NCAA Football '08 - OUT NOW!! Bring it on!!

Anybody else been uploading videos and photos to EAsportsworld. com? I'm not sure if they've had this feature in other EA games, but it is definitely very cool being able to share your highlights and photos online and I'd suggest anybody who is still on the fence about getting this game to go check out some of the great gameplay vids on that site. Mine are under Maccab33 if anyone wants to check 'em out!

[quote name='insano']..I just wanted to play using my states team since it was ACTUALLY good last year....[/quote]
Your states' teams (Idaho and Idaho State) are the suck, however, if you are referring to Boise State as your states' "team", then where the hell have you been the last decade? In the last 8 years they have won 86 games and lost only 17.

1999 - 10 W - 3 L
2000 - 10 W - 2 L
2001 - 8 W - 4 L
2002 - 12 W - 1 L
2003 - 13 W - 1 L
2004 - 11 W - 1 L
2005 - 9 W - 4 L
2006 - 13 W - 0 L

fucken bandwagoner..

[quote name='slickkill77']Sorry for the DP but both DT and FK have released version 1.0 of their rosters. Only names no depth charts or anything yet. For those people that hate DT he actualy got his out first. I pretty sure that proves he didnt steal anyones rosters this year..Get over it that was a few years ago[/quote]
WTF are you and DT ass buddies or something? Is anyone on here even ripping DT for anything? I think most people simply prefer FK's rosters over DT's. I used FK's last year, liked them a lot, and will use them again. I don't care where I get them I just want good accurate rosters. Seriously get over yourself.

On a lighter note thanks for the links.

[quote name='cgarb84']WTF are you and DT ass buddies or something? Is anyone on here even ripping DT for anything? I think most people simply prefer FK's rosters over DT's. I used FK's last year, liked them a lot, and will use them again. I don't care where I get them I just want good accurate rosters. Seriously get over yourself.

On a lighter note thanks for the links.[/quote]

Yep I am his ass buddy.... Fyi check the page before someone did rip Dt when I simply asked why everyone was going mad over fk. I simply pointed out that DT makes rosters and someone ripped him. So go check the page before this

I've had at least four DDEs in the past two days with this game, I'm going to give it a rest for a couple of days to see if it's the disc or my box has started it's decent into hell.

Does anyone think the graphics are a little washed out and blurry? I'm running it on my dell 19" monitor and I don't know if it's just that, but it isn't really all that clear. Like when I take a look at screenshots and such they seem much cleaner.

[quote name='MastaGamer']Does anyone think the graphics are a little washed out and blurry? I'm running it on my dell 19" monitor and I don't know if it's just that, but it isn't really all that clear. Like when I take a look at screenshots and such they seem much cleaner.[/QUOTE]

The player models have improved, but the grass, field, stadiums, crowd still look dated. Madden has a closer attention to detail to the turf as well as crowd. I don't understand why NCAA can't.

Anyone fully made a campus legend yet? Or got the whole legend meter filled up?

If so just wondering how long it takes? Does it require a full 4 years there? Right now I am in like week 12 of my first season with the #1 ranked Louisville cardinals and my meter is probably around 30% full.

Aww man, I can't get enough of this game.

Is it me or is it REALLY hard to recruit prospects that are out-of-state?

[quote name='mr ryles']Anyone fully made a campus legend yet? Or got the whole legend meter filled up?

If so just wondering how long it takes? Does it require a full 4 years there? Right now I am in like week 12 of my first season with the #1 ranked Louisville cardinals and my meter is probably around 30% full.[/quote]

I'm about in week 10 or so and my meter is at about 30% also. My HB is leading the Heisman race, so I figure after a big bowl win and a Heisman trophy, it should shoot way up.

It seems the 60 fps came at a cost; the menus and play calling interface sputter and pop as they load into place. Post-play Animation ate twitchy, sometimes stopping for a second, then restarting. For me, it takes away from the realism. I've also encounter some frame rate problems during a few plays.

I wonder it's the 30 fps PS3 version does this.

Still when the 60 fps, is working it feels like you have much more control over the players.

[quote name='h2dk']Your states' teams (Idaho and Idaho State) are the suck, however, if you are referring to Boise State as your states' "team", then where the hell have you been the last decade? In the last 8 years they have won 86 games and lost only 17.

