Mycoke.com "Twist txt Get" Sweepstakes - $20 Cash Card every 5 minutes

[quote name='Bill Mcdougal']Ok, so not only did the cheaters steal potential wins from whoever would have won the card had they not been competing with cheaters that had already used their limit of the day, but now the cheaters don't even get them.

Cheaters: You see what happened? That is money that an honest player would have won if it weren't for you, and now nobody gets it because you're a greedy scumbag. Playing to win a card that will just get voided instead of just letting someone else have it is basically saying "if I can't have this money, I don't want you to have it either." For each card you won by cheating, that could be less money to buy food for their kids or something. F You.

And this isn't even getting into the whole fact that many legitimate players (me? I haven't checked my mail yet) are getting their real wins voided because Coke overreacted about all of you selfish thieves.[/quote]

If someone was honestly using this money to pay off food for their kid, I would tell them to GTFO and find a job. Jesus dude, go preach at your local church. :roll:

[quote name='Bill Mcdougal']Ok, so not only did the cheaters steal potential wins from whoever would have won the card had they not been competing with cheaters that had already used their limit of the day, but now the cheaters don't even get them.

Cheaters: You see what happened? That is money that an honest player would have won if it weren't for you, and now nobody gets it because you're a greedy scumbag. Playing to win a card that will just get voided instead of just letting someone else have it is basically saying "if I can't have this money, I don't want you to have it either." For each card you won by cheating, that could be less money to buy food for their kids or something. F You.

And this isn't even getting into the whole fact that many legitimate players (me? I haven't checked my mail yet) are getting their real wins voided because Coke overreacted about all of you selfish thieves.[/quote]
Would you give it up?

No one cares.

lol i find this funny. not saying I really care or that I wish that people are getting caught, but it does seems pointless to do it for a $20 promotion when you couldn't do it for the $100 sprite promo last summer.

to everyone who did multiple accounts and got caught. I hope they give you at least what you won from until you got caught.

and to the people that are happy that people got caught....we over here at CAG are in the minority for exploiting promotions like this. if you think we are in the majority look over at slickdeals.net or at cheatingnetwork.net please CAG is nothing compared to those people.

[quote name='TehMuff1nM4n']If someone was honestly using this money to pay off food for their kid, I would tell them to GTFO and find a job. Jesus dude, go preach at your local church. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Once again, you only address the least important of many points. It doesn't matter what they were going to use it on, the point is they should have won and they didn't because they were playing fairly while you basically stole their money by playing when you shouldn't have been allowed to because you're selfish and want their prizes too.

I wish all of those who are actually playing by the rules the best of luck and hope you win often now. A lot of people playing by the rules deserve a card two each much more than the few selfish people here cheating deserve their hundreds of dollars they tried to scam out of this thing. Thanks for being honest and understanding that you are not alone in this world.

See if I really wanted to, I could fight them back with a whole bunch of reasons as to how I didn't cheat, blah blah blah. (Note, I did cheat on the first day. A big ol' 3 wins, whoop-dee-doo, that's 1 more than possible playing legit)

But of course I won't. Because unlike some people who are getting quite butt-hurt in this thread (nobody cares about your stupid morals), I don't care if I got DQ, or if people who are cheating don't get DQ'ed.

I agree that cheating is bad, but you're just kind of being rude at this point. What if the people who cheated needed it for their family? WOULD YOU STEAL A LOAF OF BREAD TO FEED YOUR FAMILY?

So yeah...

[quote name='silverjojo08']I agree that cheating is bad, but you're just kind of being rude at this point. What if the people who cheated needed it for their family? WOULD YOU STEAL A LOAF OF BREAD TO FEED YOUR FAMILY?

So yeah...[/quote]

Normally, I would just avoid a conversation like this , as the upset poster is just blowing off some steam and should just have been humored and eventually, or even from the start, ignored. However, that's a bad analogy you posted because it changes the "people trying to feed the family" to "the cheaters." Also, the upset poster did not mention people "cheaters trying to feed the family," and therefore you're bringing another spark into what will turn into a conversation that's already degraded into "let's post short, cynical posts that mock each other."

Quotation marks.

I saw this at work on Slickdeals (CAG is filtered), so I have to wonder: to those that got the email - are you banned from the promotion now, or is it just the past wins that are voided? (Not that it'd be hard to start from scratch...)

I admit, I cheated at the beginning, but I stopped because it's been very easy for me to win. In fact, today, I won on my first play (and this was at 1pm or so...normally I play in the middle of the night). I worry mostly because both of my free plays won a week back and I can see that raising a flag.

I haven't gotten the email yet, but it wouldn't surprise me. I have been playing with my main Coke account that I opened a long time ago that still uses an Excite email - and a few times, I never received my (legit) win. I'm hoping my karma from not complaining about that balances multiple accounts I used at the start.

On the other hand, this may be a good sign; they might be getting ready to ship out the first set of cards and noticed that some people are getting way to many cards in their name and address for as long as the promo has been running.

Just curious, but has anyone redeemed more than 1 or 2 cards on the same day?

Cause I think it would be obvious if you have 4+ cards all redeemed on the same exact day.

