NBA street 4, half life 2 and Burnout 5 leaked into gamestop POS

Jaket

CAGiversary!
Feedback
214 (99%)
I can't find anything about either title anywhere online, but i can first-hand confirm that all 3 games (burnout 5 half-life 2 and NBA Street 4) were added to our system and are already reservable for 360 and PS3

This is awesome news for fans of the series... i love both the street series, and the burnout series, and I'm looking foward to picking both up!

While they're pretty much a given, it's good to hear that they're already in the system. Hopefully they'll put out a Burnout by Christmas, but it'll probably be by Summer :(

[quote name='Scorch']While they're pretty much a given, it's good to hear that they're already in the system. Hopefully they'll put out a Burnout by Christmas, but it'll probably be by Summer :([/QUOTE]

i forget the exact date, but it was definatly 2007

we also got some other sweet sku's activated for pre-order as well...

Half-life 2 for 360 and ps3
NFL street 3 for psp
And you can now pre-order a ton of ps3 and wii games too

Half-life 2 for 360 and ps3

If this is true...:drool:

I have the game for Xbox, but I can tell it does it no justice that a high end PC would.

Also, I wish they'd come out with NFL street 3...:whistle2:( Im only a fan of Football when it comes to sports.

[quote name='coolz481']I know I'm in the wrong forum for this, but you can reserve PS3 and Wii games, but not the systems?[/QUOTE]

yes

[quote name='seanr1221']If this is true...:drool:[/quote]

I'd say there is a 99.9% chance of it being true. There was an announcement that Valve was working on a game for 360 and since it obviously wouldn't be HL3 yet, it has to be HL2 and maybe some extra episodic content. Valve has something like that coming for HL2 on PC pretty soon anway I think.

It'll be interesting to see what a Burnout game made specifically for next gen consoles will look like. Revenge didn't look bad, but it didn't look that good either in my book. And an NBA Street game is always welcome. I usually find them more fun to play than NBA Live and NBA 2KX.

I don't recall seeing either at the show... Then again, the industry appears to be in a "sequel" state of mind so it wouldn't surprise me...

My guess is that Burnout will add the ability to rewind time after you crash at the expense of boost. I can't think of anything else they could add to this series...

My guess is that Burnout will add the ability to rewind time after you crash at the expense of boost. I can't think of anything else they could add to this series...

They could always add more X-treme!!! EA traX!

[quote name='dooddude']hopefully NBA Street 4 is more like vol. 2, NBA Street 3 was crap........[/quote]

QFT.

Vol. 2 was so awesome, I put way too much time into that game. I could never get into 3 though.

[quote name='Jaket']Half-life 2 for 360 and ps3[/QUOTE]

Thats good news. I have it for Xbox, but damn I don't think I can bring myself to sit through all those loading screens any longer. Maybe I'll wait for a better experience on the 360.

sweet. thanks for the info. I was going to pick up Half Life 2 for the Xbox next week when it goes on sale for $10 at Circuit City. Now I will wait for the better version.

[quote name='Purkeynator']sweet. thanks for the info. I was going to pick up Half Life 2 for the Xbox next week when it goes on sale for $10 at Circuit City. Now I will wait for the better version.[/QUOTE]
Yeah same.

Hopefully online too...?

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']Yeah same.

Hopefully online too...?[/quote]

Yep.

I honestly see no reason for them to go back and work on Half-Life 2, especially seeing as it's backwards compatible, unless bonuses are included. If this is true, I fully expect it to come with Half-Life Source, Counter-Strike Source, DoD Source and maybe the Lost Coast and whatever else updates they put out.

Of course, since they realize how CS:S would sell like crazy on its own, I doubt it'll be bundled in. I wouldn't be suprised to see HL2 come out bundled with HL:S and a deathmatch mode, then another product bundling CS:S and DOD:S on one disc for $39.99.

I'm guessing HL2 will include Episode 1 (and maybe Episode 2, depending on when it is released), otherwise it would seem pretty lame to be charging $60 for the same game that's been on XBox and PC for years.

I doubt DoD:S and CS:S will be in there.

I doubt any of those games would be released this year since E3 already passed. Knowing that, I do look forward to Half Life 2 next year IF and only IF they release it with CS: Source. Theres no reason for me to re-purchase that for the 360 just because it has a few graphical tweaks and bonus single player content.

I'd re-buy half life 2 for 360, even if they didn't add anything new (besides made it close to a high end pc running it) despite having played through it on xbox.. i love that game.

Episode 1 and CS: Source would be great to see on the disc as well though.

More likely they're bringing over HL2:Aftermath and will promote that since it is new on all platforms. But since that process makes it pretty easy to get the HL2 content running as well, including it as a bonus would be nice.

