NBA Discussion Thread

Saw that Jahlil Okafor got pulled over for reckless driving a week after punching a guy in a bar fight. Anyone else think he's just doing this because he wants to be traded?

svp.0.jpg

stans ready
I absolutely love this picture. Makes me laugh every time I see it.

Kobe is retiring. He's doing a good job helping the Lakers protect their top three pick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Random interesting stat: Mark Price missed 16 total free throws in 305 attempts in the 92-93 season. DeAndre Jordan missed 22 free throws in 34 attempts in last night's game.

Random interesting stat: Mark Price missed 16 total free throws in 305 attempts in the 92-93 season. DeAndre Jordan missed 22 free throws in 34 attempts in last night's game.
Its nuts how bad he is at them.

Still not totally happy with him backing out on Dallas, but Zaza has been better than DeAndre would have been in Dallas. Deron Williams has been reanimated and signs of Utah Deron Williams have been showing up.

finally get to sit down & watch some bball. definitely want see what a full strength cavs team can do against the warriors.

and I would have preferred spurs vs warriors on x-mas.

Well it's that time again. Will the warriors make history, will the spurs play spoiler or will lebron slay the goliaths of the west

boy don't tell me two years in a row the spurs aren't bout that life haha, might be end of an era. putting everything on LeBron (cant believe im saying this) to beat the warriors

David West surely is regretting his decision. He left $11 mil on the table to sign with San Antonio because it meant playing for a title.

I think people are overreacting. SAS just played poorly this series (aside from Game 1). No need to regret anything, OKC just put more effort and were able to close games. They do need a big guy that can play physical down low.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

I think people are overreacting. SAS just played poorly this series (aside from Game 1). No need to regret anything, OKC just put more effort and were able to close games. They do need a big guy that can play physical down low.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
Overreacting to what? Ginobili is likely retiring. Maybe Duncan as well. Even if he stays, he's a shell of what he used to be. Parker just had his worst season since his rookie year and is clearly on a fast decline. Leonard is solid, but I'm still not sold on him being "the guy". If you think they can still compete at the level they have for the past 15 or so years without making some big changes, you're crazy.

Too bad the Spurs lost. Im looking forward as a former Sonics fan to GSW crushing OKC. 

I was thinking say Durant doesnt make the Championship this year or the next, why stick around OKC?

Lakers should end up with the number one pick because you know, basketball reasons. Make it happen Adam Silver.

edit: never mind. Just saw that Mutombo tweet.

They didn't choke bad enough to force Durant out of town, I hope .
My money is on him staying. There's no reason to leave right now. U just got to the WCF, have another top 5 player with you, and can make more money there long term. Make a push to sign another role player and battle it out with GS again next year.

Good win for the Warriors and there awesome bench. The thing I can't understand is, why Lebron gets away with so many push offs and obvious offensive fouls? I watched the game and then some of the highlights on sports center and every highlight they showed of Lebron were of him pushing off his defender every time he had the ball. Did I miss something and this is legal and part of the game now or something? I think he's a really good player, but it's sad that he has to resort to such cheap ways just to get some space to get his shot up.

Good win for the Warriors and there awesome bench. The thing I can't understand is, why Lebron gets away with so many push offs and obvious offensive fouls? I watched the game and then some of the highlights on sports center and every highlight they showed of Lebron were of him pushing off his defender every time he had the ball. Did I miss something and this is legal and part of the game now or something? I think he's a really good player, but it's sad that he has to resort to such cheap ways just to get some space to get his shot up.
I sometimes think it's just magnified because he's a fairly strong player. I've seen Steph Curry push off too quite a bit to clear space, but he's clearly not as strong as Lebron.

I sometimes think it's just magnified because he's a fairly strong player. I've seen Steph Curry push off too quite a bit to clear space, but he's clearly not as strong as Lebron.
I totally understand your point. I'm not a Lebron hater and I know he's not the only one who pushes off a lot, but I just think it takes away from his self imposed greatness by resorting to cheap tactics almost all the time he posts up or drives to the basket.

That was a rough series to watch. I don't recall an All-Star being suspended in the middle of the NBA Finals before, on an after the game judgment call, that in-game officials declined to call after reviewing the video. 

I quit watching after Game 5 because I could tell I was about to start teaching my kids some amazing profanity trying to keep it in. Fouling out the unanimous league MVP in the game following Green's suspension, along with the bearhugging that the Cavs defenders got away with on Steph off the ball.  It's tough. I don't buy into the rigged complaints, but the Warriors definitely seemed to be at an officiating disadvantage the whole series. Lebron is too great to have to flop more than a European soccer player. It detracts so much from his incredible talent, and for me, makes him unwatchable and unlikable. 

