Naruto: The Broken Bond - Gen. Discussion & Info

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
Update 7/16: Press release and trailer.
Description
Building on the success of NARUTO: Rise of a Ninja, this new action adventure takes the story to a deeper level within the Naruto Universe. Now a respected ninja, Naruto evolves into a mature and strong hero. However, with his new status comes responsibility, and Naruto will soon find himself surrounded by conflict. Forced to relive bitter memories, Naruto's best friend Sasuke strikes out on a self-destructive quest for power. Now with the help of his friends, Naruto must confront Sasuke and save him before it's too late. Team up with multiple characters, explore open 3D environments and challenge some of the fiercest enemies from the NARUTO Universe. Exclusively on the Xbox 360 LIVE video game and entertainment system from Microsoft.
Key Features

• Play as a respected and heroic ninja: Enjoy being a hero and benefit from the newly acquired status gained from saving the village.
  • Discover the importance of teamwork: An all-new feature to the series, use the abilities of your ninja teammates to overcome bigger obstacles and join forces in tag battles. Players can now team-up with multiple characters from the Naruto universe when in combat and throughout their heroic adventure.
  • Explore rich open environments: Following the attack of the Sound and Sand ninja, participate in the reconstruction of the Hidden Leaf Village: enjoy its depth from a new perspective, adding a new level of detail never reached before in a NARUTO game. Outside of the village, discover remote locations and enjoy making your journey through vibrant and imaginatively detailed settings.
  • Witness and be a part of the series' most epic battles: Engage in battle with some of the fiercest characters from the NARUTO Universe, and use new techniques and jutsu to defeat your enemies.
  • Take your teamwork skills online: With the only NARUTO game to feature online multiplayer, you can now choose among 25 characters and play alongside friends and defeat other teams online via Xbox LIVE. Take your skills a step further and compete in online tournament mode.
  • Live in an authentic Naruto world: Relive the best moments of the anime, adventure through the open village of Konoha, and enjoy voice-acting and music from the original series.
http://www.saiyanisland.com/naruto/?n=games/BrokenBond

[quote name='zewone']

Official trailer:

http://www.pro-gamers.fr/index.php/News/E3-La-premier-trailer-de-Naruto-The-Broken-Bond.html

Gameplay video (VERY SLOW LOADING):

http://www.gamekyo.com/video12300_naruto-the-broken-bond-premiere-video-de-gameplay.html

Today at the Electronic Entertainment Expo, Ubisoft announced the development of NARUTO™: The Broken Bond, the sequel to NARUTO™: Rise of a Ninja and the second game under the licensing agreement with TV TOKYO Corporation and SHUEISHA Inc. NARUTO™: The Broken Bond, a game based on the world-renowned Naruto anime series, is exclusive to the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, and will be available in North America, Europe, Hong Kong, Singapore and Taiwan for Christmas 2008.

Building on the success of Ubisoft’s Naruto™: Rise of a Ninja, this sequel features Naruto, who has now evolved into a well-respected Ninja, but his new status and abilities trigger the envy of his best friend and Ninja teammate, Sasuke. The enemy of the village, Orochimaru, takes advantage of the situation and convinces Sasuke to leave his friends and village in order to join his evil clan and become more powerful. With the help of his Ninja friends, Naruto goes on a quest to retrieve Sasuke and save him. NARUTO™: The Broken Bond is also the only Naruto video game, other than Naruto™: Rise of a Ninja that features an online multiplayer mode which allows players to compete against others in an online tournament mode.

