My TV score today from CC

Eric467

CAGiversary!
Last night my nearly ten year old TV decided it was time to die, so checked the local ads for some deals. Considering I am cheap, and am not wealthy by any means, decided against an HDTV. The tv that died was a 27", so I just decided for the moment to pick up something a bit bigger. Got an ESA brand (no clue what the hell brand that is) 32" tv for $229 ($70 off regular price). Then I added my gift cards for $165. Paid $113, plus I get a $30 rebate too. So total I ended up is around $80 for a 32".

You think I got a good deal? (Please don't flame over "shitty brand" or "it's not LCD", I'm not rich, but I needed a functional new tv until years down the road when I do get a really nice one).

Boy that's a shitty brand and I can't believe you didn't get an LCD screen but otherwise I guess it's a good deal...

Pretty good deal. You could have prob gotten a cheaper one on Black Friday without using the Giftcard. But great deal non the less. Enjoy your new 32!

Did they have it on display? How was the quality then, how's the quality now that you're actually using it?

[quote name='A7las']Did they have it on display? How was the quality then, how's the quality now that you're actually using it?[/quote]

Yeah it was on display and the quality was fine.

And about BF, I'm going to check to see if there's any cheaper deal for it around and then get CC to price match the cheaper price.

The price was good, but I guess you won't know if it was truly a good deal until it lasts you a while

[quote name='TomCloud9']Good deal, no matter how crappy it always has a warranty.[/quote]

Dealing with a warranty isn't always a pleasant experience though, since some companies are assholes about fixing their things

[quote name='opportunity777']I think at $80 and you are flat broke you don't really care about quality as much as does the damn thing play my games?[/quote]

Yep plays everything. I use a switch box anyways to switch between PS2, XBox, DVD and VCR, so all I needed was RCA inputs, and it has two sets.

[quote name='Rodego'][quote name='TomCloud9']Good deal, no matter how crappy it always has a warranty.[/quote]

Dealing with a warranty isn't always a pleasant experience though, since some companies are assholes about fixing their things[/quote]

Thats true but CC has the no hassle returns. LOL

[quote name='Eric467'][quote name='A7las']Did they have it on display? How was the quality then, how's the quality now that you're actually using it?[/quote]

Yeah it was on display and the quality was fine.

And about BF, I'm going to check to see if there's any cheaper deal for it around and then get CC to price match the cheaper price.[/quote]

Nice, I shouldn't have underestimated your cheapness.

[quote name='bignick']As long as hit has a couple of composite inputs and a couple of svideo inputs, you are good to go.[/quote]

It does. I don't have much use for them right now but if I need them in the future I'm ready.

[quote name='Eric467']Got an ESA brand (no clue what the hell brand that is) 32" tv for $229 ($70 off regular price). Then I added my gift cards for $165. Paid $113, plus I get a $30 rebate too. So total I ended up is around $80 for a 32".
[/quote]

I am confused. It looks like you wrote that you used $165 worth of gift cards, but then the price would have been much lower.

[quote name='Eric467'][quote name='bignick']As long as hit has a couple of composite inputs and a couple of svideo inputs, you are good to go.[/quote]

It does. I don't have much use for them right now but if I need them in the future I'm ready.[/quote]

Switch your game systems to either of those, and you will notice the difference.

[quote name='guessed'][quote name='Eric467'][quote name='bignick']As long as hit has a couple of composite inputs and a couple of svideo inputs, you are good to go.[/quote]

It does. I don't have much use for them right now but if I need them in the future I'm ready.[/quote]

Switch your game systems to either of those, and you will notice the difference.[/quote]

How much a difference? A litte better quality or a lot better?

[quote name='Eric467'][quote name='guessed'][quote name='Eric467'][quote name='bignick']As long as hit has a couple of composite inputs and a couple of svideo inputs, you are good to go.[/quote]

Switch your game systems to either of those, and you will notice the difference.[/quote]

How much a difference? A litte better quality or a lot better?[/quote]

I'll tell you after you answer my question 2 posts above yours.

composite it the yellow read a nd white cables, standard hook ups. Svdieo is better. and you wont see much of a differnece with component cables.

[quote name='Eric467']^ $229 price
$150 and $15 giftcards
$30 rebate

Damn. I can't do math. That comes out to $34![/quote]

Much better, although you left out tax. :)

Unless of course you're running in progressive scan. But I digress since he doesn't have an HDTV...nor does he have component inputs for that matter.

bread's done
Back