I wonder if he'll have to team up with a 3rd superstar to win a championship next year.  He's proven he can win every other year with 2. 

Disappointed that the series ended with such a collection of dubious moments. Reflects very poorly on the league, regardless of which team you pull for. Hearing the NBA legends speak out about how mind-boggling the Green suspension was helped me feel like I wasn't the only insane one. 

I take solace in the fact that at least Cleveland fans woke up today...in Cleveland.  There is a God. 

There's a good example of a sore loser above. No excuses are needed for the Warriors. They failed to win one game in three chances and helped the Cavaliers have an amazing three-game run to do something that nobody else has ever done in NBA history. The great irony is that Cleveland couldn't just break the half-century drought and the myriad of miserable sports moments over the last 30 years by just winning a title. They had to do it by doing what was supposed to be impossible. They wanted it more than the Warriors, so they earned it. It's been a great series and easily the highlight of my life as a sports fan in Northeast Ohio, as my endless support of the local teams has finally been rewarded. Now the other two have to step it up to compete.

I hope the other fans here have a good summer as your teams try to take the next step. Mine will be the best one yet.  :D

I'm a LeBron hater, but his last few games were nothing short of amazing.  Curry just never showed up, he missed a lot of wide open shots and made some poor passes.  Also, Irving was just unconscious in game 7, he made some ridiculous shots.  Great series this year! :)

[post='[URL="http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2647423-lebron-james-rocks-ultimate-warrior-shirt-kermit-hat-for-cleveland-arrival"]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2647423-lebron-james-rocks-ultimate-warrior-shirt-kermit-hat-for-cleveland-arrival[/URL]'][/post]

this edge browser is a pain

There's a good example of a sore loser above. No excuses are needed for the Warriors. They failed to win one game in three chances and helped the Cavaliers have an amazing three-game run to do something that nobody else has ever done in NBA history. The great irony is that Cleveland couldn't just break the half-century drought and the myriad of miserable sports moments over the last 30 years by just winning a title. They had to do it by doing what was supposed to be impossible. They wanted it more than the Warriors, so they earned it. It's been a great series and easily the highlight of my life as a sports fan in Northeast Ohio, as my endless support of the local teams has finally been rewarded. Now the other two have to step it up to compete.

I hope the other fans here have a good summer as your teams try to take the next step. Mine will be the best one yet. :D
Was it unprecedented for an All-star to be suspended for a game in a post-game review? Well...yah.

Is it highly unusual to see a back to back MVP foul out in a 4Q Finals game with 3/6 fouls..."questionable"? Well yah, that's pretty unusual too.

Did the refs and the league COST GS the series? No. Steph choking all series. Klay and Green being inconsistent, Kyrie playing out of his mind, and Lebron playing the way a Finals MVP should play did. But a rational fan of the league...and a plethora of high-profile pros spoke out in droves about how the league definitely didn't do GS any favors with the way the series events played out.

I would explain all the reasons why I think Lebron is a punk, but I worry that if I hurt his feelings, he might tell my employer, and I'll get suspended for a game :p

Enjoy NE Ohio...as much as anyone can. ;)

Was it unprecedented for an All-star to be suspended for a game in a post-game review? Well...yah.

Is it highly unusual to see a back to back MVP foul out in a 4Q Finals game with 3/6 fouls..."questionable"? Well yah, that's pretty unusual too.

Did the refs and the league COST GS the series? No. Steph choking all series. Klay and Green being inconsistent, Kyrie playing out of his mind, and Lebron playing the way a Finals MVP should play did. But a rational fan of the league...and a plethora of high-profile pros spoke out in droves about how the league definitely didn't do GS any favors with the way the series events played out.

I would explain all the reasons why I think Lebron is a punk, but I worry that if I hurt his feelings, he might tell my employer, and I'll get suspended for a game :p

Enjoy NE Ohio...as much as anyone can. ;)
Green put himself in that situation by continuously losing his cool and racking up techs/flagrant fouls. Curry had his hands on whoever he was guarding the whole series. Take the reach in foul that probably wasn't, on Irving. Watch the replay; Curry had both hands on Irving's left shoulder as he attempted a drive before he poked the ball loose with his left hand. You're asking the refs to call a foul when you play D 30 feet from the basket like that. Shumpert was called for a very similar strip against Curry, and the very next time down the floor, Curry was screened while guarding Irving, and as Irving went around the screen, Curry's fully extended left arm was around Irving's chest. That's a foul, too. It went uncalled.

People were so excited for the Cavs Championship parade that they forgot to put up barriers to clear the route for the parade.

If you want to watch the celebration:

https://twitter.com/FOXSportsOH/status/745633651283664896

bread's done
Back