“Featuring vibrant and imaginatively detailed settings, NARUTO™: The Broken Bond will take players on an epic journey through an accurately recreated Naruto world,” said Christian Salomon, vice president of worldwide licensing at Ubisoft. We’re excited to continue in the Naruto™: Rise of a Ninja tradition, boasting the only video game in the franchise that features an online multiplayer mode that lets players compete against their friends in tournaments over the Xbox LIVE®, online entertainment network, and also gives players the opportunity to relive genuine moments of the anime, while exploring the open universe of Naruto.”
I can't wait.[/quote]

------------

Note: this hasn't been officially confirmed by Ubisoft:

Despite the fact that the newest of the Naruto games won't be coming to the 360, that doesn't mean that the franchise has left the console forever. According to several newly posted pages on a few different websites, we've got word of a new Naruto 360 project, apparently entitled Broken Bond. Supposedly set for release in November, Broken Bond deals with the rivalry between Naruto and the character Sasuke and is thought to be a continuation of the earlier 360 game Rise of the Ninja.
http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/07/03/another-naruto-game-on-the-way-broken-bond/

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Great another game that will cause My little brother to hustle my mother out of $60+ bucks.Then he will play it for a few hours and put it back on the shelf

The first Naruto was beautiful.

i liked the first one, hopefully this will be better in every way and maybe bring it to the end of naruto so we can get our shippuuden already

but fuck man, ninja storm looks great

As long as it's less repetitive and less buggy, I'll check it out. I swear the first one had to have been built by the Assassin's Creed team alongside Assassin's Creed because both games had the same issues and qualities.

The platforming was fine in ROAN, but please fix the combat. I dont know how they managed to create a boring and yet cheap system at the same time. Online consists of you vs Gaara, him knock you back and then tier 3 jutsu repeated to infinity. The jutsu and hand to hand were both bad, compared to the PS3 Naruto fighting system this has a ways to go.

Naruto Rise of a Ninja was good for the first...3 hours (which is about as long as the story mode I think). After that I could really care less about it. I'm not doing those stupid side missions and such. It really is like Assassin's Creed though. 4 main things 100 times.

Also, the final boss is BS.
You also don't get an achievement for it. You get an achievement for beating the boss before the final boss. Makes no sense

I just finished Rise the other day. It was pretty fun running around sometimes. I'm glad they're going to continue the story in the sequel.

[quote name='Nathan_Sama']but, but, I LOVE assassin's creed Tanuki![/quote]
So do I, but it wasn't without its faults. It was buggy (froze a few times and framerate issues at times) and repetitive (wasn't as much of an issue to me as it was to some), which can also be said for Rise of a Ninja, as well, but I enjoyed playing through that, too.

Official trailer:

http://www.pro-gamers.fr/index.php/News/E3-La-premier-trailer-de-Naruto-The-Broken-Bond.html

Gameplay video (VERY SLOW LOADING):

http://www.gamekyo.com/video12300_naruto-the-broken-bond-premiere-video-de-gameplay.html

Today at the Electronic Entertainment Expo, Ubisoft announced the development of NARUTO™: The Broken Bond, the sequel to NARUTO™: Rise of a Ninja and the second game under the licensing agreement with TV TOKYO Corporation and SHUEISHA Inc. NARUTO™: The Broken Bond, a game based on the world-renowned Naruto anime series, is exclusive to the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, and will be available in North America, Europe, Hong Kong, Singapore and Taiwan for Christmas 2008.

Building on the success of Ubisoft’s Naruto™: Rise of a Ninja, this sequel features Naruto, who has now evolved into a well-respected Ninja, but his new status and abilities trigger the envy of his best friend and Ninja teammate, Sasuke. The enemy of the village, Orochimaru, takes advantage of the situation and convinces Sasuke to leave his friends and village in order to join his evil clan and become more powerful. With the help of his Ninja friends, Naruto goes on a quest to retrieve Sasuke and save him. NARUTO™: The Broken Bond is also the only Naruto video game, other than Naruto™: Rise of a Ninja that features an online multiplayer mode which allows players to compete against others in an online tournament mode.

“Featuring vibrant and imaginatively detailed settings, NARUTO™: The Broken Bond will take players on an epic journey through an accurately recreated Naruto world,” said Christian Salomon, vice president of worldwide licensing at Ubisoft. We’re excited to continue in the Naruto™: Rise of a Ninja tradition, boasting the only video game in the franchise that features an online multiplayer mode that lets players compete against their friends in tournaments over the Xbox LIVE®, online entertainment network, and also gives players the opportunity to relive genuine moments of the anime, while exploring the open universe of Naruto.”

