My vita arrived

That's awesome I can't wait for mine. Sucks that the browser but it's OK since my phone has a good browser. I want to know how the sound quality is with headphones cause I remember that my PSP 1000 had a really low sound with headphones. Another question is what do you think about the rear touch pad and does it get it in the way of you holding the system comfortably?

rear touchpad hasn't been a problem. I think once or twice while playing little deviants when I was doing that rolling game where you push up my other hand accidentally pushed on the other side but nothing terrible. I just listened to a song with headphones and the volume seemed pretty darn loud with the headphones that came with my iphone 4s (which I also got today, big gadget day).

[quote name='majorscud']rear touchpad hasn't been a problem. I think once or twice while playing little deviants when I was doing that rolling game where you push up my other hand accidentally pushed on the other side but nothing terrible. I just listened to a song with headphones and the volume seemed pretty darn loud with the headphones that came with my iphone 4s (which I also got today, big gadget day).[/QUOTE]

That's great. Is the OLED great as everyone says its? How about the size of the Vita? Would you say its portable? Another thing I wanted to know is by any chance does the Vita have gorilla glass?

no gorilla glass unfortunately. The OLED is pretty amazing to look at, but glare can be an issue. I was playing uncharted and was in a dark room and I had to go into a dark room myself to see my objective clearly (I'm thinking of getting a matte screen protector). It's a big portable, but not unmanagable. I ran into walmart today and had my hands full so I stuffed it in my jeans pocket. I might not be the best judge though because I used to lug around a Sega Nomad.

just a 4gb memory card. I've got a 32gb preordered for US launch, but I didn't want to pay import prices for one now. That will also give me a 4gb card I can leave with my HK account for HK demos and stuff (or I can format it for JP) without touching my big US account memory card.

I'm totally getting a hard case and screen protector as soon as I can though. I have a feeling this screen is going to be a scratch magnet.

how much did it cost shipping wise from japan? just curious it's a month away so i'm not going to import it but am still curious fo future sony consoles

I paid $420 US for a wifi system with 4gb card and uncharted
That price included free expedited shipping. Left Taiwan fri I had it mon.

[quote name='majorscud']I paid $420 US for a wifi system with 4gb card and uncharted
That price included free expedited shipping. Left Taiwan fri I had it mon.[/QUOTE]
so about a $50 premium to get everything early not horrible. if it was like 3 months away i would consider but not when it's less than a month away. if you don't mind me asking what website you used for future reference. nvm my math sucks it's $100 over msrp.

I have questions but i don't believe you can answer them because you can't link it to your US PSN acct. But i'll ask anyway, are you able to play psn titles such as Pac-Man CE DX, Outland, Dead Nation, Tetris, ect. I am having serious second thoughts about my pre-order. TYIA

[quote name='Thrice5']I have questions but i don't believe you can answer them because you can't link it to your US PSN acct. But i'll ask anyway, are you able to play psn titles such as Pac-Man CE DX, Outland, Dead Nation, Tetris, ect. I am having serious second thoughts about my pre-order. TYIA[/QUOTE]

In the HK psn store only vita and pap games are available

[quote name='el swordo']so about a $50 premium to get everything early not horrible. if it was like 3 months away i would consider but not when it's less than a month away. if you don't mind me asking what website you used for future reference. nvm my math sucks it's $100 over msrp.[/QUOTE]

I didnt get it from a store. Had someone send it. I figured after tax it was an $80 premium.

[quote name='Thrice5']You know if they will be playable upon release in the U.S.? TYIA[/QUOTE]

Sony hasn't said if I recall. I know ps1 games don't work yet. Some pap games don't work too.

[quote name='Thrice5']I have questions but i don't believe you can answer them because you can't link it to your US PSN acct. But i'll ask anyway, are you able to play psn titles such as Pac-Man CE DX, Outland, Dead Nation, Tetris, ect. I am having serious second thoughts about my pre-order. TYIA[/QUOTE]

Those are PS3 PSN games, and they will not work

I thought that was planned, but i never saw anything about it being true. Will we ever be able to do something like that? I know its powerful enough to run those games, so why the hell not? If they didn't implement this capability Sony truly missed the mark on building this machine, and there is no doubt in my mind that i will be canceling my pre-order for sure.... This is an incredibly disappointing fact that i hope they fix.... why would they create such a powerful machine and limit it so much?? Very very very upset with Sony ATM...

Last edited by a moderator:
If Sony was smart they would Have ps2 game downloadable, and let us play psn games that are on the ps3. If they did that they just might have a chance to beat the 3ds in sales. Either way I'll probably end up with both handhelds anyway. :/

[quote name='Thrice5']You know if they will be playable upon release in the U.S.? TYIA[/QUOTE]

I listen to another podcast(PSNation podcast) and I am friends with him on facebook. He hooked his memory card to his US PSN and it works fine and this weekend I got facebook updates including Ridge Racer and Uncharted from his Vita.

I'm excited that in 22 days I'll have my Vita.

Did you do any trophy synchronization? Is it "slow" like the PS3? I played the demo units at Vita Hill, no trophies for demos.

How's the picture quality? Another thing I couldn't test at the Vita Hill event... Thanks in advance.

[quote name='davidb69']I listen to another podcast(PSNation podcast) and I am friends with him on facebook. He hooked his memory card to his US PSN and it works fine and this weekend I got facebook updates including Ridge Racer and Uncharted from his Vita.

I'm excited that in 22 days I'll have my Vita.[/QUOTE]

Ya I've tied my Vita to my facebook so it sends out comments on my trophys. You can tie your unit to the US PSN account, but the PSN store in the US isn't up yet, so doing it will give you trophies but you cant download any demos or anything.

[quote name='Serpentor']Did you do any trophy synchronization? Is it "slow" like the PS3? I played the demo units at Vita Hill, no trophies for demos.

