My road rage story for the day

Cracka

CAG Newbie
Here's my road rage story of the day, and its still pissing me off so i decided to post it.

I'm going back to my apartment from class and the main entrance is closed for construction so i drive to the side entrance which is only big enough for one car to fit through at a time. Theres a guy in his car in this entrance waiting to pull out of the apartments onto the road so i stop before the entrance to let him out. Instead of just pulling out this guy sits there in the entrance like he has no clue what to do, so i'm just sitting in the road waiting. (this probably lasted only 10 or 15 seconds so its not like i had been in the road long)

Next this girl pulls up behind me and instantly starts honking her horn over and over. She actually spent probably 1 or 2 seconds stopped behind me before she started honking. Since she happened to catch me on one of the few days that my window was rolled down, she got the finger.

She then decides since she's obviously right in this situation she's gonna pull up next to me and let me hear about it. So she pulls up next to me and says "What the fuck n*gga?!" and then starts driving off. Of course i didn't want to be rude and not reply so i politely informed her that "I can't pull in you stupid fucking bitch."

Meanwhile back at the entrance, this kid still hasn't figured out he needs to shit or get off the pot, so he's still chillin in the entrance watching. In his defense, at this point he couldn't really leave because the girl hand pulled into the oncoming traffic to yell at me and pass me.

Next a big f350 work truck pulls up behind me, and since he's a patient guy unlike the girl he sits behind me for about 2 seconds before yelling at me to "get the fuck out of the road".

And Entrance guy decides at this point he'll back up and let me pull into the apartments. "What a nice guy" you may be thinking. Oh no, as I pull into the apartments this guy has the balls to be glaring at me like I somehow fucked up here.

What amazes me the most is that this whole situation lasted probably less than 1 minute, yet i got yelled at twice, honked at, and glared at by the guy who caused the whole problem. If i had been sitting in the road for 5 to 10 minutes I can understand somebody getting pissed and start honking and yelling, but this girl starts honking the second he presses the breaks.

/rant

That's pretty funny.

I had the opposite situation yesterday, I was waiting for 40 min in traffic on a two lane parkway because two fucktards who crashed at the height of rush hour couldn't figure out they should pull their cars onto the side of the road instead of drooling on themselves while they took up an entire lane.

I would love a website where you could vent at these people.

Didn't happen to me, but I watched a Prick (BMW Z3) and bitch (Bug) duke it out in rush hour traffic.

The Prick was driving like 40 (at least it was the slow lane...) and the bitch was behind. She wasn't happy about the current situation so she sped up and got in front of the prick. The prick realized this was not cool so he sped up and pasted her up. Mean while they are coming up on traffic along with me in the area. They both try to weave though traffic in the slow lanes...

It's just fucking amazing...

I deal with retards on the road everyday. Shit sucks. Its mostly people from Mexico that fuck shit up. Dudes drive in oncoming traffic and honk at you as if you were driving on the wrong side of the road. Or they drive down a one way going the wrong way and wave their hands up in the air and yell at you for driving the right way. Use the turning lanes to pass and cause plenty of accidents. Use the shoulder lanes to pass or speed up in causing plenty of accidents. I hate nacionales.

It always sucks to get honked at by some roided-out a-hole behind you in a car, so this begs the question, "Would you have flipped your middle finger if it was some big guy instead of a girl?" If the answer is "No, I would not have", well in that case you're in the wrong.

failure to communicate.... was the guy stuck in the way had any turn signal.. did you bother to wave in forward.

Maybe just needed a little more coaxing.

Annoys me the most when no one uses the turn signal...

Yeah, I was giong to ask the same thing as fatherofcaitlyn.

If your signal wasn't on they may have thought you were just sitting there like a looney.

Ya know... in "some" situations a turn signal does squat... (especially when they have their left blinker on, but they move over to the right...)

[quote name='VipFREAK']Ya know... in "some" situations a turn signal does squat... (especially when they have their left blinker on, but they move over to the right...)[/QUOTE]

Use the turn signal.

If you get honked at, use your finger.

If they pull up to scream at you, smile and use your middle finger to point at your friend sitting on the dash.

^friend sitting on the dash... ?

If I have to do an emergency maneuver to avoid idiots I ain't bothering to signal I'm getting the hell out of there...

