Mystery Playstation Bundle to be released in July

mox2

CAGiversary!
I was talking with a Walmart Manager that works in a Walmart that will not be named. Apparently they are stocking a Playstation Bundle that they won't be able to sell until July 2008, hence they have stock sitting in the backroom I wasn't given any further details. Anyone know anything about this?

Nope, haven't heard any rumors about anything either. Also in for the standard, in for 10. what a great deal comment.

This could be true.
But not exactly the way people interpret it tho. I doubts it's a official Bundle with a different SKU like the MGS one.
It might just be another promotion sale bundle that stores alot of times have.
Not different from the PS3 with 100$ GC bundle.

So this could be true but it will probably just be a PS3 with 1 or 2 random games (probably old games) thrown in.

either way doubt it will be better than the MGS one right now so no need to wait on this "maybe" bundle

I suspect it's just the next in a line of cost saving redesigns for the PS3, or just restocks.

However, I don't think something will be released in July. And I think this rumor is completely false.

Remember that a very big game is coming out for the PS3 in less than a week. This means they'd want to have as many systems on the shelves so that people can buy them with the game.

Also, if you look at the release dates for July, there is nothing there that's popular enough to create a while new bundle of.

The only reason I can think of why they would withhold models is that those boxes really are the the latest redesign of the PS3 hardware, and with the PS3 likely selling a lot of consoles in June with MGS4, they want to clear out all the old stock of costly PS3s before introducing the more efficient ones to market.

I bet the Manager doesn't know anything and is probably thinking of the MGS Bundle. I doubt they have somethign they can't sell for that long. 2 Weeks maybe but not a month in advance.

Holding something for a month is crazy.

I would expect if anything it's just a 40 gig with rumble, and they will sell them after than run out of other 40 gig systems.

[quote name='DrunknDragun']Or possibly the long awaited White PS3!?![/quote]

That would be great, that would get me to buy a second PS3.

What about SOCOM for the PS3? Maybe they're planning a bundle including a headset, the game, a DS3 and a PS3 for it's release? Maybe it's being bumped up from it's projected September 08 release in the US to be another universal release like GTA IV?

bread's done
Back