My Wii Fiasco...

crzyboy88

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
I've been looking for a Wii for 2 months straight. Every day I'd check Wii Tracker, Wii Alerts, etc. I even had texts sent to my phone to alert me. Sadly, every time I got a text, it was at a bad time (work, class, sleep, etc.). So when I finally found one online, I jumped on it. It was a bundle from Costco, it came with the console, Super Mario Galaxy, Wii Play and an extra nunchuk for $350 (with tax and shipping, it came to $400). Out of all the Costco stores in the US, my bundle gets shipped from the furthest one possible (I live in NY, and it's shipped from CA). The order ships on 4/21 and is expected to arrive at 4/25. I didn't mind too much since I've already gone 2 months beforehand without a Wii. So, I go through the week and finally the day comes.

I go online to check the status of my order on UPS.com and it says that it's out for delivery. Although I was excited, I knew I still had to wait a few hours. At 1 PM I had to leave my house to go somewhere. Upon my return, I got lucky because there wasn't a "Sorry we missed you" note, so I know it hadn't arrived yet. I see my neighbor outside and we talk for about 15 minutes. Halfway through, I see a UPS truck just drive by without stopping (False alarm...). After the conversation, I go inside and I watch a news show followed by some not boring shows. After I finished watching TV, I realized that it's already 4:30 PM and I still didn't get my Wii. Curious, I go online to track and it says:

Location/Signee: FRONT DOOR
Time: 2:56 PM

Wait. WHAT?! Did I get home too late? Did I miss it? Where is it?! I search around my house and I didn't find anything. I call UPS and Costco and while on hold I'm trying to recall what happened at the alleged delivery time at 2:56 PM. Then it hit me. The news show I watched started at 3:00 PM. So all I have to do is go back 4 minutes. I was outside talking to my neighbor. That was when I saw the UPS truck! My Wii was on that UPS truck that did not stop! So, after I got on the line with Costco, I asked if a signature would've been needed for a package like the bundle. They said that it was up to the driver. Up to the driver? It is $400 and over 13 pounds! Anyway, Costco said that they'll open an investigation and I'll get a resolution within 7-10 business days. With UPS, they tried to contact the driver and he had already left work...

Now, here I am, without a Wii, going on a sliver of hope that something will happen. Costco said that 90% of reported items are never found. But, I might get a refund. Nothing like trying for 2 months only to have this happen. Guess I just gotta keep waiting...

Might get a refund? If you dont get your product you do get your refund. Tough shit if they left it at the wrong house... as a matter of fact tough shit if they left it at your house and a dog came by and ate it.

Thats just how it works. Either Costco or your Credit Card company will back you up. I hope you didnt order it with a debit card, then your at Costco's mercy.

Wow, you got screwed, I am pretty sure you can go on the UPS website and make it mandatory to have a signature, maybe this helps for future purchases. I have never dealt with Costco but I know other stores wil usually give the customer the benefit of the doubt. Hope everything works out for you.

Just because a UPS truck went by your house doesn't mean that was the one carrying your Wii.

There's two trucks that service my town - my mom knows both drivers, since for her job she gets a lot of deliveries - and sometimes if I'm expecting something at home she'll ask driver #1 about it who'll say "no, I don't have it, it's probably on driver #2's truck."

However, the 2:56 time stamp on delivery could also mean that it might have been delivered to the wrong place. I live on the South side of a street, and have received boxes for the North side. It's VERY rare though. (And my house gets 3-5 boxes a week.)

i agree with Mileron. UPS dispatches numerous trucks for each community. for our building, the UPS truck stops twice a day. one in the morning, which i would assume next day packages, and one in the afternoon which takes care of all the regular packages. the next time they or you call threaten them with a lawsuit tell them youre really upset about it.

One time I checked the tracking number and it said delivered, but when I called I found out that they put the item on the wrong truck, and that it would be rerouted the next day. Sure enough, I got it the next day. I'm not sure why it ever said delivered though....?

If it helps, I've had that problem before... something being marked delivered when it wasn't. From what I gathered, sometimes drivers do that so it looks like everything was delivered that day, but then they actually just drop it off the following day. As in, I've even had a guy mark it delivered on a Friday, and then he dropped it off on Saturday.