My roomate said the same thing about the turn signal, which i didn't use. But i honestly dont think it would've mattered because she was pretty much tailgating me up until the point that i stopped, and as soon as i stopped she was honking and yelling.

Also this isn't a heavily trafficked road, the only thing on this road is my apartment building and an apartment building next door so people are always stopped to turn here.

And like i said this whole situation took place in probably less than 1 minute so its not like i was just chilling in the middle of the road for several minutes. If i had been sitting there for several minutes then i could understand somebody getting frustrated and honking, but honking the second i stop is pretty ridiculous

Afterwards i did think the same thing about probably needing to just tell the guy to pull out. At the time i assumed he would realize since i was stopped and he was blocking the entire entrance that he needed to go, but apparently not.

[quote name='VipFREAK']^friend sitting on the dash... ?

If I have to do an emergency maneuver to avoid idiots I ain't bothering to signal I'm getting the hell out of there...[/QUOTE]

Our company pissed off a few ten thousand people locally a few years back. Some people tracked down one of our supervisors while he was in his car. When they started talking smack, he reached under his seat and set his handgun on his dash. They decided not to test his aim.

[quote name='Cracka']My roomate said the same thing about the turn signal, which i didn't use.[/QUOTE]

It does matter. How would anyone know or care that you are turning if it's not on?

Was the other guy's light blinking ?

I think I would have just ignored the two and fingered the guy in the lot instead. He is afterall the root of the problem.

I hate driving around here, especially in areas with lots of straight roads. People around here take speed signs as suggestions. They'll do whatever they need to in order to get around you, even if it means going 20mph over the limit. I've had people use the turning lane to go around me, guys on bikes seem to do this a lot, as they speed by at 70mph.

Honestly, you should have used your blinker here...you're just as much at fault. You communicated with no one, not the people behind you, not the guy blocking your path, no pointing or signal,...just nothing. I'd be pissed off if I was that girl too. There is a reason you should signal 100ft before you turn, its so people know what the heck you are doing. Yea, the guy blocking the entrance is at fault too, but when it comes down to it, if you can't communicate with other drivers, stay off the road!

So, you didn't have your signal on and these people are at fault for not knowing you weren't just parked in the road having a "personal moment"? And obviously Entrance guy should have divined your intentions based on proximity and telepathy. Hoookay.

You should've had your turn signal blinking, and maybe honking or waving at the moron blocking your path. As for the girl behind you, if she was tailgating you and started freaking out so quickly then it sounds like she's just dumb/crazy in the first place. Your mistake made things a bit worse.

It's sad, but you can't assume other drivers know what they're doing at all. People block driveways/entrances/roads all the time and often don't realize they're fucking up. One of the gas stations near my place technically has two sides with entrances, but because people constantly pull up past a stoplight and a white line, one entrance is blocked almost all the time. :bomb:

Driving tests need to be tougher.

1) i would love to have turned my blinker on 100ft ahead of time if the distance i had before turning had been that big. I was stopped at a stop sign, turned right and drove 20 feet ahead max before stopping. The 20 feet i drove ahead was down hill also which gave me probably 20 to 30 seconds after turning to have my blinker on, while trying to make sure the girl behind me who was tailgating me down the hill didnt ram my vehicle. I could've turned it on once i got stopped but then i had the girl honking at me and yelling as the guy blocking the entrance just sits there.

2)If you're pulling out of an establishment into traffic and the traffic stops with a large space for you to get out its pretty much understood that you are being let out. Sometimes you have to wave the person to let them know, but when the person that stopped is looking right at you and you're blocking the entire entrance its pretty obvious.

Let me ask you this question, if you're on a road which only leads to 2 places which are 2 apartment buildings, where cars frequently stop to turn, and the speed limit is 30 mph, and somebody stops at the entrance where everyone frequently stops and turns but doesn't turn on a signal, do you instantly go apeshit and start honking your horn and yelling within the first second that you stop?

If you take the psycho girl out of the whole situation I probably end up using my blinker because i'm not distracted and the guy blocking the entrance can actually leave because she's not driving around in the wrong lane stopping in front of him to yell. And thus we're both gone before the 3rd guy even gets there.

People suck, but always use your blinker and wave people out when you're letting them out.

People are idiots. Don't assume that what is obvious is obvious to them.