[quote name='Shayde']QFT.

Vol. 2 was so awesome, I put way too much time into that game. I could never get into 3 though.[/QUOTE]

Same here!! I played Vol.2 daily for a loong time. Vol.3 was traded in within a couple of weeks. Thanks OP for the info!!

What's up with this shiznit:

On the PS3 front, the retailer has a listing for Valve Software's Half-Life 2 to be published on the system by EA. Other EA titles to slip onto the site include Burnout 5, which appears to be headed for the PS3 and PSP (but not for the Xbox 360, interestingly enough)

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6151623.html

WTF!?

An on another note:

There is also a page for an Xbox 360 game from Microsoft Game Studios called Arcade Unplugged, which would retail for $39.99. There's no product description given for the game, but it seems well within the realm of possibility that Microsoft might bundle some of the most popular games from its Live Arcade service and sell them at retail for Xbox 360 consumers who don't have high-speed Internet access.

I would guess that Valve may port HL2, bundled with the Episode 1 to the 360 with the hope that they can get enough base to sell future installments/episodes that are being developed through XBL. With the success of Counter-Strike on xbox, I'd bet they keep the mp game separate. Time will tell. I haven't gotten to HL2 yet, partly because my first attempt to play it frustrated me with horrible frame rates, many long load times, and a couple of freezes in my 360. I'd love to play the game at a locked 60 fps with full graphic capabilities and minimized load times. If they can't pull that off, they shouldn't bother. There's already a technically "just OK" version playable on the 360...

[quote name='seanr1221']Yea what is up with the story Linkin posted...I hope EA isn't giving 360 the shaft.[/QUOTE]

that'd be rediculous because they already shit on us with these half assed sports titles on launch...

[quote name='Scorch']Yep.

I honestly see no reason for them to go back and work on Half-Life 2, especially seeing as it's backwards compatible, unless bonuses are included. If this is true, I fully expect it to come with Half-Life Source, Counter-Strike Source, DoD Source and maybe the Lost Coast and whatever else updates they put out.

Of course, since they realize how CS:S would sell like crazy on its own, I doubt it'll be bundled in. I wouldn't be suprised to see HL2 come out bundled with HL:S and a deathmatch mode, then another product bundling CS:S and DOD:S on one disc for $39.99.[/quote]

I was about to tell you that you were insane before I read the second paragraph. Lol. There is NO WAY they would put all of that together.

I expect HL2+HL2DM as one game and eventually Counter-Strike: Source and Day of Defeat: Source released as seperate games. They will not be put together on consoles.

I was at EB today and I saw the pre-order release lists for the Wii & PS3 .
Apparrently , the Wii is under the old Dreamcast dept. & the PS3 is under the old N64 dept. (or vice versa) .

I asked about the 360 list and he printed me a fresh one ,

no sign of Half Life 2 for 360 .

The list has Burnout 5 & NFS : Carbon (reg & SE) , as well as others .

I'm bummed , I would have re-bought HL2 for 360 .

i will check again tomorrow to see if maybe the list has been updated and any sku's have been removed... but all 3 were on the list still as of sunday night

[quote name='Jaket']i will check again tomorrow to see if maybe the list has been updated and any sku's have been removed... but all 3 were on the list still as of sunday night[/QUOTE]

I have [ in my posession ] the 360 list for 5/22/06 ,
if anyone has any inquiries .

I am not in any way trying to call you a lair .

I just got a list today when I went to the mall , because of this thread .

Well, Valve is making a game for 360 and seeing has it's definitely not HL3, I can't think of what else it COULD be other than HL2. It's gotta be. Well, I guess it could be CS: Source (yuck) or maybe they are finally done with Team Fortress 2 (doubtful).

All of em are gonna be published by EA. I don't think that Burnout 5 will come out this year, since I saw something on magicbox that said it won't come out yearly, only when needed. NBA Street 4 was a long stretch for them to even put up, becuase it's well known that EA and Midway alternate years with the NBA acradey games. With those two being out in 07 guess where half life goes?

I've had 3 Burnout games. While they are all high quality it's a whole lot more of been there done that with Racer's Revenge. I agree, the series has peaked and leveled off. What else can you do with it? No car maker will license stuff for it. It's no longer an arcade racer if you put customization in it. Rewinding out of crashes would be nice but it's not going to make me drop $60 on it. Honestly I can't imagine myself buying another one this gen.

I passed on HL2 for the Xbox since it came out the week before the 360, the reviews were so discouraging and it actually ran worse on better hardware. If they do the 360 version with some killer online I'd be all over it. If they do an offline only? $20 or pass.

bread's done
Back