My weight is very messed up

davo1224

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
So I've been binge eating some really unhealthy stuff lately and eating nothing healthy, and I've actually LOST 10 lbs. from when I felt I was eating better. I know I should be thankful but it just worries me. I'm down about 125 lbs. since my maximum weight only two years ago.

[quote name='davo1224']So I've been binge eating some really unhealthy stuff lately and eating nothing healthy, and I've actually LOST 10 lbs. from when I felt I was eating better. I know I should be thankful but it just worries me. I'm down about 125 lbs. since my maximum weight only two years ago.[/QUOTE]
You've got AIDS. Beast-Man AIDS.

I don't have enough information from what you posted, but a few years back, one of my best friends was in the same situation. He was eating and eating non stop and instead of gaining weight he lost weight. I believe he went from around 155lbs to 125lbs in a little over a year. After getting checked out, they found he had developed diabetes. If you continue to lose weight and you don't feel right about your weight, I'd recommend getting checked at your local doctor. Again, I don't have all the information, but it sounds eerily similar to what happened to my friend.

I think your body might be getting rid of the good food in your system while getting rid of the bad food. Just a guess, I have no real clue.

However March-April I weighed 205 pounds give or take, in July I weighed 183, and then 173 in August when I was sick. So 10 pounds in 2 years is nothing.

[quote name='davo1224']I'm down about 125 lbs.[/quote]

You lost 10 lbs less than my entire body weight...

So glad I don't have to worry about weight problems. I eat like a fucking pig and I never gain a pound. My metabolism is insane, considering I eat more than any single person should eat, and yet I'm somehow still 25 lbs underweight.

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']You lost 10 lbs less than my entire body weight...

So glad I don't have to worry about weight problems. I eat like a fucking pig and I never gain a pound. My metabolism is insane, considering I eat more than any single person should eat, and yet I'm somehow still 25 lbs underweight.[/quote]

I was like that until I was about 23. It's been depressing ever since.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']I was like that until I was about 23. It's been depressing ever since.[/quote]

Everyone keeps telling me that once I reach my mid-twenties, I'll be fucked. Everyone always told my dad the same thing when he was younger, and it never happened to him. I obviously inherited this from him, so I'm holding firm to the belief that it wont happen to me either ;)

If you're really concerned about diabetes, ask someone else what your breath smells like. If they say alcohol, you could have a problem. That would almost be a guarantee :/ but still, get tested.

So glad I don't have to worry about weight problems. I eat like a fucking pig and I never gain a pound. My metabolism is insane, considering I eat more than any single person should eat, and yet I'm somehow still 25 lbs underweight.[/quote]

Gross. How tall are you? 135 means you are either crazy short or really really, deathly skinny.

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']
So glad I don't have to worry about weight problems. I eat like a fucking pig and I never gain a pound. My metabolism is insane, considering I eat more than any single person should eat, and yet I'm somehow still 25 lbs underweight.[/QUOTE]

Same thing with me, though not as much underweight. I enjoy it very much, though, it's gonna suck when it all catches up when I get older.

[quote name='Layziebones']Gross. How tall are you? 135 means you are either crazy short or really really, deathly skinny.[/QUOTE]

Picture Jimmy 'JJ' Walker in his 'Good Times' days. He was 6'2" and 130 pounds back then.

[quote name='Layziebones']Gross. How tall are you? 135 means you are either crazy short or really really, deathly skinny.[/quote]

Scratch that. Just remembered I'm actually closer to 150 lbs now. I don't have a scale, so the information I've given has been based on doctors visits alone. I got my last two mixed up.

And yeah, I'm 6ft even and scrawny as fuck ;)

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']Everyone keeps telling me that once I reach my mid-twenties, I'll be fucked. Everyone always told my dad the same thing when he was younger, and it never happened to him. I obviously inherited this from him, so I'm holding firm to the belief that it wont happen to me either ;)[/QUOTE]

dont think because youre not obese that there are not ill effects of eating like you describe.

[quote name='paz9x']dont think because youre not obese that there are not ill effects of eating like you describe.[/quote]

Yeah, I know. I do worry about that...

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']Scratch that. Just remembered I'm actually closer to 150 lbs now. I don't have a scale, so the information I've given has been based on doctors visits alone. I got my last two mixed up.

And yeah, I'm 6ft even and scrawny as fuck ;)[/quote]

Ok thats a little less creepy. :D

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']Everyone keeps telling me that once I reach my mid-twenties, I'll be fucked. Everyone always told my dad the same thing when he was younger, and it never happened to him. I obviously inherited this from him, so I'm holding firm to the belief that it wont happen to me either ;)[/quote]

It depends on what you consume and if you regularly exercise. :)

So glad I don't have to worry about weight problems. I eat like a fucking pig and I never gain a pound. My metabolism is insane, considering I eat more than any single person should eat, and yet I'm somehow still 25 lbs underweight.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't mean you're healthy. You could be skinny fat, i.e. having a low weight but high fat percentage.

How much time do you spend on the shitter, OP? I'm pretty sure my body has learned to reject anything from McDonalds -- it doesn't have time to get absorbed, I'm on the can 15 minutes after eating it.

If your eating constantly but not working out, that's you losing muscle mass and gaining fat mass.

Muscle mass is heavier than fat mass, once you don't have any muscles left to lose, the added fat mass will start packing on the total weight.

~HotShotX

(Didn't we just have a thread like this recently?)

Growing up I was short and scrawny. Somewhere between my sophomore and junior year of high school I shot up to 6'1 or so but I weighed just under 170. I looked very thin. After high school I took up weight lifting and was about 185 and when I was about 22 I started gaining fat for the first time. Right now I'm 26 and weigh about 220. I'd like to lose about 15 pounds and I will lift weights over doing cardio 364 days a year but I took up jogging in the morning last summer to help slim myself down since I have an office job and sit on my ass 40+ hours a week for work. You would never call me fat, but it shows a lil in my face and around my waist.

So.. you youngins' might not put on weight just yet but when you're in your twenties you will start to experience the pain that is weight loss. If you still have a freakish metabolism as an adult, you still need to realize that unhealthy eating will clog your arteries, raise your blood pressure, ect... even if you aren't getting fat.

Forgot about this thread. Anyway I'm 5'10 and age 24. I try and walk 3 miles every day just because it's "around the block" and it helps relieve my stress to be out and about with music. My breath does smell like shit all the time but then again I believe I have gingivitis.

[quote name='davo1224']Forgot about this thread. Anyway I'm 5'10 and age 24. I try and walk 3 miles every day just because it's "around the block" and it helps relieve my stress to be out and about with music. My breath does smell like shit all the time but then again I believe I have gingivitis.[/quote]

Don't know if most people know this, but the scent of your breath originates more in your stomach than your mouth. On an empty stomach, your breath will smell most like all the crap coming up (stomach acid, musus, ect) Do you smoke? I can't stand my smokers breath so I chew Trident Watermelon Twist gum in social situations which has a pleasant smell noticeable from about 4 feet away :D

[quote name='neverletthem']Same thing with me, though not as much underweight. I enjoy it very much, though, it's gonna suck when it all catches up when I get older.[/QUOTE]

It may not. I'm 30 and it hasn't much with me. Maybe a little extra around the mid section, but probably only a couple pounds. And that's with being a slacker with workouts etc. the past 6 months as I've been crazy busy.

Just good genes I guess. My dad turns 60 this year and is skinny as hell other than a small beer gut. And he drinks a good bit and eats like crap.

bread's done
Back