My turn for $$!

[quote name='jmcc']Pre-emptive OTTery? Shenanigans![/quote]

I live dangerously.

But, more importantly, I just wanted to share the news that I get to run my own little video game store mecha now. It's all under my power. mwahaha...;)

I see that the title bothers the current social order tho.

[quote name='Strell']I have already won the current OTT, but it is still open.[/quote]

Yeah, but it smells funny. And it's full of mean people.
And perverts. That smell funny. And scare young children.

[quote name='Trakan']Take out the OTT and it's just a thread about her promotion. Problem solved.[/quote]

Yeah, sorry, my bad.
When did the "off-topic" sector get so many rules?
/sigh

:(

[quote name='Kayden']*gasp*

There was a TK party and no one invited me!?

:cry:[/quote]

Nope.
Boss thought that might be a bad idea. :D

[quote name='tauruskatt']Yeah, sorry, my bad.
When did the "off-topic" sector get so many rules?
/sigh

:([/quote]

Nah, it's no problem. Everybody is making too big a deal about it, when it's really not.

[quote name='Trakan']Nah, it's no problem. Everybody is making too big a deal about it, when it's really not.[/quote]

Are they really? I figured that was all just a bunch of jokes.
Especially given the suggestion in that OTT to end it right there after the joke at the expense of redvsblue.

It was rather coincidental timing, it was.

[quote name='zewone']Where do you work?[/quote]

I think there was mention of a game store mecha in the OP but I think it got edited.

[quote name='Trakan']Nah, it's no problem. Everybody is making too big a deal about it, when it's really not.[/quote]

well that's good to hear, thnx for the smoothing over (& retitling). :applause:

heh, it was kind of odd timing. but go figure, rules on a (mostly)un-ruled section of the site. And they're self-imposed!! I wonder if this is a sign that we are all deep down creatures of habit with a human need for order and predictability and consequence??

hrm, or maybe I just abandoned the pecking order for too long, lol. =P

zewone: @ a Gamestop

[quote name='Kayden']*gasp*

There was a TK party and no one invited me!?

:cry:[/quote]

lol, i figured you would follow quickly regardless. :lol:

but actually, it is pretty nice, because i was really really close to quitting and moving on because it was taking so loooong. I was working way to hard to just be an asst.. And I was getting recuited and interviewed for another co. that was going to make an offer on monday that I probably would have taken, even if it meant not working with games anymore. not that if my main goal was to make money that's where i'd stay, i just really like the job. And now I get paid for it. Moreso. And I'll get more free stuff. which is always cool.

And I get to be a smaller management percentage of the 18% perentage of female employees...oh well, things can't stay that skewed forever! (at least I don't have to deal with many catty females, only catty males)

For some reason, when it comes to making money for someone else, I avoid any positions higher than "peon"...

I guess that I commend you for taking a management position. At the same time, I feel a little bad for you... in my unfortunate trips to video game stores, I've always seen a mealy-mouthed, anti-social recluse hitting on any female worker behind the counter. I could only imagine that Hell it would be to be within the realm of disturbingly nerdy man.

Now that you have a higher positions, man's secret desire to be dominated will leak through their braced teeth and beam on their freckled cheeks.

Thnx subbie, lulu, and everyone else. ^_^

To answer the question, 3 yrs, 2 in mngt. Although it seems like forever and a lot longer then that, but i guess from an outsider's perspective that's relatively fast.

[quote name='zionoverfire']Cool, life gets really neat once that first $$ check comes.[/quote]

Yeah, I can't wait, I'm still stewing in student loan mire...
*And* I already am in the midst of planning a road trip with some friends to Micro Center to get some pieces and build a new pc (there isn't one close to where I live and it will be more fun in a group then ordering online.)

[quote name='Brak']
Now that you have a higher position, man's secret desire to be dominated will leak through their braced teeth and beam on their freckled cheeks.[/quote]

So good I have to quote it. :rofl:

~katt

[quote name='tauruskatt']Thnx subbie, lulu, and everyone else. ^_^
[/quote]

:cry:

My heart is irreparably broken.

[quote name='tauruskatt']Thnx subbie, lulu, and everyone else. ^_^

To answer the question, 3 yrs, 2 in mngt. Although it seems like forever and a lot longer then that, but i guess from an outsider's perspective that's relatively fast.

Yeah, I can't wait, I'm still stewing in student loan mire...
*And* I already am in the midst of planning a road trip with some friends to Micro Center to get some pieces and build a new pc (there isn't one close to where I live and it will be more fun in a group then ordering online.)

So good I have to quote it. :rofl:

~katt[/quote]

That's good. I wasn't offered a promotion until after six years and that was only a counter-offer after I gave my resignation. And I can still relate to the student loan situation as well.

[quote name='Kayden']:cry:

My heart is irreparably broken.[/quote]

Don't be sad. You never had a chance. TK likes the swarthy types with long flowing brown hair and underage proclivities. :lol:

[quote name='jaykrue']Don't be sad. You never had a chance. TK likes the swarthy types with long flowing brown hair and underage proclivities. :lol:[/quote]

I've got ... some of those attributes. :oops:

[quote name='Kayden']I've got ... some of those attributes. :oops:[/quote]

Aw. Poor Kayden.
He's questioning himself now, looking up to subbie? That's just wrong.

[quote name='Kayden']I've got ... some of those attributes. :oops:[/QUOTE]Head hair, though.

bread's done
Back