My PS3 is beeping...

CheapAssChuck

CAG Veteran
Hey folks. So when I turn on my PS3 lately, it beeps 3 times and then the red light blinks continuously. I have to press the button again to stop it, then press it another time for my PS3 to actually boot up properly.

Is that weird? What's my PS3 trying to tell me here? Anyone else experience this issue or have some insight on this? Much appreciated.

dont be afraid of it beep right back that way you establish dominance. sounds like your ps3 may be on the verge of dying id suggest doing a backup of your saves asap if you havent already.

[quote name='lokizz']dont be afraid of it beep right back that way you establish dominance. sounds like your ps3 may be on the verge of dying id suggest doing a backup of your saves asap if you havent already.[/QUOTE]

:lol: LOL...

Sorry to hear about your problem Chuck :cry:, yeah, back up now, take all discs out of the machine, and pray your warranty is still good. (Just went through a YLOD in mid-Aug and yes it sucked)

Yikes, bad news, but thanks for the feedback.

I google'd the 3 beeps thing and it seems largely tied to YLOD. Weird thing is, people get the 3 beeps as they're playing and then it'll shut down. For me, it beeps on start up (as I press the 'on' button), but I can play just fine. My PS3 has never crashed on me or anything like that. I guess the beeps are meant as a warning?

[quote name='CheapAssChuck']Yikes, bad news, but thanks for the feedback.

I google'd the 3 beeps thing and it seems largely tied to YLOD. Weird thing is, people get the 3 beeps as they're playing and then it'll shut down. For me, it beeps on start up (as I press the 'on' button), but I can play just fine. My PS3 has never crashed on me or anything like that. I guess the beeps are meant as a warning?[/QUOTE]
My Phat 60 died while I played MW2 online, it gave 3 beeps and "shut down" in the middle of a few matches. I restarted and was fine for like a few days. One match later on made it give up the ghost and it never was able to boot back up afterwards, just the YLOD. Thankfully I was able to eject my disc but that's the only warning you get.

I hope you backed up some of your saves. You might want to buy a PS+ subscription to upload all of your saves because some of them will be tied to that broken console.

[quote name='CheapAssChuck']Yikes, bad news, but thanks for the feedback.

I google'd the 3 beeps thing and it seems largely tied to YLOD. Weird thing is, people get the 3 beeps as they're playing and then it'll shut down. For me, it beeps on start up (as I press the 'on' button), but I can play just fine. My PS3 has never crashed on me or anything like that. I guess the beeps are meant as a warning?[/QUOTE]

It's telling you that the system experienced an overheating issue and that you should be taking steps to get it repaired or serviced.

So as we've already mentioned, back up the saves (PS1/2 especially), get all discs out of the drive, and do a backup of the system. And from there, decide if you want to try doing an official fix from Sony making sure they repair and send back your system, or have someone local who has done a reflow or reball fix it for you and pray that it last long enough for how much you paid for it.

bread's done
Back