakes here can affect as much as 20 times the land area of major quakes on the west coast.

More info:
http://neic.usgs.gov/neis/eq_depot/usa/1811-1812.html

Nice setup, by the way. :)

Looks: 10/10

Like the people above, I dont like how the TV is up so high. Are you still able to play Xbox? Even then, you're gonna have to buy a bunch of wireless controllers if you do want to.

But besides that, looks niiiiiice.

[quote name='defender']I was shocked to learn that you were gay.

here is the final prooft.

dick_dvd.jpg
[/quote]

I don't think a movie containing the hot as hell Christina Ricci makes you gay

I guess no one noticed the friends dvd's. These are -2 points. Other than that it just feels slihtly cramped and because of the height of the tv, multitasking is difficult. A 7/10, but inspires considerable jelousy.

yeah, the friends dvd was a fluke, i deserve the -2 for that.

and dick has michelle williams and kirsten dunst, not chirstinal ricci.

*reads kaws post*
*grabs duct tape*

i'm way far away from SE MO, i'm actually an hour west of saint louis, so a 7.0 would knock a few things over, but that would be about it

bread's done
Back