You were clearly in the wrong. You were right and I was with you on the whole story till I read you didn't use your blinker. Of course girl was close to you because she probably figured you were going straight and was going to speed up. When you slowed down and came to a stop without giving a blinker she was probably a bit pissed. As for dude not turning out, you didn't have a signal one so if he would have started turning out and you run into him, he's at fault. Without a signal he has no idea where your going or what the fuck your doing. Use your fucking signals and don't be a douche at people who honk at you for stopping in the middle of the road without any notice.

The only thing that pisses me off more than people who can't drive are people who bitch about the way other people drive when they are the ones in the wrong.

Got pissed from all the jerkoffs that seemed to enjoy riding 5 feet from my rear bumper so I installed this.
5000u.jpg

I just can't believe how impatient everyone is nowadays. People cussing, giving each other the finger, calm the fuck down everyone, you'll get where you need to be in a decent amount of time.

[quote name='mission42']You were clearly in the wrong. You were right and I was with you on the whole story till I read you didn't use your blinker. Of course girl was close to you because she probably figured you were going straight and was going to speed up. When you slowed down and came to a stop without giving a blinker she was probably a bit pissed. As for dude not turning out, you didn't have a signal one so if he would have started turning out and you run into him, he's at fault. Without a signal he has no idea where your going or what the fuck your doing. Use your fucking signals and don't be a douche at people who honk at you for stopping in the middle of the road without any notice.

The only thing that pisses me off more than people who can't drive are people who bitch about the way other people drive when they are the ones in the wrong.[/QUOTE]

I'm not denying i should've used my blinker. But then again the guy turning didnt have his blinker on and the girl behind me was tailgating.

I can fully understand somebody honking at me for stopping, thats not the issue here. If somebody just stops in front of me i might even honk the horn at them, granted i probably would atleast wait a few seconds to see what they were doing before honking. The issue is the fact that i stopped and the girl didnt just honk the horn she went apeshit on the horn honking over and over and over and over. Any way you look at it she over reacted. Do you think if i turned my blinker on she would instantly be soothed and just quietly sit there behind me? I think not. Either way you look at it she was road raging whether I was wrong about the blinker or not.

The other issue is the fact that the guy who sat there blocking the entrance the whole time looked at me as if i was an idiot for stopping to turn in. Considering we all 3 had our windows down and he undoubtedly heard me yelling at the girl that i couldn't turn in cause the jackass was blocking the entrance, you'd think he would then realize what my intentions were. But no he still just sat there in the entrance and in the end what did he do? Instead of pulling out and leaving he backs up and lets me pull in... which makes no damn sense.

So i'll pose the question again, should the girl have gone crazy and started repeatedly honking the horn over and over instantly when she stopped behind me?

Cracka, you were turning left, correct? The guy leaving the apartment complex was turning left as well? If so, even if the other guy was there first you had the right of way which means you need to go first. I've seen people actually cause accidents by trying to be nice and let someone go in situations like that.

EDIT: So the entrance/exit is made for only one car? Eh, sounds like there's blame enough for everybody.

[quote name='Cracka']

So i'll pose the question again, should the girl have gone crazy and started repeatedly honking the horn over and over instantly when she stopped behind me?[/QUOTE]

doesn't matter.

You failed to signal your intention about driving, could have easily ignored the person behind you.

If you were in an accident and had your defense on the "crazy bitch" behind you, you would lose still.

if you turned left, blinker, then were going to go right, you should have flipped your blinker the other way immediately, showing your intent to turn almost immediately.

It was road rage and everyone had a piece of it...

[quote name='spineynorman']That's why I live where there's no traffic.[/QUOTE]

Meh. I don't like traffic, but I'll never again live outside of a major city.

No traffic=not shit to do unless your an outdoorsy person or a stay at home person. Nothing wrong with either, but neither apply to me.

[quote name='docvinh']I just can't believe how impatient everyone is nowadays. People cussing, giving each other the finger, calm the fuck down everyone, you'll get where you need to be in a decent amount of time.[/QUOTE]

Really, I think this every single time I'm out driving. People seem to think it's worth it to take ridiculous risks just to pass you on the highway. They will save at most 1 second from their commute by getting exactly one carlength ahead of you, but it's still worth it, for some reason.

