NBA thread 07-08 "Micro-sized"

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Well, Portland was in a jam. With any rookie, there's the bust potential. Of course like you said earlier, Oden's risk was higher, but ultimately, Portland felt they needed a big man to complete the picture. But like I said, hindsight is 20/20. Of course people are now saying "Shit, should've got Durant," but that's something we got to live with.

I fully believe in Kevin Pritchard, he has single handedly helped turn this SOL franchise into a young team with loads of potential, however that potential has to be realized and that' still to be seen. But if you're a Blazer fan, it's hard not to get excited.

As for ticket prices, $70 for upper bowl at a Knicks game? That's ridiculous. I think at the Rose Garden you can get tickets for like $15 - $20, but that's the 300 level. They had packages last season where it was 2 tickets to 3 games for $88, and you usually got a shirt or a bobblehead or something, just ridiculous. Of course, those also were 300 level seats and also because we sucked but still. And as for NYC, that's because Isaiah Thomas is a moron =p[/QUOTE]

yeah jazz upper bowl tickets are under 20.. but i was using the 70 dollar figure as a "how obscenely high" a ticket price could be .. I don't have the real numbers..looking at the "mini plan" packages for both the knicks and the jazz.. the Jazz have decent upper bowl tickets for 16 games for 300 bucks.. the cheapest i saw for the knicks was 600 bucks.. so if the ticket price per game for the Jazz ticket was around 20 bucks that would make crappy upper bowl knicks game tickets 40 bucks.. which is pretty obscene..

i doubt knicks tickets are $70 for the upper bowl. lakers tickets in the 300 level seating are about $30 a pop, and i remember hearing that the lakers have some of the priciest tickets in the league. that might have been referring to lower level seating though.

i always just move down from the cheap seats sometime during the 2nd quarter.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Yeah, I'm a big Bulls fan too. :D[/quote]

I now have tons more respect for you :D

Any chicago fans going to be at opening tip off? If so we should get a group together and meet up before the game.

[quote name='Prepster']I now have tons more respect for you :D

Any chicago fans going to be at opening tip off? If so we should get a group together and meet up before the game.[/QUOTE]

Probably won't be any regular season games soon but are you going to check out the preseason scrimmage?

[quote name='J_Talbain']i doubt knicks tickets are $70 for the upper bowl. lakers tickets in the 300 level seating are about $30 a pop, and i remember hearing that the lakers have some of the priciest tickets in the league. that might have been referring to lower level seating though.

i always just move down from the cheap seats sometime during the 2nd quarter.[/QUOTE]

i was just making a point on how a team obscenly over the salery tax threshold would make their money back. and for a team like the Knicks, even 40 dollars is a bit much (I remember the first years after the Mailman and Stockton left utah tickets were way way cheap like 15 bucks for pretty good upper bowl tickets, they even gave away tickets to preseason games, that was pretty cool, saw pheonix for free... but anyways.. ) I made up the 70 dollar figure just for the sake of arguement, I didn't know the real price until yesterday which is 40 dollars which is 100 percent more then Jazz tickets of similar quality. I realize Jazz = second smallest market in the NBA (Milwaukee is probably first) but they did just go to the western conference finals, won the division, and put up a 51-31 record. which is a lot more then what the Knicks did.. but things like ticket prices are more affected by things like the luxury tax and market, then it is personal preference..

I am very interested in how the knicks will play this season. I am expecting the worst as always, but there is potential there...

Curry
Randolph
Richardson
Crawford
Marbury

not too bad, I expect Randolph Morris to show some signs...remember guys...he was supposed to go early in the 1st round and the knicks picked him up as soon as he left kentucky.

there is no way the knicks win the atlantic, the celtics might as well just cruise during about half of the season then start prepping for the playoffs...I think they can be a problem for the Spurs.

Well.. the preseason is within the week, with training camps in full gear, and the Knicks judgement.. I recieved my tickets to the 3 games I will be attending so far this year.. I will be there for the First home game of the season for the Jazz against the Rockets on the first, then I'll be going to see the Jazz take on the Lakers in the first time Derek Fisher returns to utah.. then I will be going to an after the all star break game against division rivals the Denver Nuggets..

I'm excited, but really, can't wait for the preseason even.. starts the 11th for us against the Bucks..

[quote name='bobo2k4']Probably won't be any regular season games soon but are you going to check out the preseason scrimmage?[/QUOTE]

You should get some tickets to one of the pre-season games, we could meet up somewhere around the stadium. Always a great time at the games :))

I wish I had Celtics season tickets right now. It should be a great season. Since when did we have 2 players over the maximum on a training camp roster? Hell, when did we reach a full roster?

I'm hoping Rajon Rondo continues to be good, and Kendrick Perkins can step up to be a serviceable starter with Pierce, KG and Allen. Yahoo! Sports' depth chart has Eddie House as the backup PG... when the hell did we get him? Although, we do have a decent second team with Tony Allen, Big Baby Glen Davis, Scalabrine, Leon Powe and Gabe Pruitt.

So much turnover this offseason =O

My attention is more diverted to the Sox and Pats >_>

I'm really looking forward to this season. With the talent the rookies are going to bring and the Celtics trade for KG and Allen I think this season will have many highlights.

Unfortunate about Oden, but I don't really thing he would of been such a force that people made him out to be. Yes, he is a great player and will take the Blazers places, but probably not his first season. He still needs some time to learn the NBA style of game, and from what I watched from the summer games he needs to learn some defensive control.

Durant on the other hand seems to have some grasp on the NBA game and I am really looking forward to the first game the sonics play.

Hopefully my wizards can make it to the playoffs with there star players still healthy, and I should be going to a home game sometime in December most likely.

Mikael Pietrus re-upped with the W's, I remember after the playoffs that nimrod thought he was getting a huge deal, eh i'll take him for 3 mill...he just needs to hit his FT's.

bread's done
Back