1999 - 10 W - 3 L
2000 - 10 W - 2 L
2001 - 8 W - 4 L
2002 - 12 W - 1 L
2003 - 13 W - 1 L
2004 - 11 W - 1 L
2005 - 9 W - 4 L
2006 - 13 W - 0 L

fucken bandwagoner..[/quote]

Yes let him have it!

Since Boise State moved from the JC ranks in 1968 and worked it's way from DII to DI-AA and to it's current D1-A status their record is 318-139 (.695 winning percentage) which ranks 10th in all time winning percentage among D1A schools. Granted they aren't playing in the SEC, but there has been nothing but success and improvement over the entire length of the program's life span.

Go Broncos!

Does anyone's game sometimes freeze and stutter before the snap? I've encountered this a couple of times and it happened once during a FG attempt, but thank goodness I didn't miss it because it was a PAT.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Does anyone's game sometimes freeze and stutter before the snap? I've encountered this a couple of times and it happened once during a FG attempt, but thank goodness I didn't miss it because it was a PAT.[/quote]Yup, I've had that happen a few times. I'm thinking the line and receivers are getting set then I notice the play clock isn't moving and I'm mashing the A button thinking it's actually running down.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Does anyone's game sometimes freeze and stutter before the snap? I've encountered this a couple of times and it happened once during a FG attempt, but thank goodness I didn't miss it because it was a PAT.[/QUOTE]

Yes, my copy stutters and pops all over the place. I also was about to start a kickoff and the damn drive summery would leave.

[quote name='maccabee72']I'm about in week 10 or so and my meter is at about 30% also. My HB is leading the Heisman race, so I figure after a big bowl win and a Heisman trophy, it should shoot way up.[/QUOTE]

By season end I won the national championship and set the schools rushing record by 2 yards. :) My meter is around 70% now. I'm a favorite for the heisman my 2nd year so I am guessing by the end of my sophomore year I should have a full legend meter.

I've been cleaning house with out of state recruits. I can have pretty much anybody I want. But then again, I'm Florida State.

[quote name='mr ryles']By season end I won the national championship and set the schools rushing record by 2 yards. :) My meter is around 70% now. I'm a favorite for the heisman my 2nd year so I am guessing by the end of my sophomore year I should have a full legend meter.[/quote]

I actually just finished my first season today and won the Heisman, Doak, and I think Maxwell awards and it completely filled my legend meter. Now, onto Florida State in the Orange Bowl....

so I am going to try to get a 1 star school to a 6 star school. I choose the Idaho vandals. 1st game of the season I play #1 USC Trojans. I lost 17-7 which I think wasn't too bad.

Trying to recruit players is a pain. I don't really like this new calling system they have in place. And I have yet to please any of my prospects. Every call I make up ends up with the guy hanging up on me. I guess when you're the vandals though you don't have very many selling points.

[quote name='mr ryles']so I am going to try to get a 1 star school to a 6 star school. I choose the Idaho vandals. 1st game of the season I play #1 USC Trojans. I lost 17-7 which I think wasn't too bad.

Trying to recruit players is a pain. I don't really like this new calling system they have in place. And I have yet to please any of my prospects. Every call I make up ends up with the guy hanging up on me. I guess when you're the vandals though you don't have very many selling points.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I can see where that would be a challenge with a smaller school. Even with a big school that has "Elite" in every category, it's still a pain. Really annoying, but you've got to do it.

[quote name='mr ryles']so I am going to try to get a 1 star school to a 6 star school. I choose the Idaho vandals. 1st game of the season I play #1 USC Trojans. I lost 17-7 which I think wasn't too bad.

Trying to recruit players is a pain. I don't really like this new calling system they have in place. And I have yet to please any of my prospects. Every call I make up ends up with the guy hanging up on me. I guess when you're the vandals though you don't have very many selling points.[/quote]

We have taters... Try that. lol

Yea I here you tho, last year I tried to do it with FAU, or FIU, don't remember which one. The bad thing was that I couldn't even create a player or it would push me to two stars.

Any word on a new CAG league for NCAA 08? I was in last year's, and it was fun, before it fell through. If there is, I am next in line for NCAA 08 for Goozex, hopefully I get it soon.

I got this game last night (surprisingly used at Hastings for only $51), and I already returned it this morning.

