Naughty Dog's The Last of Us - Left Behind Single Player DLC Out Now!

people would pay 60 bucks just for upscale looks? I could understand if you never played it would 100 percent be worth it. It's like people that pay 40 bucks -60 bucks for hd remakes of old games they already played. It's nothing more then a money grab from company's and will keep going on if people support it by buying the products.

Last edited by a moderator:
people would pay 60 bucks just for upscale looks? I could understand if you never played it would 100 percent be worth it. It's like people that pay 40 bucks -60 bucks for hd remakes of old games they already played. It's nothing more then a money grab from company's and will keep going on if people support it by buying the products.
Yeah, there's no way any sane person could possibly enjoy replaying a game they loved, especially with some minor improvements. They're mentally unstable imbeciles, the whole lot of them. It's a good thing you are here to educate the ignorant masses on the ways of those damned, evil, corporations. Preach on brother man.

Yeah, there's no way any sane person could possibly enjoy replaying a game they loved, especially with some minor improvements. They're mentally unstable imbeciles, the whole lot of them. It's a good thing you are here to educate the ignorant masses on the ways of those damned, evil, corporations. Preach on brother man.
I guess you never give opinions. Plus that's not what I mean. Hd remakes should be like 20 bucks at the most.

I guess you never give opinions. Plus that's not what I mean. Hd remakes should be like 20 bucks at the most.
Considering HD remakes tend to either be collections or (as of late) more recent games, expecting a $20 price tag is rather absurd. In the case of collections, they can typically sell the original versions of the individual games for around $10 a pop digitally. The more recent releases, the "definitive" or "complete" versions of games, comes as GOTY sort of deals, so of course they would not be that low either. I think you underestimate the amount of work that goes into some of these HD projects.

Or that some of them include versions of the game that were never released in the US with all the extra content, like 'International Version' or 'Final Mix'.

On a site like Cheap Ass Gamer, it's usually a hard sell to make an HD/ultimate version for a high price.  $40 seems right for a PS4 version of this game unless there are a lot of impressive add ons.

I hope there will be a complete edition of "The Last of Us" for the PS3 with all the DLC.  Kind of like "Tomb Raider" did when it was re-released on the PS4. I feel confident to say that "The Last of Us" will be a Greatest Hits title some time down the line.

I'll "rebuy" TLoU if they offer an upgrade option. $10-$20 tp upgrade to the PS4 version sounds good to me. Higher than that...I'll pass.

Yeah I just randomly checked the PSN store online just now and saw the banner.  Was going to post here but looks like news has already spread.

$60 is kind of a joke but I'm happy that it is official now. 

Won't be too hard to wait for a price drop since I already played the game and we will have a ton of stuff to play by summertime.  I can see it falling to sub $30 around Black Friday. 

Even with the $60 price tag its still a day one buy for me. Im gonna trade in my ps3 copy for $24 at BB and put it toward the remastered version. I cant wait to see how it looks on the PS4!

9pp2x1.jpg

It will probably be the first game this gen to release that I'm actually excited about and it's a last gen game. Can't wait to see what it looks like and when the hell its releasing.

And Timbo is still here spouting off his bullshit I see. Nice. Where's WV?!

I'll probably pass unless I get an itch to play it and once it's super cheap--or if it ends up on PS+ in a few years.

WV Matsui got banned ages ago--before the next gen consoles even launched--along with what's his name on the Sony Fanboy side that was always arguing with him.  They got warned a bunch, temp banned a time or two and then got the ax. How they got banned and timbo stays around I'll never understand, but whatever.

Well Tomb Raider looked pretty good after being remastered for PS4 and X1. Just imagine what Naughty Dog can do with The Last of Us  :hot:

It will probably be the first game this gen to release that I'm actually excited about and it's a last gen game. Can't wait to see what it looks like and when the hell its releasing.

And Timbo is still here spouting off his bullshit I see. Nice. Where's WV?!
umm what i did not say anything about this news . lol but i do think it's a joke to charge 60 bucks for hd remakes. tomb raider did the same now it's the last of us. These games should be 40 dollers max.

i said i was done mostly talking on ps4 forums and i stood by my word other then talking here and there and giving my opinion.

Good news for people who upgraded from Xbox 360 to PS4 and never owned a PS3. The game already looked unreal on PS3 so the PS4 version should be very pretty indeed.

umm what i did not say anything about this news . lol but i do think it's a joke to charge 60 bucks for hd remakes. tomb raider did the same now it's the last of us. These games should be 40 dollers max.

i said i was done mostly talking on ps4 forums and i stood by my word other then talking here and there and giving my opinion.
Yeah yeah it was just funny seeing you post about the sales for TLoU. Hadn't seen any of your posts in a long time. And sure $60 for a lot of remakes is too high imo but not for games like this. I'll gladly buy it day one full price. Especially since I never played the DLC.

And if you've never played the game? No question in my mind it's worth $60.

Well Tomb Raider looked pretty good after being remastered for PS4 and X1. Just imagine what Naughty Dog can do with The Last of Us :hot:
Tomb Raider had a PC release though and given how similar the PS4/X1 are to modern PCs, I would think that that would make it easier as they already had high rez textures and whatnot. ND, assuming the game runs at 1080p, would need to go back and replace a ton of textures. And that's just one thing.

Either way, I really wanna see some screens of what it'll look like.

Yeah if you've never played the game this is one game you do not want to miss out on. Might be my favorite game (definitely storywise) this last generation.

I just picked up a PS3 for the first time a few weeks ago. I had planned to wait to get this game(shame on me) since I had Uncharted 2, God of War 3, MGS 4 to keep me busy. It was half off at Toys R Us, so I decided it was too good to pass up. I wanted to finish Uncharted 2 first before starting(i'm nearly finished I think) but I couldn't wait so I decided to play, maybe like an hour, just to see how it was. I ended up playing for 3. I see why TLOU gets the praise it gets. It's an incredible game so far. I'm only about 5 hours in too. This is the best looking game i've seen for PS3 or 360. I'm blown away by how great it looks. I need to try the multiplayer soon. Hopefully it's still active.

13854269294_f27f42e755_z.jpg

"New trophies and a mix of single-player and multiplayer content await you in this DLC drop. Grounded Mode will be the hardest challenge you’ll ever face as you try to complete the single-player campaign of The Last of Us. The AI is relentless, smart, and brutal, and survival will be near impossible. “Completed Grounded Mode” might be one of the most difficult Trophies you’ll ever earn. If you’re not a season pass holder, Grounded Mode will cost $4.99 standalone. "

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/04/16/the-last-of-us-grounded-bundle-detailed/#sf2604583

Grounded mode sounds like it'll be a awesome challenge, I'm hoping it will be unlocked from the start on the ps4.

bread's done
Back