NBA 2K7 vs College Hoops 2K7

doubledown

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Ok, since CH 2K7 is $30 today at Best Buy (NOT ANYMORE....OLD THREAD :) ), I was curious what people like better? I always like the pro game, don't follow college Bball much, so I'm never sure who is who anymore....but, what game do most people like better. I have a transfer kit, so I could get the REAL College names...

Thanks

I've always liked College better because you only play 30+ games instead of 80+. I can't ever even finish a whole NBA season without simming. Also the games mean more in college too.

I've played both...honestly very similar--the reason I went with NBA 2k7 was that I much prefered the pro leagues vs the college game.

Also, since you follow the pros--the signature shots and moves of most of the pros will be impressive to you.

i had nba 2k7 for a good solid 2 or 3 months and loved it

however, i traded it a few weeks ago for viva pinata since i wanted to get college hoops 2k7

well now i have it and i think it's great as well...pretty similar gameplay as nba since well...it's made by the same people

i'm gonna play it a little more tonight and see, but for now, i really like choops 2k7 as well..they are equally good IMO

i'm in the same boat as you though, i used to never watch college bball so i never knew anybody...that's why i liked nba better...but now that i actually watch some college bball, it seems more fun now

you can't go wrong with either one, but it seems like some people switched from nba to choops (at least they did in operationsports.com)

College basketball is better because there's many more styles of play and far more defensive schemes that make the playbook. Nba 2k6 has man up and a few zones, where as college has:

Man to man
2-3
3-2
1-3-3
1-2-2
2-1-1
1-3-1
Box Zone
Triangle 1 zone

Much more, you name it. Far more exciting.

i like nba way more than choops. For some reason, the nba game feels tighter and more responsive than the college game, and doesnt really have a good feel to it. NBA seems to have better graphics and animations as well. I just couldnt get hooked to college hoops when i rented it. It was pretty meh to me other than using greg oden

I have both and love both. For the price of $30 it's worth it. If you have to choose one though I would go with the Pro game. It seems more polished every year.

one thing i like in CHOOPS is that there's tons more teams so there are more to choose from...this is especially beneficial for online play

I'm picking this up today also for $30 at best buy. From what I've read the fastbreak slowdown is not in college hoops as it is in the nba game. That is a positive.

As much as I thought that the games would be similar, I agree with the post about NBA being a tighter game. I think that it just feels less arcadey and more sim. I'm having fun with CHOOPS though. Haven't bought a CHOOPS game since SNES.

after playing a little more with CHOOPS, i think it's more exciting to play than NBA, but is more..."packaged" i guess since it has all those sig shots...

you really, can't go wrong with either one...i'm sticking with CHOOPS though until nba 2k7 gets cheaper..then i might pick up nba again

I

[quote name='Chris Dillon']The menu system is very confusing btw in CHOOPS.[/quote]It's also like that in NBA2K7...sucktacular. They kept the old, but serviceable menu system in NHL2K7 though.

I started a legacy last night and this game is great so far. It seems to be just as good as nba 2k7 if not better. I'm noticing a lot of new animations that aren't in nba 2k.

To me, the core gameplay is pretty similar, as are the graphics/presentation. But what puts College Hoops a little bit ahead of NBA 2K7, in my mind, are the extras I enjoy like recruiting, building up a school's program, even the chant creator is pretty cool.

I've played both a ton. I've had NBA 2k6 since release and play it quite a bit even to this day, College Hoops I got on Christmas but have already played a lot of it. I don't think I can say one game is better than the other but they are somewhat different. I play NBA 2k6 just to have a fun half-hour game on my franchise with my favorite team, then I usually just turn it off and play another game in a few days when I'm jonesing for some NBA action. Franchise doesn't hold my interest like it used to, sometimes I start new franchises but they'll only hold my interests for a few days at best. College Hoops really has me addicted with recruiting, building my team into a powerhouse and trying to get to another school, and the games are extremely intense and you can feel the meaning and the pressure of each one.

It is true that NBA 2k6 controls much tighter but I always just thought they made adjustments to CHoops to make it a little more sloppy like the college game really is. I'd say if you're looking to just play some random games here and there and want to do all the stuff NBA players do in a real game go with NBA. College Hoops seems deeper, theres a lot more to do than just play the games on the schedule. The actual games in CHoops are more scrappy and slower than they are in NBA, they require a lot more patience and team work to score as well as alot more focus to defend.

[quote name='whiteboy']I've played both a ton. I've had NBA 2k6 since release and play it quite a bit even to this day, College Hoops I got on Christmas but have already played a lot of it. I don't think I can say one game is better than the other but they are somewhat different. I play NBA 2k6 just to have a fun half-hour game on my franchise with my favorite team, then I usually just turn it off and play another game in a few days when I'm jonesing for some NBA action. Franchise doesn't hold my interest like it used to, sometimes I start new franchises but they'll only hold my interests for a few days at best. College Hoops really has me addicted with recruiting, building my team into a powerhouse and trying to get to another school, and the games are extremely intense and you can feel the meaning and the pressure of each one.

It is true that NBA 2k6 controls much tighter but I always just thought they made adjustments to CHoops to make it a little more sloppy like the college game really is. I'd say if you're looking to just play some random games here and there and want to do all the stuff NBA players do in a real game go with NBA. College Hoops seems deeper, theres a lot more to do than just play the games on the schedule. The actual games in CHoops are more scrappy and slower than they are in NBA, they require a lot more patience and team work to score as well as alot more focus to defend.[/quote]

comparing nba 2k6 to choops 2k7 isn't really fair; nba 2k7 is also a "sloppier" game...but this is on purpose because 2k tried to prevent too much driving inside and dunking on people...comparing nba 2k7 and choops 2k7 is much more meaningful/realistic

Ok, after playing the demo a bit more of CHoops....I want to get this now (since I found I can D/L rosters with my Xchange)

Any good deals again (I know it was dirt cheap at one point0

[quote name='doubledown']Ok, after playing the demo a bit more of CHoops....I want to get this now (since I found I can D/L rosters with my Xchange)

Any good deals again (I know it was dirt cheap at one point0[/quote]

i like how you were the one who started the thread and mentioned it being 30 ;)

[quote name='swetooth9']i like how you were the one who started the thread and mentioned it being 30 ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know....I'm kicking myself now. I knew I was getting NBA 2K7 eventually....but now I want CHOOPS.

nba 2k7 is fucking awesome and the best bball game....

edit... for some reason i thought this was on sale today.. but this is an old thread

it basically boils down to nba vs college bball..i used to never watch college bball and never know what's going on, but in the past year, i started watching since all my friends do and i like it as much as i like the nba now...so i could live with either one...my cousin has nba and i have CHOOPS, so we could borrow each other's if we wanted

I just love how NBA captures each player's movements. Obviously, that's something NCAA can't do, but I give NBA the slight nod for that.

I may just wait and get CHOOPS until a sale hapens again. I really do like NBA 2K7....it's actually pretty challenging for me on SuperStar difficulty. I usually play franchise, and the 82 game season is a bit long. I sim about half the games lately.

I play College Hoops more than NBA 2K7.I like having more teams to build up.Did you guys know you can import draft classes from College Hoops 2K6 to NBA 2K7?

I know I'm a little late asking but how in the world do you throw an alley-oop in College Hoops 2k7? I can't find it online and there is nothing in the manual about it..

bread's done
Back