N-Gage QD $19.99 NEW @ EB B&M + All Games $2.99 ea.

onikage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
If your EB still has any new N-Gage QDs they should now ring up @ $19.99.
I don't know how much they were before, but this seemed like a pretty good deal.

Also, all new games are now $2.99.

Edit: The QD is $49.99 @ Gamestop.

This is the first time in like ever that I've given a shit about the N-Gage.

Still, I'm not buying it. Instead, I'm laughing at myself for even giving a shit about it for two seconds.

Too bad I don't have any $$$ and my EBGames no longer carries it. I could have bought the system and the entire library and just not ate anything for a week.

[quote name='Chuplayer']This is the first time in like ever that I've given a shit about the N-Gage.

Still, I'm not buying it. Instead, I'm laughing at myself for even giving a shit about it for two seconds.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but the games you can pick up for it are so cheap, its almost worth it.

Whoa, going to pick up the last 2 at my gamestop if the prices apply there. Hopefully they still have both of them. Thanks OP!

Great find. I'm definitely going to check this out tomorrow. All the games left on the website are $2.99 but there's not much to pick from.

I actually use my original N-Gage as my cell phone, and I love the damn thing. I just use a basic Nokia headset so there's no side-talkin. Though I think the QD is overall inferior to the original (mono sound, no FM radio, no USB port), it is the better design when it comes to just playing games (i.e., hot swapping). Wouldn't mind picking up one for $20, as well as some of the games I don't have yet.

Seriously, $20 for a Symbian smartphone is a total bargain, no matter what you think of the N-Gage as a gaming device.

I wouldn't buy it because I don't need more clutter, but I find it interesting how badly the N-gage has done... and that it's still around for some reason.

[quote name='secretvampire']Is this in effect at Gamestop as well?[/quote]

None of the Gamestops around me had any games or systems, so I'm not sure. Several EBs still had a decent selection of games and a couple had systems.

Darn, I hope I can find one at that price. I picked up a few N-Gage game through various deals at EB figuring I would get the system once it got dirt cheap. $19.99 is cheap enough for me

I'll check my EB for them, they have games. I'd not have a problem getting one for that cheap along with all the good games, which is about 4.

[quote name='cyberlian']will these work with cingular? if so I'm all over this...[/quote]

Most of them at Gamestop come with a Cingular SIM card along with a 10-minute Cingular calling card.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']Most of them at Gamestop come with a Cingular SIM card along with a 10-minute Cingular calling card.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, my phone is getting ready to die and one of these will be a great deal for gaming/backup phone in one package.

[quote name='Chuplayer']This is the first time in like ever that I've given a shit about the N-Gage.

Still, I'm not buying it. Instead, I'm laughing at myself for even giving a shit about it for two seconds.[/QUOTE]

ha ha... I agree... I sort of did the same thing.

Yeah, go play you're Sony.

[quote name='RaPtOrsIII']so this can't work wit T-Mobile sim cards?[/QUOTE]
Not sure why not. I bought my original N-Gage used from Gamestop and the previous owner definitely used T-Mobile. But I popped by Cingular sim card in it and it worked fine.

I believe back when the N-Gage was introduced, Gamestops sold the system with T-Mobile service. Unless something's changed that I don't know about, I don't see why T-Mobile wouldn't work.

[quote name='cheapbrass']whats the link to it online? i can't find it.[/QUOTE]

Me neither. I searched "n-gage", "ngage", "gage", "qd"...

[quote name='RaPtOrsIII']so this can't work wit T-Mobile sim cards?[/quote]

Yes, it will work. The early N-Gages used to have T-Mobile SIM cards.

When you buy a new N-Gage, it will come with a certain brands SIM card, but the system is still unlocked.

So if you have a spare T-Mobile SIM card and you buy a Cingular N-Gage, you can just put the T-Mobile card in and it will work.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']Yes, it will work. The early N-Gages used to have T-Mobile SIM cards.

When you buy a new N-Gage, it will come with a certain brands SIM card, but the system is still unlocked.

So if you have a spare T-Mobile SIM card and you buy a Cingular N-Gage, you can just put the T-Mobile card in and it will work.[/quote]

Sorry to disagree with you, but any of the ngage qds people find will be pre-paid cingular ready phones. They will not work with a T-mobile sim card or any other sim card besides cingular until you get the phone unlocked. The phone will NOT be unlocked when you first buy it.

I know this first hand since I had to return my ngage qd I bought brand new to ebgames awhile back since it stopped working and I still had my year warranty in tack. They gave me a cingular ready one and my sim card was not recognized.

[quote name='Prepster']Sorry to disagree with you, but any of the ngage qds people find will be pre-paid cingular ready phones. They will not work with a T-mobile sim card or any other sim card besides cingular until you get the phone unlocked. The phone will NOT be unlocked when you first buy it.

I know this first hand since I had to return my ngage qd I bought brand new to ebgames awhile back since it stopped working and I still had my year warranty in tack. They gave me a cingular ready one and my sim card was not recognized.[/quote]

Ooops, my mistake.

Use this site to get your phone unlocked - http://www.gsmevolution.com/freecalc/

Sorry, I don't really know how any of this works, or even what a sim card is. I'll probably buy this anyways just to mess around with some of the cheap games, but I have Alltel as my cell service.... is there any chance I'll be able to use this as a phone at all?

the N-Gage Rocks. if you use a headset. I've been using one for about two years now. Well worth the $50 i paid for mine. I want to get a RAZR eventually but the N-Gage has served me well.

I know for a fact that there are none around here. If someone is stopping by an EB and happens to find an extra one, I'll pay you for the system + S/H. I have a few N-Gage games and I don't even have the system, lol.

[quote name='vietgurl']I know for a fact that there are none around here. If someone is stopping by an EB and happens to find an extra one, I'll pay you for the system + S/H. I have a few N-Gage games and I don't even have the system, lol.[/QUOTE]

hey vietgurl do you want to do it. cause i'm asian too. maybe evne viet. wtf. haha

Folks who are buying...

1.) Most likely, since its new, the phone will be locked to whatever SIM card it came with. Dont worry Nokia's are the easiest phone to unlocked(cept their BB5 phones), give me a PM if you have a locked phone and I'll help you unlock it.

2.) QDs are GSM phones, it will not work with SPRINT(PCI), Verizon(CDMA), NExtel.. They will work if unlocked with Cingular/ATnT, TMobile, and I think US cell is also GSM.

3.) Final FYI its a dual band phone, so majority of the network outside of North America will not be compatible with the phone.

bread's done
Back