I can't wait.

Looks better than the first but the fighting elements are still meh compared to the PS3 one.

I picked this up for $40 at BB a few months back and I loved it. I have never seen an episode of Naruto but loved the cell-shading and semi-open world gameplay. The game was fun as hell and looked GORGEOUS! The story was typical anime stuff but the game was such a breath of fresh air, really light-hearted and colorful. I was really hoping for a sequel and am so happy that Ubi is once again at the helm, they successfully created a very "American" game based firmly in Japanese tradition, no easy task.

Seriously, if you haven't played the first one and are feeling the summer drought pick Rise of a Ninja up, it rules, even for non-Naruto fans.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']If rise of the ninja was so AMAZING, then why were the reviews just "good".

And is Ultimate Ninja storm is the sequel?[/quote]

You must miss out on alot of great games. Broken bonds is the sequel to Rise of a ninja.

[quote name='Metalic']You must miss out on alot of great games. Broken bonds is the sequel to Rise of a ninja.[/quote]

I'm definitely interested in picking up Rise of a Ninja after reading this thread and playing Ultimate Ninja Storm demo. Is the fighting similar?

This is a great demo. You can really see they upped the ante from the first ROAN game. The character models are a lot better face wise, and have nice model details (notice howNnaruto's shirt kicks up when he does an uppercut, that's an in-depth model!), and the QTE segments are very well thought out and illustrated.

It's a VERY well done westernized version of an eastern product. I just played the demo to Ultimate Ninja Storm last night (thanks to a kioske in Target), and I think this game actually is equal to it in fun, and presentation, in it's own way. In some ways I'd say it surpasses it.

And it's great to see the First and Second Hokage's in this game ^_^ After playing them both in Ultimate Ninja 3, I think I always want these guys available as playable characters...

I hate running through rings. Why do games keep doing this? Plus the fighting system is still shitty, I was really hoping they would fix it. Bottom line, I didn't like it very much. Like the first one they include so many elements but don't really nail any of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Naruto demo was pretty good. Seems that they added more to the story fights themselves so it's more like the fights in the anime (Orochimaru summoning the 1st and 2nd Hokage and QTE's for the bigger parts of the fight). The Naruto portion seems to be mostly the same, though they didn't show much of team-based stuff outside of the fights, which don't compare at all to the GNT/CON games. I also hope the new tree-hopping thing (first-person seemed like an odd way to change that) doesn't get as old and tedious as it does in RoaN. I'm not sure why they're going back to the Invasion arc since they mostly finished that with the first game, though I guess they want to better take advantage of the new team-based gameplay.

I'll definitely be renting it ASAP.

I hope DLC is thoroughly tested and free since Namco's Naruto game will be offering all of its DLC for free.

Fighting felt pretty much the same. The jutsu rings seemed slower, and hopefully it's just the demo, but it seemed to want to hold my hand through everything. I really like the tag-out ability, and getting to roam as someone else in your party.

This was a terrible demo. The only good part about it was the backgrounds and the bodies, but once I got a glimpse of the characters' faces, I instantly facepalmed. You ought to see my forehead. After finishing the demo, it is close to bleeding from being smacked so many times.

Running through the trees was pointless. Being unable to survive a swim in water made no sense. Chakra techniques were annoying to pull off. Risk/rewards were unbalanced (fighting a Rebel Leader aka UberBoss for a single health pellet? The fuck?). Everything was unintuitive. The combat is among the worst I've experienced. You just hit X and Y as randomly as possible. Strategy goes out the door.

Interestingly enough, my friend believes the fighting takes so much skill because you can do such amazing things like attack up and attack down, making it so much better than Ultimate Ninja Storm. Perhaps if you're as smart as he is, you'd like it. But I can't see why anyone else would buy this.

I don't usually watch Naruto (but can appreciate it; my friend is a Naruto nut), but I must say from the demo, this game seems kick ass.

