Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution - Best Wii Fighter of the Year - IGN: 8.4 - Oct. 23

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Yeah, that's the best situation the roster would have. We'll have to wait for someone to get the game to see how many characters are on the roster in total.[/quote]

i've been reading around online, and everyone says that the game wasn't in stores today, like it was said to be. i also checked around (lol... i'm impatient) circuitcity doesn't even have it online, while target says it'll be availible on the 26th, wal-mart/bestbuy say out on the 24th, and toys'r'us says backordered.

I got mine and Zack and Wiki at Gamestop today. Having played it for a few hours I have to say that I am loving it so far

The story mode confirms a few things.

The Third Hokage appears only as a cut out during the voiced story sections. His whole fight is skipped over. No Choji, No Kabuto.

I have only beat the story on Genin level so who knows maybe more can be unlocked but I can say with great confidence that the list of playable characters is

Naruto
Sakura
Sasuke
Kakashi
Tenten
Neji
Rock Lee
Gaara
Temari
Kankuro
Kiba
Hinata
Shikamaru
Ino
Might Guy
Jiraiya
Tsunade
Orochimaru
Kisame
Itachi
This list of 21 disproves the back of the box saying 20 characters. Maybe there will be more but I sorely doubt it

Graphically the game looks fantastic. There are some sound issues for example the hit sounds cutting out at random intervals when too much is going on and the slowdown when thre are 4 characters on screen.

The controls work great and the minigames while limited are fun at least.

OMG I completely forgot to mention that. The shadows all look like Twilight warp portal barf.

And also scratch Kiba. He IS NOT in the game.

So they weren't kidding.

20 characters exactly.

[quote name='Legendaryhedgehog06']OMG I completely forgot to mention that. The shadows all look like Twilight warp portal barf.

And also scratch Kiba. He IS NOT in the game.

So they weren't kidding.

20 characters exactly.[/quote]

nooo! have u beaten the game?!?

how could they leave out some of the characters!?! especially kiba, who had his ass handed to him by Naruto. and no Chouji, Haku, or Zabuza either? but they have Ino?!!?

Yeah, I've beaten the game on Genin at least. From what I have seen and from what othr experiences I have read about around the interweb Kiba is out. No Choji, no Third. Just everyone that should have ben in GNT 2 plus the remaining 2 Saanin and Itachi and Kisame.

I guess they took Haku and Zabuza out because they didn't have anything new to contribute and they've been in the last two GNT games in the US.

I wonder why noone has updated wikipedia's character line-up page yet... Anywho, that line-up is dissapointing. Its odd why they would take completely good and unique characters out like haku and zabuza. Zabuza was my main too.

[quote name='Masterkyo']It should be Naruto: Clash of Ninja 3 right ?? It continue when GC version left off ??[/quote]
No. New console, new name. Clash of Ninja 3 would've came out on the GC if it did come out, since the naming's based on the Japanese versions of the series.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']This game is hard to find. I went to CC, BB, and Fry's and found nothing. I'll have to try EB or GS and see what I can come up with.[/quote]

i heard ebgames/gamestop has it, but in extremley limited quantities. i wonder why its taking so long for this game to get to stores when its supposed to be big for D3 (since i'm sure naruto is the source for 90% of their income)

[quote name='WiiGame']i heard ebgames/gamestop has it, but in extremley limited quantities. i wonder why its taking so long for this game to get to stores when its supposed to be big for D3 (since i'm sure naruto is the source for 90% of their income)[/quote]
They managed to have a few copies, so I got one today after all. :)

What the hell? No Chouji? He's a pretty main character, and that really sucks about Zabuza.

Why is it that the Clash of Ninja series always feels so gimped? Hell Ultimate Ninja 2 has about 30 characters, I always think they should try cramming in as many characters as they can in my opinion. When Ultimate Ninja 3 comes out with 50+ characters or something like that than this roster will look even more pitiful.

They did a good job with GNT3 and GNT4, killing clones and adding new elements into gameplay. Its a shame neither was ported over.

[quote name='yukine']What the hell? No Chouji? He's a pretty main character, and that really sucks about Zabuza.

