N64, PS1 + All Earlier Console Games - 50-60% off @ EB/Gamestop (YMMV?)

onikage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Every EB/GS I have visited in the last few days has confirmed that all N64, PS1 and earlier console games(NES,SNES, DC, etc) are now 50% off, 60% off w/ Edge card. This apparently started at the beginning of the current week. There don't appear to be signs in every location, so this may be YMMV, though I've been told it is a chain-wide deal.

it is going to difficult to track down old generation games.many eb/gs sent them to wherehouse to make room for current generation items.i will keep my eye peel when i'm going for the buy 2 get 1 free deal.i wonder can they combine the deals?

I assume this isn't on Dreamcast titles? Not that any EB/GS h ave any more that aren't sports titles...
Here's hoping I can find some left over copies of Rhapsody or Persona 2, but I suppose those were around a long while ago.

[quote name='SDC']I assume this isn't on Dreamcast titles? Not that any EB/GS h ave any more that aren't sports titles...
Here's hoping I can find some left over copies of Rhapsody or Persona 2, but I suppose those were around a long while ago.[/quote]

Dreamcast games are included. And I found a copy of Persona 2 earlier tonight, they're still out there.

This is arther old. Wasn't it last year that GS asked for all the old gen games to be sent to them? I haven't seen a console game at GS/EB in the last year that was older than a PS2.

[quote name='suko_32']How long is this going for? Indefinately?[/quote]

Yes, one manager I spoke with said that they would keep these at 50% off(with the possibility of an even higher discount in the future) until everything was gone.

Is this at every gamestop, because there is a store here with a few n64 games left, and does it ring up automatically in the register or something that the clerks have to know about and input manually, because if its something that was sent in an email or something, they will try to argue with me at the store, they hate me at this particular gamestop because i am the devil customer that only buys the cheapest items and a customer that they can never get any extras out of.

Hmmm, I just went a a GS with a huge thing of N64 games, and another for PS1. Although, that GS isn't a local one, so I am mostly outta luck. And although the OP said console games, I am wondering if GBC games are also 50% off? I doubt it, but worth asking I suppose. Also at this other GS I went to, I got a used Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter, and it is like in brand new condition cause it was stolen and traded in :lol: .

If anyone sees Resident Evil 2 (dreamcast only) complete with case art/instructions and in good enough condition for cheap in this sale, please let me know how much you'd want for it shipped. None of the atlanta area EB/GSs carry older console games anymoer (at least, none that I'm aware of).

[quote name='mrcheapo11']Also at this other GS I went to, I got a used Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter, and it is like in brand new condition cause it was stolen and traded in :lol: .[/quote]
I saw a guy try to trade like 15 of those in at the same time at my local GameStop. Obviously stolen ones. The clerk refused, made up a "We already have too many of those" excuse.

[quote name='reibeatall']This isn't company wide. I just checked at my GS with my edge card, and I didn't get the 50% off.

Damn, I so wish it was, though.[/quote]

Maybe whoever was working didn't know about it. Also, you wouldn't get the 50% off by just using your Edge card. They'd have to adjust the prices as they do with other deals.

[quote name='CitizenB']I haven't seen a DC, PS1, N64 game in a EB/GS since 2003-04.[/QUOTE]
Really? All the ones I've been to have at least some, although it's been dwindling. 2003-04 was around when they sent all the retro stuff (NES, SNES, Gen) to centralized locations and blew it out.

[quote name='SDC']I assume this isn't on Dreamcast titles? Not that any EB/GS h ave any more that aren't sports titles...
Here's hoping I can find some left over copies of Rhapsody or Persona 2, but I suppose those were around a long while ago.[/QUOTE]

My EB has a couple of Persona's and Rhapsody's. I'll have to see if they're doing the sale.

[quote name='Dranakin']I haven't seen anything older than this last generation at any EBs around me.[/quote] Me neither, it's been about 3 or 4 years since I've seen any games for N64/PS1 or older systems at the EBs in my area.

There's plenty or N64/PS1 stuff around here. Even at 50% off, most of the prices on the good games ($25-50) will still be too high for me. A lot of this stuff would have to be 90% off before I'd consider it.

You guys asking about Dreamcast stuff must not read the board that often. Dreamcast games were clearanced out at 75% months ago, along with all other vintage console games EXCEPT for N64/PS1. The only Dreamcast stuff still around here is disc-only sports crap.

wow. i am in on this one, i know a few places that still has them but very limited inventory. as for dc games, they had em at 70% off at gs last summer. i was able to buy code veronica for $1.49 and they had 3 so i got em all. i didnt bother with shemue although it would have been nice to get a couple...

