Name an Xbox game with the worst graphics

Xevious

CAGiversary!
I recently tried out Ghost Recon and I was shocked how bad the graphics are. I think the graphics are from 1995 or something.

Anyways, I would not have bought the game if I knew how bad the graphics are. Can you guys name other xbox games with bad graphics?

Intellivision Lives!

But hoestly, in my collection I'd have to say it's Deathrow. It's a very fun game especialy in multiplayer, but the graphics are kind of underwhelming.

^ Are you kidding about deathrow? What exactly did you find bad about the graphics? Anyway, Metal dungeon, and black stone magic and steel or whatever have pretty poor graphics. I was also dissapointed with how crappy the graphics and animations were in counter strike.

New Legends seemed to have a running theme in its reviews of looking suspiciously like a N64 game that had been redirected to the Xbox with little investment in upgrading the engine.

Roller Coaster Tycoon, piss poor graphics, piss poor game. All in all the two work well together, sadly the game does not work well with videogame players that like games that aren't complete trash.

[quote name='jughead']somebody please back me up... other than the character designs counterstrike's graphics blow.[/quote]

Counter-Strike is using the original Half-Life engine, I believe. So yeah, the graphics suck.

For the load times in Morrowind, the graphics are somewhat disapointing, even though I think that the graphics engine could do so much more.

[quote name='kaji7p56']
Counter-Strike is using the original Half-Life engine, I believe. So yeah, the graphics suck.[/quote]

Acording to an article in OXM the graphics were enhanced for Xbox, but it's still running on the original engine.

BTW the Half-Life engine is an enhanced version of the original Quake engine. So technically Counterstrike is a mod of a mod.

I haven't come across the worst graphics in an Xbox game just yet. I think that the worst I've come across is Tetris Worlds, which is not only a waste of the Xbox's abillities, but nothing was done to the game to make it look presentable. It's so stale.

I was disappointed by the visuals in Amped. I thought there was going to be a good level of bump-mapping and lighting effects, since it was an Xbox launch title, and you would have thought the developers would have added a little more pop to the game. But it looks very plain, compared to the vibrant and lively SSX series.

As for what I've heard what the worst looking Xbox titles were, I think Pulse Racer, Stake, Smashing Drive and Aquaman were said to look like ass.

i'll give morrowind the okay for not being that great because it's huge. that and it's not awful, just could have been better.

While it's true that Ghost Recon is severely lacking in kick-ass graphics, it totally makes up for it in gameplay. I have probably put more hours into that game than Halo or KOTOR or Burnout 2 (which is another underrated game, imo). And I don't even have Live. I just can't stop playing this game. I've beaten all of the missions on all of the different difficulty levels and have unlocked almost everything ( a few of the solo levels are really damn hard).

All I'm saying is don't write it off because of its poor graphics -- there's a killer game to be found.

And to get back to the topic, I thought that Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen had some craptastic graphics.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']No one agrees with Stake? I must be the only fan of such severe gamecrap.[/quote]

No, I agree whole heartedly with you on this one. I was just about to say it myself when i read your post. Not to mention the worst graphics I have seen in a game, Stake has the worst everything. It is the worst game I have ever bought. Another that I agree with that somebody else said is Metal Dungeon.

[quote name='epobirs']New Legends seemed to have a running theme in its reviews of looking suspiciously like a N64 game that had been redirected to the Xbox with little investment in upgrading the engine.[/quote]

First game I thought of too. Anyone who has been unfortunate enough to see it would agree. It would even look poor for a N64 game! Blechhh.

What the hell is up with the graphics in the Chronicles of Riddick? I was amazed at how they go from REALLY GREAT to REALLY HORRIBLE on the fly.

[quote name='roflmao']While it's true that Ghost Recon is severely lacking in kick-ass graphics, it totally makes up for it in gameplay. I have probably put more hours into that game than Halo or KOTOR or Burnout 2 (which is another underrated game, imo). And I don't even have Live. I just can't stop playing this game. I've beaten all of the missions on all of the different difficulty levels and have unlocked almost everything ( a few of the solo levels are really damn hard).

All I'm saying is don't write it off because of its poor graphics -- there's a killer game to be found.
[/quote]

Ok...Maybe I'll give it another chance based on your review.

bread's done
Back