I bought the first as a gift for my buddy right when it came out and it seemed ok, but this one seems great.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']This was a terrible demo. The only good part about it was the backgrounds and the bodies, but once I got a glimpse of the characters' faces, I instantly facepalmed. You ought to see my forehead. After finishing the demo, it is close to bleeding from being smacked so many times.

Running through the trees was pointless. Being unable to survive a swim in water made no sense. Chakra techniques were annoying to pull off. Risk/rewards were unbalanced (fighting a Rebel Leader aka UberBoss for a single health pellet? The fuck?). Everything was unintuitive. The combat is among the worst I've experienced. You just hit X and Y as randomly as possible. Strategy goes out the door.

Interestingly enough, my friend believes the fighting takes so much skill because you can do such amazing things like attack up and attack down, making it so much better than Ultimate Ninja Storm. Perhaps if you're as smart as he is, you'd like it. But I can't see why anyone else would buy this.[/quote]
There's no way a platformer with a fighter mode on the side beats out a dedicated fighter. The fighting in this game seems competent enough, but it's not going to beat either of the two other Naruto series since it doesn't focus on the fighting system at all.

If you want to focus on the platforming, it feels like a dumbed-down Sonic game. The running, tree jumping, and regular jumping weren't fun at all. The occasional minigames didn't help either - balancing Naruto wasn't enjoyable.

Perhaps there's a niche here that I'm missing. But if that niche is truly only Naruto fans, they'd be better off just watching the anime.

the cuts scenes were great, the QTE were great too, very unexpected

the fighting is about the same as the 1st, i do like that you can call your other teammates in
it'd be nice if they added 4 player mode like GNT series, or if the fighting was free roaming like Ninja storm, i also like the way that you perform the justus but hate the charging of it

i loved it, i'm a Naruto fan, i do not belive all Naruto games are playable
I do not care if this game started off the same point as the last one ended or just a little earlier
I would not care if they made me steal the forbidden scroll again
since i dont have a PS3, i will be missing out on Ninja storm, but this is a welcome addition
and hopefully this means that the next games will get into Shippuuden

Naruto: The Broken Bond is ass. I had Superman 64 flashbacks during the timed run through rings sequence. And the fighting engine is basic and uninspired. If anyone wants a solid Naruto title, do yourself a favor and pick up Ultimate Ninja Storm.

F-

Anyone planning on grabbing this game in a couple days? I'm still skeptical on the whole thing. The models are terrible, and they're missing Kankuro & Shino. =(

I'll be getting it from Gamefly like I did the first game so I don't have to risk spending my money on a possibly shoddy product like the first game.

I liked the graphics and the gameplay in the demo. The demo I thought was pretty entertaining, and definitely worth a rental. The only thing I found to be kind of shoddy was the FPS. Did anyone feel any lag at all whenever you were doing special moves? It seemed like it lagged every time I did a combo.

It feels like a button masher, the controls aren't that tight, but all-in-all, fight-wise and gameplay-wise, it's pretty solid.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I'll be getting it from Gamefly like I did the first game so I don't have to risk spending my money on a possibly shoddy product like the first game.[/quote]Same here. After looking at Ultimate Ninja Storm, this game pales in comparison.

Is it better than Rise of a Ninja? Because I'm not even a fan yet I thought that was a gorgeous and fun game... Does this one have the open world and everything like the first one on 360? Can you compare them both? Thanks.

I'll get this eventually...I'm playing the first game now and it is a wonderful game to play when my 360 stops freezing, damn M$. The first person adventure is much better than the fighting/vs mode.

Anybody not able to download the Sasuke costume you get for linking your Ubisoft account to your Live account? I've tried a few times since I got this on Monday and it gives me an error every time.

I'm liking the better variety in where you're going and what you're doing, but I'm sick of all of the filler. I'm 12 hours in and I'm just now heading out after Sasuke. I believe it was about 4 hours of filler from getting Tsunade back to Konoha as Hokage and then taking control of Sasuke as he leaves with Orochimaru's subordinates.

bread's done
Back