Before you guys bash me, it was solely because I felt guilty using money that I could use for a trip to St. Louis in early August. So after that, I'll get the game again, it is really good, just not enough to put me and my trip in jeopardy.

Anybody having any problems with their saved highlights and photos? Anytime I try clicking on one now, it says, "This action requires the use of an xbox 360 Harddrive". All, my other data loads fine from my harddrive. Also, when I try to check out my photos or highlights during or after a game, nothing happens when I click on them. Anybody have any idea what's up?

[quote name='maccabee72']Anybody having any problems with their saved highlights and photos? Anytime I try clicking on one now, it says, "This action requires the use of an xbox 360 Harddrive". All, my other data loads fine from my harddrive. Also, when I try to check out my photos or highlights during or after a game, nothing happens when I click on them. Anybody have any idea what's up?[/QUOTE]

I had that problem once, but once I started playing again the next day it went away. So just turn you 360 off and turn it back on and that should fix it.

I've been out of the loop for a lil bit. What is the cheapest option for acquiring the rosters? I bought a memory card and transfer kit for this last year and then sold them. Anyone can help with a cheapass option please advise. THANKS

Some elements of Dynasty are suspicious. I swear if you're undefeated the computer will give any opponent a chance to knock you off. My homecoming game against Florida Atlantic was just as difficult as playing LSU on the road. And of course, the first two series tell you the outcome. If you miss 2 or 3 passes on your first series and go 3 and out, expect to throw interceptions all night and have a miserable QB rating. Score on your first position, expect to put up 21-24 in the first half.

[quote name='$hady']I've been out of the loop for a lil bit. What is the cheapest option for acquiring the rosters? I bought a memory card and transfer kit for this last year and then sold them. Anyone can help with a cheapass option please advise. THANKS[/QUOTE]

THEY ARE FREE.

www.operationsports.com or www.fkrosters.com

Just read the FAQ, as getting them onto the 360 is tricky...well, not that hard, just renaming I believe. I will try when I get my 360 back.

[quote name='doubledown']THEY ARE FREE.

Just read the FAQ, as getting them onto the 360 is tricky...well, not that hard, just renaming I believe. I will try when I get my 360 back.[/QUOTE]

You misunderstood. He meant what accessories to buy.

I was seriously considering the XPORT kit at CC, until I realized that custom rosters mean squat under Legend mode.

[quote name='doubledown']THEY ARE FREE.

Just read the FAQ, as getting them onto the 360 is tricky...well, not that hard, just renaming I believe. I will try when I get my 360 back.[/quote]It's quite easy. If you're using the transfer kit, just follow the instructions to get it on the memory card from your PC. Then, copy the roster from your memory card to your 360HDD through the Dashboard>Memory blade. Load up the game, load up that roster and then save it under a different name so it registers under your GT. Then delete the other roster file.

I don't know if any CAGs are interested, but earlier in the year, another CAG hooked me up by sending me his MC to download the 2007 rosters and I sent it right back after I downloaded it. I'd pay for first class insured shipping both ways and would throw in a Mint/Complete Copy of Forza 1 (PH - Backwards Compatible) or Nascar 06 (PS2 - Mint/complete) or some extra cash if someone would be willing to loan me their MC with the 08 rosters. I think my trade rating here speaks for itself, so no worries. PM me if you can help me out!

Just checking to see if anyone knows what buttons to hit to do celebrations before you score like highstepping etc...?

Thanks

[quote name='commish']Just checking to see if anyone knows what buttons to hit to do celebrations before you score like highstepping etc...?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

I was trying stuff out, messed up a great touchdown by spinning around and scooting out of bounds by hitting some of the buttons that I thought were celebration last year

Finally was able to play yesterday (got my 360 back). The game seems pretty good. Not sure how I feel about the sluggish QB scramble though. Seems a little slow or something. I will adapt of course. Starting my dynasty tonight (time pending).

You have to be not sprinting to do the celebratory dive, otherwise the game thinks you're trying to elude defenders and you do the the normal dive. Just run at the goal line normal speed and hit the dive button at the 1 or 2 yard line.

EDIT: disregard below, slickkill77 is my new hero!

Figure it's worth a shot..........

