NBA 2K6 League?

Matt Young

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I posted about this when the NBA season started, but I got few responses. I figured maybe people skipped over this game, due to the price being raised from $20 for 2K5 to $40 this year. I couldn't come up with any other reason why we went from a decent league to none at all.

Now that we're almost at the All-Star break, I'm trying again. I really like this game, but I have barely played it because the main reason I bought it was for online play and leagues. Now that the game has been selling for as low as $24.99, has anyone else acquired it, and could we possibly have enough interest for a small league, maybe 8-12 players?

Please respond if you'd be interested, and list the team you would want to play as. The Chicago Bulls are mine, though, if we get this going.

I've got it. Haven't played in ages though. Quite a few other CAGs on my FL though seem to have picked up the 360 version, so a big league doesn't seem likely at this point.

So I take it that the 360 players can't play with the regular Xbox users? How is the Xbox version? I've been thinking of picking this up, if we get an Xbox league going, I got the Suns!

If I can pick this up in the next few weeks, I call dibs on the TimberWolves. Hopefully they have trade deadline rosters available when I get a copy.

[quote name='craven_fiend']If I can pick this up in the next few weeks, I call dibs on the TimberWolves. Hopefully they have trade deadline rosters available when I get a copy.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know you were a Wolves fan (they're my 2nd favorite team after Chicago).

Tim, 360 users cannot play against Xbox players.

If we can get 8 teams total, we'l be all set. I hope some more people join.

[quote name='Matt Young']I didn't know you were a Wolves fan (they're my 2nd favorite team after Chicago).

Tim, 360 users cannot play against Xbox players.

If we can get 8 teams total, we'l be all set. I hope some more people join.[/quote]

Well, as long as the keep Garnett, he's my favorite current player, then they are. I used to be a Raptors fan, but the shit hit the fan a few years ago, even before Carter was traded.

I did like the fact the T'Wolves got rid of Olawakandi (sp). He's a bum.

I just got the game yesterday. Man I am getting my ass handed to me by the AI. I'll use the Celtics or the Wizards if a league gets set.

Wow, the CPU can pretty much score at will even with good defense on them and my guys miss lay-ups and put-backs too much. I don't know if I'll bother playing online at this point.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Wow, the CPU can pretty much score at will even with good defense on them and my guys miss lay-ups and put-backs too much. I don't know if I'll bother playing online at this point.[/quote]

It'll take a little getting used to. Just slowly start out playing versus a weak AI and as you notice things are getting too easy for you, just increase the difficulty. That helped me out last year, though I probably should've played the game offline before I jumped into the league, it was still a good time.

On a positive note, I could have a copy as early as the weekend.

i'll get a copy as soon as i see a sale for it for 19.99 at best buy...i'll call cavs, wizards or bobcats (like anyone is gonna fight me for the bobcats, lol)

Nah, I think you'll have the Bobcats still available, lol.

I think I've gotten the hang of the game now. I guess I'll run with the Celtics if a league gets started.

I played this online for the first time this morning and won. I won like 97-94 I think. The guy leaves me neutral feedback and says I was using some exploits. WTF? I was getting beat until I used a 2-3 zone (maybe that is his idea of an exploit :roll: ). I only played the game 5 times so far, including off-line. He kept launching threes and I would work the ball and take it to the hole or pull up for the short jumper. He was playing defense too aggressively and I kept getting to the FT line. I ended up with 40 attempts (only made 27 of them though).

[quote name='swetooth9']once this drops to 19.99 i'll get it and play with you guys :D[/quote]

Cool man.

I just lost my last two games online but at least I am over the learning curve for the controls.

One guy kept hitting pause while I was shooting freethrows so I left him a negative feedback. IThe other guy (who blew me out by 20) was a good player though and had good sportsmanship.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Cool man.

I just lost my last two games online but at least I am over the learning curve for the controls.

One guy kept hitting pause while I was shooting freethrows so I left him a negative feedback. IThe other guy (who blew me out by 20) was a good player though and had good sportsmanship.[/quote]

sucks about the free throw thing, haha i'm watchin the state game right now (nc state), hoping they're gonna win!

bread's done
Back