NamcoBandai/Digital River shipping Ni No Kuni Strat Guides CONFIRMATION. More inside.

ElvinWasHere

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Apologies if this has been discussed already but I haven't seen a separate thread for it (Not even sure if this is considered a 'deal', but anyways...)

Namco Bandai / Digital River will begin shipping Ni No Kuni Strategy Guides for all individuals affected by the Wizard's Edition mishap. I received this in my email today. My SPAM e-mail mind you..

Dear Customer:

NAMCO BANDAI would like to thank you for your patience while we diligently worked to gather all of the details surrounding the Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch – Wizard’s Edition situation.

While it is unfortunate that we will not be able to send you a replacement Wizard’s Edition, you will however be receiving a Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch strategy guide.

The 400-page, hard-bound strategy guide contains a full walk-through of the game, concept-art from Studio Ghibli, interviews with key members of the development team, and exclusive access to unlock the in-game Gold Hurly familiar.

We expect to begin shipping the guides out the week of February 18th. There is absolutely nothing additional you need to do to receive your strategy guide –it will simply be sent directly to you.

In the meantime, if you have any questions, please contact NAMCO BANDAI’S customer service department at (408) 235-2222 or (888) 776-2626.

Sincerely,

NAMCO BANDAI Games America

NOTE: Please do not reply to this email. It was sent from an address that does not accept incoming messages. If you have questions, please contact NAMCO BANDAI’S customer service department at (408) 235-2222 or (888) 776-2626.

EDIT:
The email is from
NAMCO BANDAI Games America [email protected]

Subject:
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch strategy guide on the way

Last edited by a moderator:
yeh found it in Spam folder as well. Sounds like the basic edition, not the hard cover Collector's edition. Though I guess it is still something for free which they did not have to do so I should quit my whining haha.

subject title is "Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch strategy guide on the way". It was also in my SPAM folder.

FYI, the email is from [email protected]
Every email I've previously received from Namco was from a Digital River domain.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']subject title is "Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch strategy guide on the way". It was also in my SPAM folder.

FYI, the email is from [email protected]
Every email I've previously received from Namco was from a Digital River domain.[/QUOTE]

Added to original post. Thanks

[quote name='Gosha']Hmmm... need to check if I got one.

EDIT* Yep! In the spam folder.[/QUOTE]

Same, in my spamalicious folder.

I got mine about an hour ago. UPS delivered it. The return address is to "Cinram" in TN but does have Namco mentioned. Hopefully DR gets kicked to the curb.

I did not receive any official confirmation or shipping email aside from that generic email that "I" would get one (no ref to my order or name). I wonder if I'll get more as several orders were canceled.

The corners aren't sharp but not that bent. There are a few air holes in the plastic on the top part of the book were top of the pages are but no rips in the plastic.

The return address on the Wizard's Edition itself was to Cinram also. I'm guessing that's part of the reason this whole mess happened. You have Namco Bandai publishing, DR handling the website and taking orders, and then an entirely different company, Cinram, processing and shipping the orders. It's not really surprising there was a disconnect along the way.

How did they pack these? I read elsewhere that they just put the guide in a big box without no padding or protection at all.

[quote name='Vinny']How did they pack these? I read elsewhere that they just put the guide in a big box without no padding or protection at all.[/QUOTE]

Big box with some air bags on top. Not much protection at all but my guide came in great shape.

The packaging was better than Amazon's when they don't plastic seal books to a cardboard backing.

Again that email was generic and did not reference a specific order # so I don't even consider it confirmation that people will get guides

Mine came in today too.

Feb 25, Los Angeles.

Sent from NamcoDR Lavergne, TN - CinRam (Whatever that is)

EDIT: Looking at the packing slip in the box, says it was shipped on Feb 19. So took almost a week to get here.

bread's done
Back