[quote name='_heretic']Really, I think this every single time I'm out driving. People seem to think it's worth it to take ridiculous risks just to pass you on the highway. They will save at most 1 second from their commute by getting exactly one carlength ahead of you, but it's still worth it, for some reason.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

People take driving "too seriously" (for lack of a better term). Why the fuck would you think weaving carelessly through traffic is worth it when you'll probably only take yourself about 30 seconds in the end? Then again, I've never ever seen the need to get so mad about driving to just give someone the finger or anything lame like that.

Well, there have been many times I've been stuck behind someone who was going slow and ended up getting stuck at one of the first couple of lights on my commute. One red light early enough in my commute can add 10 more minutes to the drive time due to not getting through multiple lights later in the drive. Many people drive slow with no consideration for the line of 7-8 cars behind them. Self-centered driving is applicable to both fast, aggressive drivers and slow, timid ones.

I like the assholes behind you in a hurry, so they pass you and you wind up at a red light anyway.

I never pass anyone. I get in the lane I need to turn from later and stay in it. I figure if you are weaving around between lanes you'll just wind up getting blocked out of the lane you need to be in when it's time to turn, this is what causes "asshole moments" on the road, the dickhead that has to drive all fancy and gets offended when people don't give them every courtesy. Anyone who wants to pass me, go right the fuck ahead. I'd rather they pass than ride my ass like I'm slowing them up, when I'm already going 10 over just to get some space between me and the fucktard behind me in case I have to slam on my breaks if a deer or stray infant runs out in the road.

I wish somebody would just invent teleporters. I hate driving.

[quote name='xycury']doesn't matter.

You failed to signal your intention about driving, could have easily ignored the person behind you.

If you were in an accident and had your defense on the "crazy bitch" behind you, you would lose still.

if you turned left, blinker, then were going to go right, you should have flipped your blinker the other way immediately, showing your intent to turn almost immediately.

It was road rage and everyone had a piece of it...[/QUOTE]

It matters when the purpose of the thread is to tell how the person over reacted. We've established that i was wrong by not signaling. The question is did she over react.

If the crazy bitch behind me runs into the back of my vehicle because she's speeding and tailgating then its not going to matter whether my blinker was on or not and i'd win that case every time, if you want to look at it like that. "No officer, see i hit him because i saw he was slowing down, but his blinker wasn't on so i assumed i wouldn't hit him"

[quote name='Cracka']It matters when the purpose of the thread is to tell how the person over reacted. We've established that i was wrong by not signaling. The question is did she over react.

If the crazy bitch behind me runs into the back of my vehicle because she's speeding and tailgating then its not going to matter whether my blinker was on or not and i'd win that case every time, if you want to look at it like that. "No officer, see i hit him because i saw he was slowing down, but his blinker wasn't on so i assumed i wouldn't hit him"[/QUOTE]

sure... now we'll move the attention away from you.

doesn't matter if she over did it. So did you, afterall, I'm sure that finger didn't give her warm fuzzies.

Like I said before, everyone in that story got road rage. everyone failed a little inside.

Yeah, not much need to show that she over did it. Anyone with road rage (including myself when I get it) over did it as there's no reason to act that way over driving.

[quote name='Cracka']Next this girl pulls up behind me and instantly starts honking her horn over and over. She actually spent probably 1 or 2 seconds stopped behind me before she started honking. Since she happened to catch me on one of the few days that my window was rolled down, she got the finger.
[/QUOTE]

She didn't over react first. She honked at you. Then you gave her the finger.
I can guarantee if you had your blinker on she wouldn't have honked 'cause she would have known why you were stopped.
Use your blinker! :shame:

[quote name='crunchb3rry']I like the assholes behind you in a hurry, so they pass you and you wind up at a red light anyway.

I never pass anyone. I get in the lane I need to turn from later and stay in it. I figure if you are weaving around between lanes you'll just wind up getting blocked out of the lane you need to be in when it's time to turn, this is what causes "asshole moments" on the road, the dickhead that has to drive all fancy and gets offended when people don't give them every courtesy. Anyone who wants to pass me, go right the fuck ahead. I'd rather they pass than ride my ass like I'm slowing them up, when I'm already going 10 over just to get some space between me and the fucktard behind me in case I have to slam on my breaks if a deer or stray infant runs out in the road.

