Name this Saturn Accessory - please!

Roufuss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
102 (100%)
And tell me what it does - I already got screwed once selling a Saturn accessory on Ebay that I couldn't test and just read the internet for, don't want to make the same mistake twice.

If you want it, I'll sell it dirt cheap too ;)

WHAT IS THIS?

I *think* it's a memory card but I have no idea - thanks!!

[quote name='evilmax17']Yup, looks like a memory card for an import Saturn. Not sure if it's first/third party though.[/QUOTE]

Will it work on US Saturn's, or just import ones?

Might want to do a google image search or scan import shops for first party Japanese Saturn memory cards. I don't know if third party cards would be allowed to use the Saturn logo like that ... then again, I don't know Japanese trademark laws ... but the Index with the bunch of lines on the cartridge label itself doesn't seem very Sega-like to me.

[quote name='diaeresis']Might want to do a google image search or scan import shops for first party Japanese Saturn memory cards. I don't know if third party cards would be allowed to use the Saturn logo like that ... then again, I don't know Japanese trademark laws ... but the Index with the bunch of lines on the cartridge label itself doesn't seem very Sega-like to me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I agree... but if I remember right, the memory cards were always black (maybe different in Japan though). The 5-in-1 carts (memory card, game shark, RAM, import player, and something else) are grey. That's a japanese logo though, for sure. You would think the lines would mean that at least one of its functions would be as a memory card (to list game saves.. pretty common thing for memory cards).

If it ends up being one of those multi-purpose cards.. they used to fetch a decent amount on Ebay. I mean.. it's basically an easy way to import without having to open up the system and sauter a chip.

[quote name='diaeresis']Might want to do a google image search or scan import shops for first party Japanese Saturn memory cards. I don't know if third party cards would be allowed to use the Saturn logo like that ... then again, I don't know Japanese trademark laws ... but the Index with the bunch of lines on the cartridge label itself doesn't seem very Sega-like to me.[/QUOTE]

I scanned for information on something else I was selling before, and actually got wrong information on it which resulted in me getting my first neutral on Ebay - buyer wasn't too upset since I only charged $2 for it.

I don't want to make the same mistake this time - if a good explanation of exactly what this is doesn't come up, it'll get junked, simple as that.

It's definitely not a 4 in 1 though because I have one of those, and this doesn't look remotely like it. Not sure if it's a 5 in 1.

Like I said, if anyone wants it, I'm not really picky about price, I just have no way to currently test this.

bread's done
Back