[quote name='iLurk']Normally, I would just avoid a conversation like this , as the upset poster is just blowing off some steam and should just have been humored and eventually, or even from the start, ignored. However, that's a bad analogy you posted because it changes the "people trying to feed the family" to "the cheaters." Also, the upset poster did not mention people "cheaters trying to feed the family," and therefore you're bringing another spark into what will turn into a conversation that's already degraded into "let's post short, cynical posts that mock each other."

Quotation marks.[/quote]

That's kind of what I meant, though. It could go on forever and there's really no point.

[quote name='GreatOne2k9']Not going to happen, sweepstakes/instant wins HAVE to have a no purchase necessary method (by law, otherwise it is a lottery), plus not everyone is going to have a cell phone/or be able to text (or afford to text). Also not everyone will have 1-2 Coke caps (REGULAR Coke only if the newer red caps) to enter.[/quote]

Well I dont see why they couldn't just do 2 free entries per phone number per day. Of course, mailing entries in would still work.

From the same standpoint, who says everyone has the internet to access the page? :)

[quote name='iLurk']Normally, I would just avoid a conversation like this , as the upset poster is just blowing off some steam and should just have been humored and eventually, or even from the start, ignored. However, that's a bad analogy you posted because it changes the "people trying to feed the family" to "the cheaters." Also, the upset poster did not mention people "cheaters trying to feed the family," and therefore you're bringing another spark into what will turn into a conversation that's already degraded into "let's post short, cynical posts that mock each other."

Quotation marks.[/quote]

I have decided to stop taking part in the conversation, if you can call it that. Those "short, cynical posts" are quite annoying when you type out a long explaination of why something is wrong and get nothing in response but an attack of a single phrase or sentence (usually the least significant), because they cannot defend themselves from the main point. Seriously, that's acting just like a troll. And just like a troll, I can't argue with people like that if they won't argue against my points maturely and in full. Odds are one day they'll be wronged in some way because of someone else's selfishness and maybe then they'll regret what they've done. Bye, self-centered criminals, and best of luck to all who play by the rules to give everyone a fair chance.

Jesus, I think there was less "morality" talk in the Sprite's $100 card contest, where people raked in over $5,000 (I only got $300).

There are so many different branches of ethics that stating your opinion of what is right and wrong is just that, an opinion. You're not going to change someone's beliefs, especially if their thought process is that it's not a bad thing to do. (personally, I don't feel like it's bad to make a few accounts, I feel less inclined to say it's not bad to use 100+ accounts, but that's neither here nor there).

Just like wars, people are so caught up in their beliefs that they have to fight for something they believe in, even if something is so minuscule, or on the facelessness of the Internet. Seriously, you're preaching but it doesn't matter. You may be getting your peace of mind, but they've had theirs. Moral principles are ONE'S idea of what is right and wrong. You're not going to change someone's opinion.

Anyways, my point is... this isn't school, this isn't church, this is cheapassgamer.

Yeah..this is getting dumb over $20 cards. We cheated, we got caught..so what? That is the risk you take. When the speed limit is 70 mph and you purposely go 85, you have no reason to complain if you get a ticket. On the other hand we don't need rubberneckers yelling at us telling us what we did wrong unless one of us is bitching about it.

Anyways....my mycokerewards.com account is locked. Any else's locked that got the "special" email? I just did their contact us form on the site asking why my account was locked. It got locked for the Sprite thing too and they unlocked it after I asked so I am not too worried about it. Not like there is anything wirth a damn on the site anyways.

I got the email but I was able to sign in so I do not think it is locked. I see the cards they voided are still there also so who knows whats up with them.

[quote name='Malik112099']Yeah..this is getting dumb over $20 cards. We cheated, we got caught..so what? That is the risk you take. When the speed limit is 70 mph and you purposely go 85, you have no reason to complain if you get a ticket. On the other hand we don't need rubberneckers yelling at us telling us what we did wrong unless one of us is bitching about it.[/quote]Horrible analogy. The proportion doesn't correspond. Folks who "drive the speed limit" are only representative of one person's entry...cheaters are making dozens, even hundreds more.

It's like someone going the speed limit on the right lane of a two lane freeway, while there is a constant stream of speeders on the left, like a Frogger game gone haywire, leaving travel dangerous :D

You're not just "speeding" by cheating...let's break down what actually happens:

- the legitimacy of the contest is immediately brought into question
- the odds are ruined, legitimate players have less reason to return to the website
- the promotion is cheated of some of the rightful amount of attention/leads/word-of-mouth it paid for
- it is not the corporate Robin Hood scenario many of you make it to be: you're essentially stealing from random people, placing your selfishness above others who may actually be more deserving than you (*waves at Poor2More*)
- in further trying to justify fraud, honest folks are subjected to some of the most ass backwards rhetoric to grace CAG

I mean, let's face it: it's one thing to lower your standards to participate in this type of nonsense, it's a whole 'nother type of delusion to brag about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
D'ya think multi-accounters are going to stop, even if they got the email? They'll probably just make a new one and start ove,r hoping they won't get caught again.