Ugh. I've been to eight different locations and only one of them carrives Nintendo 64 games. Haven't seen anything before the PlayStation 2 aside from Game Boy/Game Boy Color games in years at either location. Though I was able to find Dreamcast games more often at EB before they merged with GS. :\

I guess I could take advantage and snatch up Pokemon Puzzle League, Mischief Makers, and Banjo-Kazooie.

[quote name='Tsukento']I guess I could take advantage and snatch up Pokemon Puzzle League, Mischief Makers, and Banjo-Kazooie.[/QUOTE]

I can't vouch for PPL (Is that the Tetris Attack clone?) or Banjo Kazooie (but I've heard good things), but if you don't own Mischief Makers freakin' get it.

I know they don't have them all, but there are some PS1 and Dreamcast game's listed on GS's site (didn't see N64/NES). Check the link in my sig to find out how to search to see where to find them in actual stores if you don't know how yet.

i guess this is localized or what? YMMV? please add to title of thread if it is i remember there was another thread same situations were people reported that the promo wasnt for all the stores. this could be just that 1 store trying to get rid of all of them and the managers got permission from their dm to cut the price in half to save shipping them to warehouse or to another store.

It has to be localized. I was visiting my Dad in Cleveland a couple months ago and they were doing it then. Where I am, they have NEVER done it. There is one around me that has somewhere around 1000 PS1 and N64 games. They have TONS. I wish they were doing this.

[quote name='phear3d']i guess this is localized or what? YMMV? please add to title of thread if it is i remember there was another thread same situations were people reported that the promo wasnt for all the stores. this could be just that 1 store trying to get rid of all of them and the managers got permission from their dm to cut the price in half to save shipping them to warehouse or to another store.[/quote]

It's not just 1 store, there are 4 that I've been to so far that have had knowledge of this. All 4 stores aren't in the same district either.

If they're willing, get your store to call one of these and ask about it:

Babbage's #96
(919)787-8910

EB Games #4802
(252)212-5603

Both of these locations seemed certain that this was supposed to be chain-wide.

I'd love for this sale to be true, but my GS/EB always takes the stance that the majority of CAGers has experienced so far.

I wish my Local GS/EB still Had Dreamcast games. When They thinned out older games years back, They were the first to go. :cry: Damn Shame. A friend of mine just bought his Son a New in the Box DC on Ebay for Christmas. The Dream is still alive!

Most eb/GS in my hood dont carry them anymore, sux bad.

The ones that do carry the games have like 800 copies of Madden 99 and Nascar 98

Can someone that works at EB/GS confirm that this is actually nationwide? I know of a store that has tons of Breath of Fire IV/Persona II copies, but it takes an hour to get there.

[quote name='Dranakin']I haven't seen anything older than this last generation at any EBs around me.[/QUOTE]

chances are they all got sent to one GS or EB in your county. Most of the EB/GS stores in los angeles county do not have the older generation(only ps2, xbox, gamecube or newer) but a few do have the ps1/ds/n64/snes/nes games as well.

This was definitely not valid at my store, HOWEVER I was quite surprised to see that my store had a NEW load of PS1 games in.... including Silent Hill for $7.99 :D Also several copies of Final Fantasy VIII at $14.99 (not worth it since you can buy a new GH copy for that price).

The cashier told me that they had got them in from another store.

B2G1 + 10% off Edge card = sweetness

Well Ive come to a conclusion that this deal is YMMV to the EXTREME and may be to the point where only the OP's store is the only one doing this. I would list this deal under his store only.

Other than that, thanks OP for reporting about this as it was definately something worth checking out for sure. Too bad its not a national thing :(

[quote name='kosmos13x']Well Ive come to a conclusion that this deal is YMMV to the EXTREME and may be to the point where only the OP's store is the only one doing this. I would list this deal under his store only.

Other than that, thanks OP for reporting about this as it was definately something worth checking out for sure. Too bad its not a national thing :([/quote]

It apparently is YMMV, but if you would read the thread you'd see that it isn't just a single store doing it. One other person has reported to have found a store with the deal(PA), so this isn't exclusive to my area(NC). Hopefully someone who works for EB can come up with some definitive information.

I went to various eb/GS in Los Angeles and all were completely lacking any ps1 or dreamcast products. However 1 store had recieved many of ps1/DC items but the manager said that he had just recieved them and that he wasn't allowed to sell them.

I ended up traveling there, where I found out that this is null and void in Maine stores.

Did get the B2G1 on rare games though.

[quote name='Blade']I ended up traveling there, where I found out that this is null and void in Maine stores.

Did get the B2G1 on rare games though.[/quote]

Thats because Maine sucks... I lived there until this summer and let me tell you its nice to get all the deals here in CA.;)

bread's done
Back