NBA 2k11 Xbox 360 $49.99 Pre-Order

Wow Amazon has the PC for 19.99 too. Good price, but I gotta have a game like this on my console. Just my preference. Plus my PC isn't up to snuff to run it optimal anyway.

[quote name='mrosnwo']Wow Amazon has the PC for 19.99 too. Good price, but I gotta have a game like this on my console. Just my preference. Plus my PC isn't up to snuff to run it optimal anyway.[/QUOTE]
PC version has always been $20 ever since 2k started releasing the game on the PC.

Thanks for the heads up OP. NBA2k is the only sports game I buy year after year.

ummm, you guys think Live is better & that 2k10 was bad? wow, I can't believe we played the same game. It is one of the best basketball games ever made, in my opinion. Anyway, thanks for the post o.p. I'm down.

yeah i love this game- a bit glitchy when it first came out but seems to run pretty good as of a few months ago. play this all the time with buddies- might preorder for the $50 pricetag so early... they only charge when it's released right?

After all the patches, the offline game was a joy to play with. The online, however, is an atrocity. Frequent disconnects, severe input lag, cheesers (e.g. 7'5" reigning 3s), and pathetic 2k servers. The PS3 version even had a trophy glitch (I'm stuck at 98%) which will probably never get patched.

I'll have to wait and read user impressions before I consider 2K11. Mike Wang, the lead designer of NBA 2K series, is coming back after working on Live 10 so this should be interesting.

I just couldn't get into 2k10. IMO Live was better than 2k10 because live has a much deeper online than 2k10 did

NBA 2k10 flat out sucked. Really bad, since I had enjoyed all of them since the first on DC. 2k10 was just a total disaster, so no chance I'll pre-oder 2k11. 2K Sports will now have to EARN my business by putting out a top-notch product, which they didn't do with 2k10.

[quote name='ieatpoptarts']I remember when it was $20 for all consoles, how sad :([/QUOTE]

Sorry, but Next Gen Console + Next Gen Graphics (sorta kinda) = Next Gen Price. Sucks, but its how it works. Also, with this being the top rated NBA game, it'll stay high until it starts getting beat by Live (which won't happen).

And seriously, 2K > Live. EA can't seem to get this sport right. Last years was an improvement but 2K was still way better.

[quote name='evergoo']Mike Wang, the lead designer of NBA 2K series, is coming back after working on Live 10 so this should be interesting.[/QUOTE]
And after he left for EA, a lot of people felt that 2k went down in quality while Live went up. Coincidence? I think not.

Well like mentioned earlier 2k10 online was a mess. With live it seemed more cleaner. And live had more options online

Pretty sure I paid 20 or 25 for 2k10 on Black Friday at Wal-Mart. They tried to get me to wait in the normal line to buy one game which would have been a two hour wait. The line to buy big screens was only a 10 minute wait so I picked up the biggest TV they had on the shelves and waited in the short line. When the cashier rang up the game and the TV, I promptly changed my mind about the TV and had her cancel it out. 25 bucks and 10 minutes for the 2k10. I'm going to try it again this year.

Best black friday purchase last year? 2K10 for $25.00

And yea.. played both live and 2k.. Like while better is just a joke compared to 2k. Even with the "bugs" this year.. the game was an absolute blast to play... My player mode was a welcome fresh new addition

I am still pissed that the my player mode for 2k10 was a buggy piece of shit. I had to re-start multiple times as the patches didn't fix the freezing after game 4 of the summer league. I should have known it would be buggy when I played the Draft Combine and realized they had banned the name Eric as obscene language.

When the online works it's incredible but I just can't believe how they have not fixed a damn thing from 2K9. They just can't get their shit together when it comes to the online mode. 5 vs 5 is great when it's lag free and it actually loads...

I will choose 2k over Live any day but the online in 2k is worthless beyond quick games. What sucks the hardest, though, are the achievements that involve crews and 5 on 5's that NEVER work.

Those touting Live may need to wait until we see some more from Live 11. From what the blogs posted when Mike Wang left EA is that EA is tired of trying to compete with 2K at a sim level and losing 2-to-1 in sales and is going to go to a more "arcade" experience.

That being said I will NOT be pre-ordering 2K either, and this is from someone who has played every 2K game since 2K2 on the PS2 and pre-ordered every single one since 2K3.

I have not been able to figure out why 2K can't get their online working properly for NBA2K9 or NBA2K10. I only play pick up 5 on 5 games and half the time the games don't load or they die in the middle of the game. Has their online code always been this bad?

bread's done
Back