NBA 2K11 PS3 or 360 $40 at Kmart

This is the best sports game I've ever played. It's easily one of the best game I've played this year.

Wow i just sold a lady that game a few hours ago.
Wish I would have known about this so i could have told her to wait a day

[quote name='shurija']I am definitely gonna bite on this. I doubt this game will drop any lower on BF.[/QUOTE]

Didn't Wal-Mart have 2K10 last Black Friday for $20???

I know the deal has not started yet, but I added it to my cart and it said

Online & In Store! Kmart Family & Friends! Extra 10% OFF! -$6.00
I wonder if the 10% is ending today, otherwise game could be even cheaper

[quote name='kobeisgod']I know the deal has not started yet, but I added it to my cart and it said

Online & In Store! Kmart Family & Friends! Extra 10% OFF! -$6.00
I wonder if the 10% is ending today, otherwise game could be even cheaper[/QUOTE]

I'm a big Lakers fan and all but even I think your user name is a little overboard...he's not even the G.O.A.T.:D

[quote name='tmly']I'm a big Lakers fan and all but even I think your user name is a little overboard...he's not even the G.O.A.T.:D[/QUOTE]

Says you ;)

[quote name='NoHo']This is the best sports game I've ever played. It's easily one of the best game I've played this year.[/QUOTE]

Wish I could agree. I bought it a week ago and played it two days and have not touched it since. Do not care for how complicated the controls are...I miss nba 2k when one button push pulled off an offensive move depending on the players rating...its just to hard now with a billion iso moves.

It says on their website 10% off ends nov 7th; I'm assuming end of the day nov 7th (?) so it should still be valid for this game. It says 10% off is online or in-store.

is it time for the xmas return policies yet? seems like a great price for a gift but not if they can't return it after the holidays...

[quote name='shurija']I just added it to my cart to see whats going on with the 10% discount. The game ended up to be $35.99.[/QUOTE]

Same here, what a great deal!!

[quote name='Meehkaw']Damn, wish this happened before amazon's b2g1 free sale ._.a Now I feel totally jipped....[/QUOTE]

Why? NBA 2k11 was 54.99 at Amazon with free shipping and no tax for most. If you bought 2 other 54.99 games with it, each game came out to 36.66. That's probably better than Kmart's deal once you account for tax?

I almost bought this from gohastings when they had their sale but this beats even that deal which was for a used copy! Great deal. Plus they take paypal and I have $30 sitting in my paypal account

[quote name='shurija']I just added it to my cart to see whats going on with the 10% discount. The game ended up to be $35.99.[/QUOTE]

I was going to pull the trigger but the shipping estimate is so damn slow...Nov 15 to 17. I'm just going to pick up in store and forgo the $3 savings

[quote name='tmly']I was going to pull the trigger but the shipping estimate is so damn slow...Nov 15 to 17. I'm just going to pick up in store and forgo the $3 savings[/QUOTE]

$4 savings.

[quote name='kataztrophik']Why? NBA 2k11 was 54.99 at Amazon with free shipping and no tax for most. If you bought 2 other 54.99 games with it, each game came out to 36.66. That's probably better than Kmart's deal once you account for tax?[/QUOTE]

Cause I only really wanted 2k11 and fable, but then they canceled fable. So after a whole lot of math I ended up getting DAO:UE, because there's still some expansions I didn't buy, and a game to trade in for $37 credit. And ended up trading my DAO and DAO:A in for only 19 credit.

In the end I saving only, like, $15 on the two games, which wasn't much. But I had a 100 gc to use, so figured wth.

Pretty sure I woulda saved more money this way.... Or just straight not bothered with the trade-in game or DA:UE

are they serious with the shipping? are they using a turtle to move their games??? I laughed when I saw estimated delivery at Nov 17

[quote name='Meehkaw']Cause I only really wanted 2k11 and fable, but then they canceled fable. So after a whole lot of math I ended up getting DAO:UE, because there's still some expansions I didn't buy, and a game to trade in for $37 credit. And ended up trading my DAO and DAO:A in for only 19 credit.

In the end I saving only, like, $15 on the two games, which wasn't much. But I had a 100 gc to use, so figured wth.

Pretty sure I woulda saved more money this way.... Or just straight not bothered with the trade-in game or DA:UE[/QUOTE]

Wait, if your order was ~110, and you traded one game in for 37, and DAO and DAO:A for 19, then you bought NBA 2k11 and DAO:UE for around 54 bucks. You could say that you bought NBA 2k11 for $40 and upgraded your Dragon Age to the Ultimate Edition for $14? I don't think that's horrible, though you could've saved yourself some hassle just getting it here for 36 straight up I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never buy sports games because they drop in price as soon as the next one is announced but I have heard great things about this one. This is a hot deal but I think I am going to wait for a better price. Something like 20 - 25

i still have my unopened copy i bought when it 1st came out. i got it from Kmart. ill either see if they can refund me the difference or return and rebuy.

