NBA 2K12 CAG League- Signup Today! 17 Openings Left! Let's fill it up!

Doomtime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
38 (100%)
CAG NBA 2K12 League

NBA_2K13-Copy1.jpg

I know there is an interest for a 2K12 league, and even though we're still a month away, I am getting it started.

Right now, nothing is set in stone. For the different formats and rules below, I'd like to hear some feedback on how players would like things to run.

Everything is subject to change, especially as more information is released from 2K.

It is rumored that online association may be integrated this year, so let's hope that is true.

Below, please list the team you'd be interested in and your xbox live gamertag, and then we'll go from there.

League Website: Not yet created

League Format: TBD (# of teams, games, and postseason format)

Game Format: TBD (quarter length, last year we played with 6 minute quarters and it worked well)

League Rules: TBD (No one really cheesed in the league last year, which was nice. I'd like to keep it that way.)

Trades: Will be allowed, but should be discussed among league members so that there won't be any unfair trades. Please, nothing lopsided.

Free Agents: TBD

Unplayed Games: 3 strikes rule. You'll be exempt if you get an RROD or something like that.

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Atlantic

Boston - advanced
XBL-JosephWhiteIII
New York - Finess
Philadelphia
New Jersey
Toronto

Central

Chicago - Matt Young
XBL- X Matt Young X
Indiana
Milwaukee
Detroit - XXXplosive1 -
XBL-XXXplosive1
Clevelando

Southeast

Miami - Soodmeg
XBL-Soodmeg
Orlando - Doo Mane
XBL-Doo Mane
Atlanta
Charlotte
Washington

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Northwest

Oklahoma City- Mr Grand Cru
XBL-Mr Grand Cru

Denver
Portland
Utah
Minnesota

Pacific

L.A. Lakers - sublime90
Phoenix
Golden State - soapskid
L.A. Clippers
Sacramento - Doomtime
XBL-Doomtime

Southwest

San Antonio
Dallas - B3AM3N88
XBL-B3AM3N88
New Orleans
Memphis - staticz
XBL-staticzv2
Houston​

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the no cheese rule. No full court defense all game, no exploiting bugs/glitches.

I'm for a shorter postseason personally. 3-3-5?

Also, with the lockout being in effect, there are going to be a lot of teams that are incomplete. Example, my Celitcs only have 5 players under contract this season, not including two unsigned draft picks. We will need to work something out for situations like this.

[quote name='The 7th Number']im not totally sure if ill buy the game but if i can claim the milwaukee bucks i would like to do that. GT The 7th Number.[/QUOTE]

Yep you sure can.

[quote name='staticz']I'll take the Grizz. How many games were played in the last season?[/QUOTE]
You're in, but what's your gamertag? Only 15 games were played last season and we made it all the way to the conference finals round when guys just stopped showing up. Never even finished the first season.

I would like to join, please. Chicago Bulls as always. Gamertag: X Matt Young X

EDIT: Your opponent couldn't play, but maybe Cru will want to finish our series. Maybe not. It sucks since I was actually doing well in that league.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']Hey Cru checking in here , whats going on fellas, Matt we could def finish that series if you would like ?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know we've talked about it several times but we just never got to it due to various things we each had going on. I can usually play during the late afternoon to early evening hours Eastern time. If you wanna text me, you can see my number on my Facebook info.

[quote name='Matt Young']Yeah, I know we've talked about it several times but we just never got to it due to various things we each had going on. I can usually play during the late afternoon to early evening hours Eastern time. If you wanna text me, you can see my number on my Facebook info.[/QUOTE]

Ok cool I will text you Friday will probably be good for me.

Pretty sure he already advanced it. At least I thought it was finished last time I checked. With the 2K community site down, I can't look on the computer. I guess as long as the three of us get things done by the time the new game comes out, it'll be good- not that it should take that long for us.

[quote name='sublime90']i'll take Lakers but is this fantasy or real rosters?[/QUOTE]

My suggestion is that if we are going to take advantage of the Online Association feature this year we should do Fantasy Draft ? Especially being that there is no Rookie's on the game.

I'd rather use real rosters, but thats also because I've been running the C's since 2K9 and I know the ins and outs of the players. That might make me a bit bias. ;)

Yeah I'd rather stick with real rosters myself. Still waiting on reviews though and wondering how interested I'll be if there's no NBA season. I was sort of banking on the NBA lockout being resolved

[quote name='Matt Young']I vote default. Cru, we seriously should finish our series tomorrow. We always talk about it but never do it.[/QUOTE]

I just saw this , feel free to send me a xbox live message anytime Im always online.

My copy is on the way and will be here tomorrow. I'll make changes to the OP once we get the game and see how we want to run this thing. I really want to see how far they went with the online association

No worries, I'll give everyone a few days to practice and discuss league rules. I'm going to need a lot of practice playing with the Kings

I got it yesterday and could not connect to the 2k network for some reason smh , Ill try again tonight maybe get some scrimmages in

I couldn't connect yesterday, either, in my one attempt late at night. Was able to connect now but have received no e-mail to confirm My2K account.

I'm stunned that last year's league never got finished. I wont be buying 2K12 so I wont be in this year's league, but I thought the league experience last year was good (just didnt like the game itself too much).

Yeah yeah yeah, after spending some time with the game, I really don't know about this league anymore. They took away a lot of tools that admins had in 2k11 and the servers have really left me sour on the game. It's still a lot of fun...offline. With its current state I just don't know. Even if you set the timer for advancement to slow, you can still get fucked badly if you don't play all your games on time. There is no way for me to edit those settings either. 2k just sims the games you haven't played when it advances.

I've been in two leagues and had a few games simmed in both because my opponents weren't the best communicators.

I had high hopes for online association, but when I can't even get on their servers half the time, I don't like the chances for a successful league.

Yeah, its pretty pointless to run one. Its far to hard without many of the admin tools that are standard. My friend and I had to start like 5 of them to get 1 of them to work. I could even imagine doing it with more than 1 other person.

Hell you cant even invite new people into the league after it starts.

bread's done
Back