How's the picture quality? Another thing I couldn't test at the Vita Hill event... Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

The cameras on this thing are awful. Honestly the 3DS takes a slightly better looking picture, but that might just be because you seeing it on a lower resolution and smaller screen. Trophy sync is still slow :(

[quote name='davidb69']I listen to another podcast(PSNation podcast) and I am friends with him on facebook. He hooked his memory card to his US PSN and it works fine and this weekend I got facebook updates including Ridge Racer and Uncharted from his Vita.

I'm excited that in 22 days I'll have my Vita.[/QUOTE]

Now my head just exploded... If we are going to be capable of playing games like Outland and Pac-Man CE DX i will be all over it and keep my pre-order. But from what i've been reading around the internet it seems like they would have to make ports of the same game. And from what i've been reading, it sounds to me like it is more likely that the game companies make a completely new game instead of porting it to the Vita. I wish i could grab a dude from sony and hold him hostage till he reveals everything i want to know about the Vita.....

[quote name='JG5253']Another thing I forgot to ask was do mini games work on the Vita? TYIA[/QUOTE]

The HK store doesn't list minis so I'll say not yet.

1.) How does the console feel overall? Cheap and plastic-like, or like a quality product?

2.) When playing, do your hands/palms cover the speakers at all? Every picture I see it seems like my hands would cover the speakers.

3.) How responsive is are the touch screens as a whole?

4.) Is it comfortable to play/hold?

5.) Do you enjoy Little Deviants?

Thank you!

[quote name='Pck21']1.) How does the console feel overall? Cheap and plastic-like, or like a quality product?

2.) When playing, do your hands/palms cover the speakers at all? Every picture I see it seems like my hands would cover the speakers.

3.) How responsive is are the touch screens as a whole?

4.) Is it comfortable to play/hold?

5.) Do you enjoy Little Deviants?

Thank you![/QUOTE]

1: Overall it feels like you need to be very careful with it. There is a lot of glass (front surface and rear touchpad) which could easily get scratched or cracked. I'm deathly afraid of dropping my Vita so I baby it while I wait to get a case and screen protectors. I've attached a wii strap to it so I don't drop it while holding it for now.

2: I've never had an issue covering the speakers with my hands, and I have big hands.

3: touch screen is a little less responsive than the iphone 4s, but that could just be the web browser being crappy. I usually have to zoom in on buttons to push them in the browser on the vita but not on my iphone.

4: the little grooves your fingers are supposed to go in on the back to avoid touching the touchpad are in a really uncomfortable place. my fingers naturally rest on the touch screen. It really hasn't negatively effected me in any games or anything so far. I'll say it is much more comfortable to hold and play a vita game than an iphone game and I'm less worried about the vita slipping out of my hand to its doom.

5: Little deviants is fun. The marble madness type min-game with the rear touch screen is pretty good, but it is the type of thing you can stand for maybe 5-10 minutes then you wont want to play it anymore until the next time the mood hits you. The shooting game is like face raiders on 3ds except for some reason I find the vita tends to throw enemies out a little more sparsely so your twisting around a lot more. If you like face raiders on 3ds you'll like this mini game.

Can you see if the ps vita would fit in a psp slip-in case? I wonder since the original psp came with a case and it was bulky, so i think it would fit a psvita

I have the case that came with my camo PSP and the vita doesn't fit inside it. The vita is much wider than a psp and the analog sticks poke out.

looks like gamestop has posted up pics of other ps vita cases by pdp and madcatz. which r you thinking of getting?

[quote name='FuzTurtle']looks like gamestop has posted up pics of other ps vita cases by pdp and madcatz. which r you thinking of getting?[/QUOTE]

I'm getting a hori hard case and screen protector. I always go with hori for my portable accessories when I can.

[quote name='majorscud']1: Overall it feels like you need to be very careful with it. There is a lot of glass (front surface and rear touchpad) which could easily get scratched or cracked. I'm deathly afraid of dropping my Vita so I baby it while I wait to get a case and screen protectors. I've attached a wii strap to it so I don't drop it while holding it for now.

2: I've never had an issue covering the speakers with my hands, and I have big hands.

3: touch screen is a little less responsive than the iphone 4s, but that could just be the web browser being crappy. I usually have to zoom in on buttons to push them in the browser on the vita but not on my iphone.

4: the little grooves your fingers are supposed to go in on the back to avoid touching the touchpad are in a really uncomfortable place. my fingers naturally rest on the touch screen. It really hasn't negatively effected me in any games or anything so far. I'll say it is much more comfortable to hold and play a vita game than an iphone game and I'm less worried about the vita slipping out of my hand to its doom.

5: Little deviants is fun. The marble madness type min-game with the rear touch screen is pretty good, but it is the type of thing you can stand for maybe 5-10 minutes then you wont want to play it anymore until the next time the mood hits you. The shooting game is like face raiders on 3ds except for some reason I find the vita tends to throw enemies out a little more sparsely so your twisting around a lot more. If you like face raiders on 3ds you'll like this mini game.[/QUOTE]

Thanks dude! I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions. I know there was a lot of them!

[quote name='Pck21']How are the load times for games, like from start up to playing?[/QUOTE]

They can be on the longish side. The demo for wipeout 2048 has a really long load time before you can race. I would say better than PSP games but not as good as the average 3DS game.

[quote name='majorscud']They can be on the longish side. The demo for wipeout 2048 has a really long load time before you can race. I would say better than PSP games but not as good as the average 3DS game.[/QUOTE]

That's a bit of surprise. I have the original PSP, and the load times are atrocious on that thing, especially when playing MLB: The Show. You would think that the removal of the UMD in the process would have helped...darn! Thanks!

bread's done
Back