[quote name='dodgeme']Woot! just got another 20 bucks. Im up to 60 now.[/quote]

Are you going to redeem yours right away? I am afraid to redeem mine after reading all the people that are loosing their wins. I think I am going to wait until I get my $60 in hand I already won and then redeem my new win from today. It says we have until March of 2010 to redeem it.

Im kinda confused on this whole cheating thing. If you win multiple times legitley on one account can you redeem them all on the same account without getting busted???

[quote name='Crazyglitcher']Its actually really easy to catch cheaters here because you have to redeem codes, and if you redeem more than two per day, they'll know. So watch it.[/quote]

What if you win a card at 23:58, then twice the next day at 00:34, and 01:15, that person could potentially redeem 3 cards in one day, but not cheat at all, because one win came at the very end of the next day (and was redeemed at the very beginning of the next day).

Some people may redeem later on and could have more than two previous wins

[quote name='Crazyglitcher']Its actually really easy to catch cheaters here because you have to redeem codes, and if you redeem more than two per day, they'll know. So watch it.[/quote]

You had to redeem codes in the Sprite giveaway too. I redeemed 2-8 codes a day that I played the Sprite game and I still got every card sent to me. In the end only the last 4 cards didn't work because they finally caught on.

[quote name='GreatOne2k9']What if you win a card at 23:58, then twice the next day at 00:34, and 01:15, that person could potentially redeem 3 cards in one day, but not cheat at all, because one win came at the very end of the next day (and was redeemed at the very beginning of the next day).

Some people may redeem later on and could have more than two previous wins[/quote]

Apparently there are a lot of technicalities to the previous statement I made, but if you consistently redeem codes for $20 GC's everyday and more than twice per day, they'll know something's up. Cause the consolation prizes aren't worth it to put in every single code, especially since the only thing one coud possibly get that would assist with gaming is the 15% off code (PPlay15) which is utterly useless.

Not sure if they'll do anything about it though. I'm just giving a heads up to the people who decide to "success advantage" this contest that it'll be suspicious if you redeem your card codes as soon as you get them.

Oh man...I just got the email. I was playing Legit in my opinion. I have an account and so does my husband and we only did 2 x per day under the official rules link and I just recieved the email. I am mad so I wrote them back to see if I can fight it b/c we should both be able to play. And no, I cashed them in when I won them, so never more than 1 per day redeemed.

[quote name='HelpSavePets']Oh man...I just got the email. I was playing Legit in my opinion. I have an account and so does my husband and we only did 2 x per day under the official rules link and I just recieved the email. I am mad so I wrote them back to see if I can fight it b/c we should both be able to play. And no, I cashed them in when I won them, so never more than 1 per day redeemed.[/quote]
Same thing happened to me and husband. We had three wins between us and they voided them so oh well. There are too many games to play to worry about coke. Ill stick with Pepsi as it is my favorite.

Anyone else writing them? I sent them an inquiry. I doubt it will do any good since it says they have the final say in the rules, but worth a shot.

[quote name='HelpSavePets']Oh man...I just got the email. I was playing Legit in my opinion. I have an account and so does my husband and we only did 2 x per day under the official rules link and I just recieved the email. I am mad so I wrote them back to see if I can fight it b/c we should both be able to play. And no, I cashed them in when I won them, so never more than 1 per day redeemed.[/quote]

They will probably state that it's "one account per household."

You have until March 2010 to redeem the codes right? I wonder if it would be better to enter a code, get the card, then enter another code?

If you won legit,you may as well complain.LOUDLY.
I read a press release issued several years ago by eprize aimed at companies.It extolled the wonders of their 5 point anti-cheat system.A combo of IP,email,phone & street address,blah,blah.It also stated that eprize will disqualify people permanently for all contests they administer.Coke rules reference this also.Yes,a reference to the famous (at least on sweep sites) Blacklist.And there is no notice of you're being banned,you'll just never win & if you change emails & win & slip by,nothing will be sent to your home address.
I've won honestly & stopped after seeing this BS about being DQed & if I get a letter I'm pitching a fit.Because more than likely a DQ letter = blacklist & eprize runs a huge amount of contests.And I sure did not see a win limit nor a one per household limit in the rules.

Well, my boy has won twice and got the e-mail, I have won once and got the e-mail. We were playing according to the "official rules" of 2 entries per day (w/o purchase), per account (only one account per person). I don't understand how they can get away with this false advertising! I did write them, we will see what comes of this, but 5 people in my household play this game twice a day (most days unless we forget), I didn't see anywhere in the "official rules" where this is limited to one account per household, ip addy, etc. This really bites.:hot:

that makes no sense seeing as how the WHOLE promo is a TEXTING promo. yeah here is a limit to 2 FREE entrees per day but if you went and bought 100 cokes that's fine. so the whole more than 2 per day approach is useless

After writing them via the contact us section of the site, did get a response that they will look into the matter and get back with me in 7-10 days. Guess we will see what happens, but guess what... my boy won again and this time when he went to redeem code, it was completely different. I mean the whole process was and it was confusing as well. Since he is only 16, parent had to put in info as well. Hope all legitimate winners write them if necessary. Good luck to all fellow CAG ppl on your winnings.

bread's done
Back