I wish somebody would just invent teleporters. I hate driving.[/QUOTE]

I agreed with everything you said except when you wrote,
I get in the lane I need to turn from later and stay in it.
There is nothing wrong with driving a little slow, so long as you are in the right lane. If you are driving in the left lane because you have a turn to make in 5 miles, and everyone is flying by you on the right, then you are absolutely wrong. You are a danger on the road by disrupting the flow of traffic and causing people to pass you on the right. A slow driver in the left lane is just as much a danger as the extreme speeders weaving through traffic. Be a saint, and stay in the right lane if you want to cruise.

And to the OP, no blinker = your fault. I read all the posts, and I don't think this thing would have escalated had you turned on your blinker. You're wrong in this one.

Whether they're assholes or not, you should move to the right lane as soon as it's safe to do so instead of forcing them to pass on the right. You are aware the law states that slower traffic keep right? It doesn't matter if you're going 20 miles over the speed limit; you should still move to the right for someone who wants to go even faster. Let the police deal with those assholes. The left lane is considered the passing lane. If someone is going faster than you, you are required by law to yield that lane to them. Just like speeders are breaking the law, so are people who camp in the left lane and refuse to move out of the way (no matter what speed they're going).

I tend to drive 10 mph faster than the speed limit, which is faster than most. If I'm in the left lane and I see someone approaching in my rear-view, I always yield the left lane to them just as I expect slower traffic in front of me to yield to me. I'm not the police, so it's not my job to regulate the road. Besides, it safer to just let them be on their way instead of causing road rage by blocking them. And, I'll repeat, it's also the law.

fuck you for speeding, i have to deal with people like you every damn day. I hope the police stop you and you're fined. Speed limits are called limits for a reason you twit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your riding my ass about not using a blinker for once in my life, then your gonna mention you always drive 10 mph over the limit? gtfo

You should have used your blinker. End of story. Because you didn't, these people had no fucking clue what you were doing, and thus you were at fault for them stalling (the first guy) and bitching (the other two people behind you).

I'm not riding your ass about failing to use a blinker. I merely mentioned that you were at fault in this particular case. As for my speeding, I am comfortable driving at the speed I do, and apparently the police are fine with it also. There are countless times that I've been driving my 10+ in the right lane because some other guy wants to go even faster, only to see him slam on his brakes because of a cop. I continue moving along at my 10+ speed, and the cop doesn't bat an eye at me.

I've spoken with quite a few cops and an attorney about this, and the police will not bother you for driving 10 over the limit so long as you aren't pulling dangerous manuevers. I always use my blinkers, make full stops at stop signs, never weave, very rarely answer my cell phone in the car, and rarely tailgate (only to inconsiderate slow drivers in the left lane; this is tongue in cheek, fellas, don't get upset). I am a safer driver than most. Speeding is not necessarily dangerous. It is when there are vast differences between 2 drivers on the road.

If the speed limit is 55, and I am going 65, you are going 55 and were both paying attention to what the hell we're doing, no danger at all. If I am going 85 and you are going 55, then we have a problem, just like we'd have a problem if I was going 55 and you were going 25. I am completely aware of my surroundings while I'm driving.

JolietJake, you don't have to deal with me unless you are hassling the rest of the faster drivers by camping in the left lane. Had you been driving faster than me and I was in front of you, I'd yield to you. Why is it so hard to be considerate of your fellow drivers and yield to faster traffic? That's the thing that always confuses me about those who admit that they refuse to yield the left lane to faster drivers because they feel speeding is bad.

First off, my speeding won't harm anyone but myself if I get a ticket. So long as I don't do jackass shit to you, like cutting you off or tailgating you, how does it affect you? If it's safe, yield to the right and let me be on my way. Second, these people come off as a sticklers to the law by preaching that we must all follow the speed limit. If the law is that dear to you, follow all of them. Don't just pick and choose which ones you'll follow. It is also a law that slower traffic must keep right. Well, do that, why don't you? Why does my speeding bother these people so much? I don't pay them any mind unless they illegally block the left lane. They should just ignore me like I do them, and let me be on my way. Let's just all get along.

[quote name='Cracka']Your riding my ass about not using a blinker for once in my life, then your gonna mention you always drive 10 mph over the limit? gtfo[/QUOTE]

The guy still has a point though. The right lane is the slow lane, the left is the passing lane. Someone going faster than you, you should get over, let them pass and re-enter the lane.

As for you, learn to use your damn signal. People like you cause accidents.

bread's done
Back