My weekend flea market score....

daikaiju

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
The Atari god was smiling on me this weekend...

all for the Atari 2600

Ghostbusters w/ instructions $1
Flash Gordon w/ instructions $1

not bad...but then it got even better...
beautiful boxed complete and in MINTY shape...
all 3 for $1...

Yars Revenge - *meh*
Private Eye - *!*
London Blast - * !!!!!!!! *
These games still had the shrinkwrap on them!!!

and also - The Joyboard for the 2600 - complete, boxed, and minty - $2 !!

For those not as familiar with some of this older stuff - it's all fairly uncommon (with the exception of Yars Revenge) - however London Blast is ultra rare - especially COMPLETE and in this condition.

Dare I say... w00t!

[quote name='cmdryuk']congrats! nice find indeed... i oughta start checking out flea markets too :p[/quote]

Ditto...amazing what you can find at some of these places.

BTW, great haul.

nice find my flea market around me has this kid that sells video games. they are all expsensive like 5 dollars more then the gamestop prices

I might as well ask it: where is this mystical flea market located?

All the flea markets around me are just shills for the local video game stores with their fingers on the ebay pulse when it comes to pricing games.

ps. If you don't want to reveal where your FM is, that's cool. Why invite anyone else to piss in your pool? I completely understand.

There is a videogame retailer guy at my fleamarket and hell go around and buy all the good stuff from the other people selling it cheap before I would get to it most the time, then hed sell it right back at his own stand. I remember he was trying to get FF2 real cheap off a lady one time and someone told her that it was worth good money and it was funny.

I went to a few garage sales last weekend, all I found was a used PS2 with 5 launch games all open, no box with the PS2 for $200 firm, a SSBM for gamecube for $20 firm and yeah, that's it. People I guess around here don't understand what a garage sale means.

[quote name='scsg75']I went to a few garage sales last weekend, all I found was a used PS2 with 5 launch games all open, no box with the PS2 for $200 firm, a SSBM for gamecube for $20 firm and yeah, that's it. People I guess around here don't understand what a garage sale means.[/quote]

Yeah, some people confuse "garage sale" with "refund sale".

I live about 30 miles outside of Pittsburgh...and have 2 Flea Markets within 10 minutes of my house every Sunday. Both fleas are of average size - usually 50 vendors or so. One of the fleas is in a paved lot, and tends to be less of a hotbed for good deals although I've scored some nice stuff there - the other flea is held at an old drive in theatre. You stomp through the grass and dirt looking at stuff, and it tends to bring out the "basement dwellers" which is a fantastic thing for a flea. Lots of farmers and "one timers" at this one and it often yields me some great finds. I've scored some super deals at this flea over the years...One of my best scores ever at this flea was an old Tomy Tutor computer/videogame system complete in the box with extra controllers, and an almost complete collection of games - all boxed and absolutely cherry - $2. Thankfully this flea hasn't been destroyed by antique resellers and vendors of new crap - maybe because of it's location and size. There is one semi-regular vendor there whom I've befriended who is a game reseller, and I often have to get there early enough to beat him out on some of the deals. Thankfully he isn't always there, and honestly isn't quite as knowledgable as he thinks he is. :twisted:

bread's done
Back