Anyone willing to lend me their memory card with the rosters on it? I'll happily cover the cost of shipping and give you some $$$$ for helping me out. I will load up the rosters and get your card sent back with delivery confirmation the very next day. I've got good trading feedback on CAG although it's kinda older since i've been using online rental services rather than buying everything that interests me.

THANKS IN ADVANCE if anyone can help my cheapass out. :D

So I finally got NCAA '08 in from Gamenflix and as I do every year I go to download and upload the roster file so I can play with real named players. Only now I seemingly discover that thanks to a rediculous part of the spring update from MS, it seems using other saves other than those made on your console has been banned.

So I ask the CAG community for help, surely someone got a roster download to work. I saw somehting on the site I got it from about changing the save's ID but I have no idea what that's about. To me at least, the game just isn't the same without actual rosters, so any help/advice would be greatly appreciated here.

Ok fellow CAGs, I gotta say I'm stuck here and need some serious help. I've got the transfer kit, two different memory cards, the game, and transfer software. Basically all the ingredients to get rosters for this guy.

However, now whenever I take the roster file and try to transfer it from my PC to my memcard I get a stupid error saying "Memory Card Error. Please remove and re-insert the memory card." Needless to say that trick doesn't work and I've tried all I can think of like different cards, different files, uninstalling/reinstalling drivers, uninstaling/reinstalling the transfer software, etc. And I know it's not the transfer kit itself as I've used it in the past too.

So did anyone else encounter this error trying to get rosters on the system or maybe have a solution? Any help at all is greatly appreciated as always.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Ok fellow CAGs, I gotta say I'm stuck here and need some serious help. I've got the transfer kit, two different memory cards, the game, and transfer software. Basically all the ingredients to get rosters for this guy.

However, now whenever I take the roster file and try to transfer it from my PC to my memcard I get a stupid error saying "Memory Card Error. Please remove and re-insert the memory card." Needless to say that trick doesn't work and I've tried all I can think of like different cards, different files, uninstalling/reinstalling drivers, uninstaling/reinstalling the transfer software, etc. And I know it's not the transfer kit itself as I've used it in the past too.

So did anyone else encounter this error trying to get rosters on the system or maybe have a solution? Any help at all is greatly appreciated as always.[/quote]You're using the Xchange 360 Software kit and a 64MB card? I'm assuming you're using the latter since you said you've tried two different cards, but that's the only thing I can think of that may pose a problem for you.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']You're using the Xchange 360 Software kit and a 64MB card? I'm assuming you're using the latter since you said you've tried two different cards, but that's the only thing I can think of that may pose a problem for you.[/QUOTE]

Yep, the Datel kit and a pair of 64MB cards. Do the 64mb cards somehow create a problem with the software?

No what you need to do is reformat your memory card. Either on your 360 or Idk if you can do it in the xchange software. But do that and try unistalling and reinstalling the drivers. Also make sure the drivers are up to date. One of these things should fix it for you

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Yep, the Datel kit and a pair of 64MB cards. Do the 64mb cards somehow create a problem with the software?[/quote]It's the larger memory cards that have the problem, which is why I asked. The saves (from the forum talk there) are "formatted" for the 64MB cards. Seems the bigger cards give it problems.

But as slickkill said, try reformatting your cards on your 360 and checking to see if there's new software/drivers for the device available.

Anyone else uploaded their replays to the ea site? It's a shame that when you download them they're still in flv format but it's still pretty cool. I guess if you do something really amazing (or really horrible... or just glitchy) it'd come in handy or if you have a dynasty or something online. Either way it's pretty cool.

[quote name='slickkill77']No what you need to do is reformat your memory card. Either on your 360 or Idk if you can do it in the xchange software. But do that and try unistalling and reinstalling the drivers. Also make sure the drivers are up to date. One of these things should fix it for you[/QUOTE]

Yeah I tried that early on to (reformatting in the system that is, didn't see an option in the software), no luck there. I even tried that 3 times with a single card and no dice. I even purchased a brand new card last nite and that gave me the same error. And I've un-/reinstalled drivers more times than I can count, even in varying ways.

As for the driver itself, I'm taking it that it is the USBio system file (it's the only one I see in the Datel software folder). Labeled, "X360 MU USBIO Device 1" when you plug it in in the usb port. Is anyone using something different?

bread's done
Back