Namco Museum: Virtual Arcade

Nice, it says you can install the XBLA games to the hard drive and play them like normal. Most of which I never got around to buying yet.
This sounds like a definite purchase for me.

I'm pleased to see Bosconian on there. It has been left out of most versions of Namco Museum after the PS1 original, and the standalone version that plugs directly into a TV was badly done. (No voice effects, for starters.)

So this is definitely worth getting when it turns up cheap.

If it works as described in the review, I'm curious why Namco's implementing to keep people from borrowing the disc from a friend or rent it to simply downloading the XBLA games.

I don't know why they don't create bundles on XBLA for those that prefer to download. I really want both Pacman CE and Galaga Legions..if they had them both bundled with a few other games for a 30 dollar price tag, I would probably bite. Win-win for both sides.

Nice collection but I wish these were all XBLA. It kinda sux to have to break out a disc for games that are relatively pick-up-and-play quickies.

fuckin' Super Pac Man. Awesome. I've been waiting for that to hit XBLA or any compilation for that matter. Unfortunately I already own most of the other XBLA games. I wish you could rip the non XBLA games to the hard drive.

I'll definitely pick it up on sale somewhere for Super Pac alone.

[quote name='Chuplayer']If they let you use a steering wheel with the Pole Positions, I'm gonna freak out.[/quote]

OMG you read my mind! I need to put my steering wheel to good use.

Even though I got a bunch of games next week, I'm sure I'll get this. It'll be a good pick up and play when I need a break from the shooters and such.

You need the disc in the tray in order to play the titles that already appear on the XBLA.

The titles that don't appear on the XBLA don't have any Achievements, and I don't think they have any leaderboards...

Only the XBLA games will show up in your Arcade Blade.
The other non-XBLA games have to be played directly off the disc.
$25 new at half.com

I heard conflicting things about the XBLA games. The link at the top of this thread said they could be installed to the HD but everything else I've seen doesn't say that. If that's so, that sucks.

bread's done
Back