Name some of the games you enjoyed that generally got bad reviews...

torneko!!!!

i cant believe psm gave this a 1 out of 10, i admit its nothing groundbreaking oramazing, butits a fun dungeon crawler

Robotic Alchemic Drive. It only got 7.7 from Ign. The game is amazing. It captures the essence of older anime that was about giant robots fighting giant aliens. (Grandizer, Gigantor, Voltron, Getter Robo) terrible dialog and even worse voice acting and an amazing story makes this game a real gem. (Not being sarcastic the awful dialog/actors really do make the game a classic)

r1s3n

Dino Crisis 3, for some reason bad camera angles in the resident evil games and this game never really bothered me that much, but it would've been a lot better if they chose to have good camera system.

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']halo was really bad!

just kidding! just kidding! :lol:[/quote]

I did the same thing about overrated games, and was told I would die! Some people just have no sense of humor.

I-Ninja

Not that bad of a gamerankings score (75%) but personally this is one of my favorite games on the Xbox. You even get a sense of progression through sword upgrades.

Pac Man World 2

Didn't get horrid reviews, 69% gamerankings score. But I found it to be a surprisingly fun platformer, with some bad camera issues.

I've enjoyed a few that have been panned. Master of Orion 3 on the PC got ok marks from some mags, got blasted in others, lot of MOO fans thought it was crap, but I like it. I still have a game going that I started shortly after it came out. I think I'm on turn 510 or so.

Time Killers in the arcade was a great game to me and most of my friends, yet it got destroyed in reviews. That horrible Genesis port didn't help any, either.

Then there was another fighting game on Sega Saturn that I think was called Battle Monsters. The kindest reviews give it a 7 out of 10, average review gives it a 2 or 3. It's one of those games that succeeds in being so bad, it's actually good.

I really like the Star Trek: Armada series, and those games did not get the best reviews. I also really like Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee, but it got mixed reviews.

Ninja Assault.

I can't believe sites like IGN completely wrote this game off. This is an arcade gun game...WTF more do you want?

I was so reluctant to get the $20 gun combo cause I just kept seeing so many bad reviews, but this game is awesome.

I enjoyed Might and Magic VIII and Might and Magic IX, though the critics hated VIII and absolutely, positively detested IX.

Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits - it wasn't panned, but most critics seemed to think it was just average - I thought it was great. Bebedora alone made it worth the purchase.

Disciples of Steel - an old, turn-based role playing game in the spirit of Pools of Radiance. It even made it into at least one '100 worst games of all time' lists that I've seen. It wasn't great, but it I enjoyed it and finished it.

Been playing Rogue Ops recently after picking it up for 10 bucks and I am enjoying this game. Got something like a 65% average at gamerankings. Not the best game ever but still pretty fun.

bread's done
Back