MyNintendo: What happened?

beerguy961

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Remember a few years back; Sony seemed invincible, the Xbox Live was just taking off, and Nintendo launched an online game registration system, MyNintendo. MyNintendo was great because it gave you prizes and games for registering games and such. But something happened; Nintendo stopped giving gifts out. WHY? WHY OH WHY? I want more things like The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition. Why didn't this service turn into something like Club Nintendo?

Its because Nintendo of America is a joke. Europe and Japan got their shit together but NoA would rather spend all their money shoving Reggie down our throats at every event they are involved with.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Its because Nintendo of America is a joke. Europe and Japan got their shit together but NoA would rather spend all their money shoving Reggie down our throats at every event they are involved with.[/quote]

This is just waiting for Strell to make some kind of joke. :roll::lol:

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Its because Nintendo of America is a joke. Europe and Japan got their shit together but NoA would rather spend all their money shoving Reggie down our throats at every event they are involved with.[/quote]Eh, the only "giveaways" they would do in America are the "enter for a chance to win" type things, which they seem to be starting to move towards in Japan as well (or other goofy restrictions like the last Club Nintendo freebie, where you had to have collected x number of points between dates y and z). It's a bit easier to give away stuff to hundreds of thousands of consumers in Japan and Europe instead of millions in the US.

All they need to do is throw us some extremely worthless swag and many people will be happy. VC downloads will be prime candidates for that since they cost nothing. They're just getting ready to start that in Europe, hopefully it will move over here eventually - but since we've never accumulated "points" of any kind, it's less likely.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Its because Nintendo of America is a joke.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. You'd think that after registering a couple games and a $250 console they would at least give you a free year's subscription to Nintendo Power, but no. They can only give you 3 measly fucking issues. That's an insult a slap to the face and a kick to the balls all in one.

And to all you guys waiting for the points system to come over here just be aware of the very possible fact that your already registered products won't count towards getting points. I'm sure they will pull some kind of "only products registered after the new system has been implemented will count" bullshit. Of course we have to get a point system in the first place which is as likely or as eminent as man landing on Mars.

Everytime I think about this subject I get pissed off. I'd be happy with a crappy 50¢ Mario keychain, but no. That's too much for Nintendo. Over in Japan they are rolling in piles of free shit while we get a thank you and useless tips on a crappy website.

[quote name='pete5883']Isn't this at least the third topic of it's kind to be made in the last few months?[/quote]

With all the crappy threads made here, this thread being made ONE time a month isnt bad.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Its because Nintendo of America is a joke. Europe and Japan got their shit together but NoA would rather spend all their money shoving Reggie down our throats at every event they are involved with.[/quote]
Yeah but buying food for a family of 4 is cheaper than a family of 16. That's the only reason I can think of that Europe and Japan gets freebies. I mean, isn't USA's game market bigger than Japan and Europe combined times 2?* If they are similar, then yes, NOA sucks ass. But I always thought it was too expensive for Nintendo.

*Source - Is a guess and pulled out of my ass.

[quote name='Kendro']Yeah but buying food for a family of 4 is cheaper than a family of 16. That's the only reason I can think of that Europe and Japan gets freebies. I mean, isn't USA's game market bigger than Japan and Europe combined times 2?*

*Source - Is a guess and pulled out of my ass.[/QUOTE]

This is about as close to an official excuse you'll get from NoA if they actually bother to answer your e-mail, but it'll be dressed up as "well, we feel our games are an incredibly satisfying experience" rhetoric.

More customers = more people buying games = more profit = more money for prizes. The fact that there are more people isn't a valid one as they would gain a larger profit here, wouldn't they?

[quote name='help1']More customers = more people buying games = more profit = more money for prizes. The fact that there are more people isn't a valid one as they would gain a larger profit here, wouldn't they?[/QUOTE]

A good counter to the theory above, but somewhere, NoA's got some marketing beancounter who is sitting in his office thinking "Gosh, I sure am saving the company a lot of money."

How honestly hard would it be for NoA to give us something like NoE's "the number of games you've registered = X amount of points for downloading games?" I suspect not very, and I also suspect the amount of money "lost" on such a maneuver is so minimal that they'd barely feel it.

Until then, there's nothing else that can be hoped for.

I mean shit. Even if they just gave us the possibility of certain things, but you had to buy them at a discounted price. "Register 50 games = buy a limited edition Wiimote with the Mario symbol for $15." Then at least we'd think we were special AND we'd get special things AND we'd probably offset their cost.

Makes you wonder who is calling the shots on this stuff up there in Washington.

NoA would never admit to this, and I cannot prove it, but I'd be willing to bet that I know exactly why we don't get crap from MyNintendo.

Because we're whiney little bitches.

Seriously.

When Nintendo did the Legend of Zelda Disc, do any of y'all remember all the posts of people throwing a hissy fit because they "deserved" one of these discs without having to buy stuff they didn't want?

Even to this very day, I still occasionally read a post where someone is pitching a fit because of their disapproval of the way that Nintendo choose to distribute the disc.

I don't blame NoA one bit for not doing any more promotions like this - By simply not doing the promotions, they save money and have less people complain to them. Sure, they get the occasional e-mail about Japan's Club Nintendo, but most of us learned a long time ago that Japan just gets much cooler things than we do... so the majority of us don't complain. And, since these prizes are limited to Japan, the "average" individuals don't know about them at all... ;)

So, next time you read a post where someone complains about the Zelda disc, slap them upside the head... That's just my two cents... :)

bread's done
Back