[quote name='uscommander']im hoping for an amazon pm but i doubt it will happen[/QUOTE]
Yeah. That would be nice. Amazon didn't even bother pm vanquish.:cry:

hm, not sure if I should buy this now, or wait till black friday. I've been waiting for BF to hopefully get a copy at WalMart for $25, but that may not happen, I just would hate to buy this for $40ish when I've already waited, and then see it on sale for $25 on BF. If I wait more, I could get it at $25 maybe, or at least I'm sure there'd be a price around $40 at the worst for black friday. So idk, do I buy now or hold off a lil longer

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']hm, not sure if I should buy this now, or wait till black friday. I've been waiting for BF to hopefully get a copy at WalMart for $25, but that may not happen, I just would hate to buy this for $40ish when I've already waited, and then see it on sale for $25 on BF. If I wait more, I could get it at $25 maybe, or at least I'm sure there'd be a price around $40 at the worst for black friday. So idk, do I buy now or hold off a lil longer[/QUOTE]
Hold off definitely. This is just a precursor to the real deals. $40 is good, but $65 more and you would've got 2 more games on Amazon B2G1. Likely tax added to the $40 too. Deals will only get better going forward I guarantee it.

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe22']Hold off definitely. This is just a precursor to the real deals. $40 is good, but $65 more and you would've got 2 more games on Amazon B2G1. Likely tax added to the $40 too. Deals will only get better going forward I guarantee it.[/QUOTE]

You make a good point, but you can also argue that if the price does drop from now till Black Friday, you will always be able to return the game to Kmart. So if you find the game for $25, buy it and return that copy to Kmart and get your $40 back. That way you're covered in case it doesn't get cheaper than $40 on Black Friday.

yeahhh... thanks for that help guys :roll: :lol:

edit:
actually

[quote name='kataztrophik']You make a good point, but you can also argue that if the price does drop from now till Black Friday, you will always be able to return the game to Kmart. So if you find the game for $25, buy it and return that copy to Kmart and get your $40 back. That way you're covered in case it doesn't get cheaper than $40 on Black Friday.[/QUOTE]

this is what I'm gonna do I think, thanks for the advice

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']yeahhh... thanks for that help guys :roll: :lol:[/QUOTE]

LOL I vote you buy the game now, and worse comes to worse, if you can get it cheaper, you just return the game to Kmart. You'll easily be covered under the return policy, and you don't have to wait to play the game either. There's no guarantee that you will be able to snag a copy of it either on Black Friday if it is cheaper (you probably will but there's still no rainchecks if it sells out before you get there). Seems like a win-win.

[quote name='NoHo']This is the best sports game I've ever played. It's easily one of the best game I've played this year.[/QUOTE]

Dawg, at this price I might pick this up and we'll have to battle online! '96 Sonics!

ARGH. is this out of stock online or something? I can't add it to my Cary via the website or mobile app. I'm sitting in the parking lot of my Kmart because they don't have it in stock.

I'm surprise this game even drop in price so soon, especially since NBA Elite got cancel you think the price would stay up some more since it the only basketball game out this year.

[quote name='kobeisgod']I know the deal has not started yet, but I added it to my cart and it said

Online & In Store! Kmart Family & Friends! Extra 10% OFF! [/QUOTE]

so how does the %10 work in store is it automatically deducted like a nation wide thing or do you need a target card--as id rather pick this up in store than wait for 10 days to have it shipped to me

[quote name='youenvy']so how does the %10 work in store is it automatically deducted like a nation wide thing or do you need a target card--as id rather pick this up in store than wait for 10 days to have it shipped to me[/QUOTE]

for me it just showed up when i hit checkout.

[quote name='youngavatar']I'm surprise this game even drop in price so soon, especially since NBA Elite got cancel you think the price would stay up some more since it the only basketball game out this year.[/QUOTE]
It isn't a price drop.

They always give these sales for NBA at this time. Lots of people buy it on release for a pretty good deal and then it becomes real cheap but then the price will go right back up.

It's 2k giving good value and good deals on their games. If it was EA it'd be a different story.

I want to price match this with Best Buy since I have a gift card there, but the NBA 2K11 deal isn't in the weekly ad I see for Kmart?? Any ideas

bread's done
Back