Why is it that the Clash of Ninja series always feels so gimped? Hell Ultimate Ninja 2 has about 30 characters, I always think they should try cramming in as many characters as they can in my opinion. When Ultimate Ninja 3 comes out with 50+ characters or something like that than this roster will look even more pitiful.[/quote]
I can't say having a smaller roster than the Ultimate Ninja games is a bad thing, as CoN's well-balanced and extremely enjoyable.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I can't say having a smaller roster than the Ultimate Ninja games is a bad thing, as CoN's well-balanced and extremely enjoyable.[/quote]
Is it? I haven't played it yet, but I thought the previous games weren't all that great.

I was looking forward to 3 and 4 to come out because I've always heard those are the best.

so is this game worth buying? do the people who have it think its fun?

i haven't been hearing anything good really about the game in other forums + toysrus won't ship it until the 31st at least and then it'll take another 5 days to come.

[quote name='WiiGame']so is this game worth buying? do the people who have it think its fun?

i haven't been hearing anything good really about the game in other forums + toysrus won't ship it until the 31st at least and then it'll take another 5 days to come.[/quote]
I'd say it's definitely worth buying if you are either a Naruto fan or want a great fighting game for the Wii.

I'm trying out control schemes right now to see if they work. Just tried out the Wii Remote only scheme and while it works, it's definitely not what anyone but masochists or those without any other option will use.

Edit: For those interested, the entire user interface is GNT 3 through and through.

Any option for Japanese voices instead of US dubbed voices? I kinda miss GNT4 and wouldn't mind having this to sorta replace it.

[quote name='daroga']Any option for Japanese voices instead of US dubbed voices? I kinda miss GNT4 and wouldn't mind having this to sorta replace it.[/quote]
Nope.

Beat the mission mode, which wasn't too hard. It was probably easier than GNT3 because of the language barrier. I like the alternate stages (like the back of Orochimaru's snake that you can knock your opponent into, so I'm hoping I can unlock those to start in.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I'd say it's definitely worth buying if you are either a Naruto fan or want a great fighting game for the Wii.

I'm trying out control schemes right now to see if they work. Just tried out the Wii Remote only scheme and while it works, it's definitely not what anyone but masochists or those without any other option will use.

Edit: For those interested, the entire user interface is GNT 3 through and through.[/quote]
hmm.. good enough for me...lol.

anyways...for the Wii mote on its own do u get to use motion sensing? I have 2 Wiimotes, but only 1 nunchuck..so i was wondering about that (also have 2 GC controllers for 4 player action!).

oh ya FriskyTanuki - i saw your name when i first joined CAG a few months ago and instantly knew that you probably like Naruto. I mean, who else would know what a Tanuki is? ;)

[quote name='WiiGame']hmm.. good enough for me...lol.

anyways...for the Wii mote on its own do u get to use motion sensing? I have 2 Wiimotes, but only 1 nunchuck..so i was wondering about that (also have 2 GC controllers for 4 player action!).

oh ya FriskyTanuki - i saw your name when i first joined CAG a few months ago and instantly knew that you probably like Naruto. I mean, who else would know what a Tanuki is? ;)[/quote]
It uses it for deflecting shuriken and some stuff with specials, though I didn't play much more than a few rounds in the training mode to just test it out.

There are two modes for Remote + Nunchuck, which one lets you use the motion control for the remote to do weak attacks while the other moves that to the down button. You'll know when you do the motion stuff correctly for specials, as you'll hear cool sound effects in the remote's speakers when you do it right.

I'd say either Classic or GC controller would be the best scheme of them all, though the remote's nunchuck's fine once you can get used to it.

The name's not from that, though it's a nice bonus. ;) It comes from the tudio Ghibli movie, Pom Poko.

[quote name='harunim']Should I get this or the Naruto: Rise of ninja for xbox360?

What are the differences?? Any experts??[/quote]
Rise of Ninja's an action game with a fighting minigame while Clash of Ninja Revolution's a fully-fledged fighting game, so it depends on what you want.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Rise of Ninja's an action game with a fighting minigame while Clash of Ninja Revolution's a fully-fledged fighting game, so it depends on what you want.[/QUOTE]

I see.. Thanks.

Do you know how far in episode wise this game covers?

[quote name='harunim']I see.. Thanks.

Do you know how far in episode wise this game covers?[/quote]
It goes from the end of the Chuunin Exam to the end of the Search for Tsunade arc, which is roughly 60-100 if I remember correctly.

i finally got this game... my first naruto game... and i'm dissapointed cause it sucks. it feels so repetitive and the mission mode is poorly done.

hopefully budokai tenkaichi 3 wont dissapoint. BT2 told the story well.

bread's done
Back