My poor uninformed friend.

discopenguin816

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I want to buy some things from him and he wants a lot more money than it's worth - especially to the great friend that i am :D .
This is what he's selling:

GCN- (all used and complete)
Soul Calibur 2
Metroid Prime
NBA Street 2
James Bond: Agent Under Fire
Tony Hawk 3
Tony Hawk 4
Capcom vs. SNK 2 EO

N64- (all instruction/box -less)
Tony Hawk
Ster Wars
Zelda Majoras Mask

He thinks he can get $100 for them at a garage sale!!!! :lol: What do you think is a fair price for these games???

i'd say around $40 because everyone loves $5 games!
so
7X5 for each gcn title is 35
eh mebe a few dollars for the n64 stuff

not sure how much he can get for "Ster Wars " lol XP

[quote name='jputahraptor']I think $40-50 is a fair price, probably closer to the 40 side.[/quote]

that looks about right.

the real question is why would you buy these games

10 or 15 bucks Soul Calibur 2
5 to ten bucks Metroid Prime
5 to ten bucks NBA Street 2
5 to 8 bucks James Bond: Agent Under Fire
5 bucks Tony Hawk 3
5 bucks Tony Hawk 4
5 bucks Capcom vs. SNK 2 EO

3Tony Hawk
3Ster Wars
5Zelda Majoras Mask

So he can probably get at least forty bucks...but there are lotsa suckers out there so he might be able to swing double that...therefore I voted for$100.00. Remember, people who go to garage sales aren't the most educated in the world of videogames...a soccer mom might plop down thirty bucks for three or four games that are only worth 5 bucks each...thinking she's getting a deal...

[quote name='mofo1115']i'd say around $40 because everyone loves $5 games!
so
7X5 for each gcn title is 35
eh mebe a few dollars for the n64 stuff

not sure how much he can get for "Ster Wars " lol XP[/quote]

yeah, this is what i told him but he just said "I can get a lot more."

GCN-
Soul Calibur 2 - $5
Metroid Prime - $4
NBA Street 2 - $5
James Bond: Agent Under Fire - $3.50
Tony Hawk 3 - $3
Tony Hawk 4 - $5
Capcom vs. SNK 2 EO - $6

N64-
Tony Hawk - $3
Star Wars - $2.50
Zelda Majoras Mask - $6

Just to be clear though, a fair price for these games and what he can get at a garage sale are two different things.
That being said, if he put that stuff on Ebay he could make about 60-70 bucks. Selling them at a garage sale he could easily get 5 bucks a piece, like mofo said parents will gladly drop 5 bucks on a game to shut their kids up sometimes so doing that he could probably make 50 at a garage sale. Fair price to you his friend, that depends on how good friends you are and if you actually want these games to play or are trying to pull a fast one and resell them.

[quote name='discopenguin816']I want to buy some things from him and he wants a lot more money than it's worth - especially to the great friend that i am :D .

Soul Calibur 2
Metroid Prime
NBA Street 2
Tony Hawk 3
Tony Hawk 4
Capcom vs. SNK 2 EO

Tony Hawk
Ster Wars
Zelda Majoras Mask

He thinks he can get $100 for them at a garage sale!!!! :lol: What do you think is a fair price for these games???[/quote]

[quote name='mofo1115']

not sure how much he can get for "Ster Wars " lol XP[/quote]
:rofl:

However on the serious side, I'd say he should probably be paying you to take them.

[quote name='icemanjmw13']Just to be clear though, a fair price for these games and what he can get at a garage sale are two different things.
That being said, if he put that stuff on Ebay he could make about 60-70 bucks. Selling them at a garage sale he could easily get 5 bucks a piece, like mofo said parents will gladly drop 5 bucks on a game to shut their kids up sometimes so doing that he could probably make 50 at a garage sale. Fair price to you his friend, that depends on how good friends you are and if you actually want these games to play or are trying to pull a fast one and resell them.

[quote name='discopenguin816']I want to buy some things from him and he wants a lot more money than it's worth - especially to the great friend that i am :D .