It's happened to me a few times, so I'd wait and see what happens tomorrow (or today, I guess).

[quote name='007'] From what I gathered, sometimes drivers do that so it looks like everything was delivered that day, but then they actually just drop it off the following day.[/quote]

I've had the same issue a number of times with one particular driver I had in Indianapolis. He actually ended up getting reprimanded though because I would call because it would say delivered and I had no tag anywhere saying it was dropped off at my apartment complex or anything. It always got delivered the next day, but it was quite irritating, because I'm very anal retentive about checking my tracking.

Well, I got a call back from UPS. Apparently everything will be resolved on May 13th. No details about if I get the Wii or the refund, but something will happen then...

[quote name='crzyboy88']Well, I got a call back from UPS. Apparently everything will be resolved on May 13th. No details about if I get the Wii or the refund, but something will happen then...[/quote]

my birthday!

did you check your porch or patio, any other family memebers in the house?

[quote name='crzyboy88']Well, I got a call back from UPS. Apparently everything will be resolved on May 13th. No details about if I get the Wii or the refund, but something will happen then...[/QUOTE]

That sounds like they're going to put a trace on the item... usually, that just re-tracks their steps, and unless they find your box they assume it was delivery and you're screwed.

I really hope this works for you man. I had a package lost and they were of no help, at all.

If I were you, I'd ask some neighbors if they noticed a UPS track stop by your house or anything around the delivery time.

[quote name='Vinny']That sounds like they're going to put a trace on the item... usually, that just re-tracks their steps, and unless they find your box they assume it was delivery and you're screwed.

I really hope this works for you man. I had a package lost and they were of no help, at all.

If I were you, I'd ask some neighbors if they noticed a UPS track stop by your house or anything around the delivery time.[/QUOTE]

I was outside at the alleged time of delivery talking to my neighbor, that was when I saw the UPS truck just drive by without stopping.

[quote name='crzyboy88']I was outside at the alleged time of delivery talking to my neighbor, that was when I saw the UPS truck just drive by without stopping.[/quote]

UPS is awful. They will leave high dollar items like consoles on my front porch but will require a signature for stupid stuff like a $10 replacement keyboard. I don't know how many times customers got screwed by UPS when I worked for Gateway several years back. They would leave $2000 laptops on people's front porches in those cow spotted boxes. Everyone knew what was in there so it was just begging to be stolen.

EDIT: I hope you're able to get everything resolved.

My former manager once received a package by accident that had 10 brand new PSP in their original packaging. My manager had a business trip where his materials where shipped back to his Houston office through UPS. He sent his materials through UPS because he did not want to carry them on the plane... when his UPS package arrive at the office, he opened the box and instead of getting his materials, he got a package with 10 brand spankin new PSPs.

He called UPS to let them know of the screw up and they said : "sorry, that's supposed to be your stuff, there is nothing we can do about it". My boss waited several months before giving away the PSPs to his friends, just in case the original owner claimed them. My boss never got his materials (which were recruiting flyers and some company documents) but he made 10 people happy with free PSPs.

True story...

that sucks dude.

i got my Wii (no bundle or anything, just Wii) via USPS from Amazon.com over a year ago and I had to sign for it.

[quote name='Chitown021']UPS is awful. They will leave high dollar items like consoles on my front porch but will require a signature for stupid stuff like a $10 replacement keyboard. I don't know how many times customers got screwed by UPS when I worked for Gateway several years back. They would leave $2000 laptops on people's front porches in those cow spotted boxes. Everyone knew what was in there so it was just begging to be stolen.[/quote]

they used to do this at my place -- leave $1000 worth of computer parts just sitting on my porch in plain site. luckily, in all the times they did it, i never had anything stolen. however, over the past year, they now always put the package behind my side-gate and leave a simple note on the door. i'm assuming someone had a costly issue and UPS was forced to adjust their usual delivery method... at least around here.

good luck to you OP. hope everything is resolved quickly and in your favor.

bread's done
Back