NCAA 2006 Player Rosters

realdealchris

CAG Veteran
Hey everyone i wanted to pass on word that i found a great site to get the players names for NCAA 2006. I purchased the rosters from the site for the PS2 and they work great. The best part is the announcers even pronounce the players names! Check out the site http://www.NCAAGameRosters.com They offer a great service to fans like me who hate playing a video game without any players names!

[quote name='realdealchris']Hey everyone i wanted to pass on word that i found a great site to get the players names for NCAA 2006. I purchased the rosters from the site for the PS2 and they work great. The best part is the announcers even pronounce the players names! Check out the site http://www.NCAAGameRosters.com They offer a great service to fans like me who hate playing a video game without any players names![/QUOTE]

Since the season hasn't even started, how do they know the lineups yet? Are they guessing and will they change them when lineups are actually known?

the big problem is that every time i download rosters they never seem to work properly plus i got a great deal and got 3 madden 2006 draft classes to import into the game plus a brand new memory card so i thought it was a great deal considering the memory card costs that

[quote name='realdealchris']The rosters i got have all the D1 PLayers names plus the coaches it makes the game so much better[/QUOTE]

Yeah...we know this. But we also know that you can get rosters for free if you just wait a few days. With access to a SharkPort, Action Replay, etc, you can download many files (including NCAA rosters) to make your game better.

I suspect this is simply spam, because I find it very hard to believe you'd stumble across that site on your own...if someone recommended it, others would've shot it down and pointed out the fact that you can retrieve them for $0.

[quote name='WinnieThePujols']Yeah...we know this. But we also know that you can get rosters for free if you just wait a few days. With access to a SharkPort, Action Replay, etc, you can download many files (including NCAA rosters) to make your game better.

I suspect this is simply spam, because I find it very hard to believe you'd stumble across that site on your own...if someone recommended it, others would've shot it down and pointed out the fact that you can retrieve them for $0.[/QUOTE]
I dont know much about Action Replay. But how would the card get updates/new material (such as the rosters)? Ive been looking to purchase it but am still on the fence

[quote name='Kingjay89']I dont know much about Action Replay. But how would the card get updates/new material (such as the rosters)? Ive been looking to purchase it but am still on the fence[/QUOTE]
You download the save with the roster online to your memory card.

IMHO , its useless to DL the new rosters until the season starts. I mean if you are FL St your roster/season is already screwed with half your team going down in the offseason (Cromartie and Sexton). Might as well wait until the season ACTUALLY starts

They don't even have the lineups yet. Wait till the season start before you figure out who's playing. Then concern yourself with getting the players and coaches names.

Or go to Geekrosters.com. They had the named rosters before release day. They are pretty good. Line-ups may change, but it's hard enought to keep things realistic with people getting hurt in real life.

[quote name='sying']IMHO , its useless to DL the new rosters until the season starts. I mean if you are FL St your roster/season is already screwed with half your team going down in the offseason (Cromartie and Sexton). Might as well wait until the season ACTUALLY starts[/QUOTE]

Its not worthless. These rosters (as well as the depth charts in the game) are based on projected starters based on last year and spring practices. Usually they are pretty right on (except for maybe O-line or D-line). Except for the occasional quarterback controversy or breakout wide receiver, the rosters dont change all that much (barring injury). and if they do, its easy enough to go in an switch the depth chart. However, usually the guy who is having a breakout year, his stats are crap in the game, so its pointless to move it up.

Having the names in the game does make for a better experience, even if one or two positions are wrong when the seasons starts. i dont want to hear "#12 touchdown to #5", i want to hear "Chris Leak touchdown to Andre Caldwell"

DT Lindners site is psxsports.com, but it looks like they are having hosting problems right now.

** EDIT: From DT Lindners site:
Welcome to PSXsports.com! We apologize for any inconvenience due to an unstable server. Right now, our priority is in shipping memory cards and we will work on fixing the server as soon as we finish shipping cards. This means that downloads/the forums will be down for the moment being. We appreciate your patience.

www.ps2rosters.com is DT Linder's site. It is really good for free rosters and its not just for pS2, but for XBOX too. Right now, though, as you can see, the downloading servers are down, so you can't download rosters from his site at the moment.

[quote name='realdealchris']Whats funny is that person who said i spammed the board.. i simply found a great service after i tried the other sites for the fast few years and never found anything good.. that site http://www.NCAAGameRosters.com had a great product up and it makes playing NCAA so much better[/QUOTE]

Then it shouldnt be in a game DEAL thread, should it?

I've downloaded them somewhere for free every year for the last three, just cant remember where, now. Looks like i'll be doing a google search. i think it was ps2rosters.com ...

[quote name='commish']another great site for rosters is DT linders I forget the address, if someone could post it that would be great.[/QUOTE]

well in the past you'd get BlackLover rosters if you got them from DTLinder's site since he's stolen them in the past. (not sure about this year)

For PS2 i would recommend geekrosters.com

For XBox i would recommend fkrosters.com

Best thing to do is to go out and get yourself a max drive/action replay. you spend about $30 1 time and you can download rosters for any game forever. you spend $20 on one of those sites to buy a card plus rosters..if you spend $10 more you'll never have to spend money again. or you have the option of donating to the people that make the rosters since they spend countless hours creating them for all the gamers like us. (unless you steal them like Linder) :)

I don't know why you would pay for the rosters, do a google search and you can find plenty of rosters to download for free. Get a maxdrive, AR, something like that and it makes the game so much nicer.

bread's done
Back