NBA 2k13/MLB 2k13 Combo pack -$79.99 pre-order

[quote name='alwayscheaper']Been announced for awhile, not consider this a deal. However, I swear last year 2k said 2k12 baseball was the last because of its quality and sales.[/QUOTE]
It was going to be. Something changed kind of last minute. Makes me think they didn't have long to work on the game and it will just be a "patched" 2k12.

[quote name='mrclutch']It was going to be. Something changed kind of last minute. Makes me think they didn't have long to work on the game and it will just be a "patched" 2k12.[/QUOTE]

Even the achievment list is nearly identical to last year's iteration.

If you don't need this right away, you should hold off.

About a month after it's release last year, the price dropped to $40 bucks.

why are they 360 only and wasn't 59.99 last year and it went down to 20 or so

Lame. Last year it released for 69.99 for the combo. Not sure why they felt the need to jack it up another 10 bucks, considering that the MLB series doesn't sell well.

its obviously gonna be a roster updated 2k12 and nothing more. the fact that it was a last minute decision to make this game is a bad sign. sony stoped making nba games cause they were getting smashed by nba 2k. mlb 2k cant hold a candle to mlb the show so 2k should just retire their baseball series imo. their new wwe 2k series gives them a much more profitible sports series to take its place anyway

[quote name='strait edge follower']its obviously gonna be a roster updated 2k12 and nothing more. the fact that it was a last minute decision to make this game is a bad sign. sony stoped making nba games cause they were getting smashed by nba 2k. mlb 2k cant hold a candle to mlb the show so 2k should just retire their baseball series imo. their new wwe 2k series gives them a much more profitible sports series to take its place anyway[/QUOTE]

MLB went begging to 2K so there would be a baseball game on XBox this year. The deal extension was just 1 year.

The reason 2K was abandoning baseball was b/c of the money lost so I assume they got a sweetheart deal to do it this year, and it's only on 360 and PS3; no WiiU, Wii, PS2, or PSP/Vita version this year.

For $80, they should really do a download code for NBA 2K14 with MLB 2K13. Consumers win b/c of a better deal and it would make for better sales for MLB. In addition, the publisher would be able to minimize the effect of the used game market b/c it is a digital code vs a physical copy.

Anyway, $80 for the package as it stands, is not worth it.

[quote name='starmask2k3']why are they 360 only and wasn't 59.99 last year and it went down to 20 or so[/QUOTE]Last years version was 360 only. If you actually click the link the OP posted, it takes you to the PS3 version.

[quote name='strait edge follower']sony stoped making nba games cause they were getting smashed by nba 2k.[/QUOTE]I'm pretty sure you're thinking of EA and their NBA Live series, not Sony.

[quote name='vantheman']Even the achievment list is nearly identical to last year's iteration.[/QUOTE]

Same as last year, too, compared to the previous year. 2K uses a lot of the same types of achievements for their NBA game as well.

I can't speak to the quality (or lack thereof) of MLB 2K13, I thought 2K11-12 were pretty good baseball games.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='starmask2k3']why are they 360 only and wasn't 59.99 last year and it went down to 20 or so[/QUOTE]

If you are wondering why it's 360 only...you must have a PS3. Therefore, just forget about this combo and get MLB 13 The Show.

I'm getting a PS3 just to play that. Can't take MLB 2k anymore.

[quote name='l1quidswords']I will wait for $20 DoTD[/QUOTE]

same here :D

but the fact that you can't find any new updates on MLB 2k13 2 weeks before it releases pretty much guarantees you're buying NBA 2k13 with MLB 2k12 the roster update.

[quote name='PimpLimp']Last years version was 360 only. If you actually click the link the OP posted, it takes you to the PS3 version.

I'm pretty sure you're thinking of EA and their NBA Live series, not Sony.[/QUOTE]

acually sony san diego (the mlb the show team) did indeed make nba games for playstation platforms. the last one that was made was called ”nba 09: the inside”. 08 was acually good imo but this game tanked hard and was beyond horrible. heres a link from amazon showing it :)

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=nba+09+the+inside

bread's done
Back