Soul Calibur 2
Metroid Prime
NBA Street 2
Tony Hawk 3
Tony Hawk 4
Capcom vs. SNK 2 EO

Tony Hawk
Ster Wars
Zelda Majoras Mask

He thinks he can get $100 for them at a garage sale!!!! :lol: What do you think is a fair price for these games???[/quote][/quote]

Nah, I genuinely want these games. Not enough to pay retail for - but I'd pay $5 each for most of the the GCN games

My experience in the past is that you can make good money selling games at a garage sale . . . I'd mark the GC games $10 and sell them for $8 each.

I bet he could make $60

Soul Calibur 2 - $10
Metroid Prime - $10
NBA Street 2 -$7
James Bond: Agent Under Fire -$5
Tony Hawk 3 - $5
Tony Hawk 4 - $5
Capcom vs. SNK 2 EO -$12

Tony Hawk - $3
Ster Wars - $2
Zelda Majoras Mask - $10

total - ~$69
ad in to account that its a bundle and there should be some sort of discount ~$60 seems fair

[quote name='DenisDFat']the only non-suck game is Manjina Mask[/quote]
Hey, you're the guy who "kicked the magazine rack off the counter." Can I have your autograph? :lol:

EDIT: Oh, and thanks for the input!

Garage/yard sales are not the best idea if he's trying to make money. People purposely come with all coins and few dollar bills because they are looking for dirt cheap prices. He's only ripping himself off. He's better off either keeping them or trading them. I would never sell videogames at a yard sale. But that's just me.

Wow. You're clever. You took a body part, and used it out of context and replaced a part of the game title with a spin on the word. That's really clever. What's next? A fart joke?

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='DenisDFat']the only non-suck game is Manjina Mask[/quote]
What's next?[/quote]

your mom.

[quote name='DenisDFat'][quote name='Scorch'][quote name='DenisDFat']the only non-suck game is Manjina Mask[/quote]
What's next?[/quote]

your mom.[/quote]

I really wouldnt be sad to see this guy go...he's a troll...I wish cheapy would just ban him already...

Perhaps you should go kick over a shelf of dictionaries.

[quote name='DenisDFat'][quote name='Scorch'][quote name='DenisDFat']the only non-suck game is Manjina Mask[/quote]
What's next?[/quote]

your mom.[/quote]

:roll:
[quote name='karmapolice620']
I really wouldnt be sad to see this guy go...he's a troll...I wish cheapy would just ban him already...[/quote]

i can't believe he's lasted over a year...

A booger is totally worth it.

...Capcom vs SNK 2 isn't that bad.
It's decent, but not $100.
Those Gamecube games will go for around $5 each, maybe you could squeeze them to $10 at a garage sale with some smooth talking :p
N64, worht nothing. But maybe Coach Z would like that copy of Ster Wars. :eek:

Go get a JORRRRBBBB :D

Had to go with the booger. Btw, I'll give him 2 boogers for all of it. Just let me see if I can dig some up. :oops:

[quote name='shadow9689']Is he selling Capcom vs SNK 2? How much alone?
How good is that game?[/quote]

yes but not to you. He offered them to me before he sold them at the garage sale. I don't think he'd like the idea.

He should probably list them on E-Bay. Have him buy the other zelda game for N64 for cheap, and sell them as "UBER RARE N64 GAMES BOTH ZELDA + GAMECUBE". Or, something like that. Its kinda hard to determine value, seeing as how you can get different amounts of money depending where you go. I'd say, judged on their condition, around $50, if hes lucky.

Of course, the question is, how much are they worth to you? Do you want all of them? I'd say, given the bundle and buddy-discount, maybe $60 for the lot (I'm kinda counting NBA Street and the Hawk games as almost-throwaways), but take note, there's no doubt he could get $100, selling them at a yard sale or something.

Majora is in there...get that at any cost. Absolutly, one of the all-time greats. Hauntingly beautiful...love that game.

[quote name='discopenguin816']hmmmm... the results are pretty spread out. maybe if I hadn't incuded booger as an option...[/quote]

Or a kagillion :lol: And you skipped 70 and 90.

$55 or $60 would be a fair offer, he wouldn't get more than that from a garage sale.

If people paid good money at garage sales, then I bet my top-loading NES would have been marked for more than 5 bucks. :wink:

bread's done
Back