NCAA Football 12 $9.99 PS3/Xbox 360 Best Buy

[quote name='sgr76']Typically NCAA is a better product year after year. I really enjoyed 12 before trading it in so i might pick this up since i will be playing Madden 12 for the majority of the Madden 13 season.

I don't understand why you would do that but if you don't pick up your in store pickup, they will hold it (i think for a week) and then are supposed to refund your payment method.[/QUOTE]

Well I purchased it thinking it was NCAA 13, then clearly realized it was the older version, which pretty much everyone in this thread has trashed.

So its kinda like mehh, esp since ncaa 12 is gonna be worthless soon as the new one comes out very soon.

[quote name='PublikDefender']does anyone have a recent gamestop tiv for this? ps3 and xbox?[/QUOTE]

Well amazon is offering 6, so i assume that means gamestop is offering like 2

On in store pick ups you get billed when you place your order. If you don't pick it up you get a prompt refund. No action needed on your part.

[quote name='confoosious']the 9.99 price tag didn't offer any clues?[/QUOTE]

Pricing glitches happen all the time here

Esp since it said regular price 59.99 and the year (dont usually buy ncaa games) didnt even think twice

Wanted to get in on it before they fixed it lol

[quote name='dcm1602']Pricing glitches happen all the time here

Esp since it said regular price 59.99 and the year (dont usually buy ncaa games) didnt even think twice

Wanted to get in on it before they fixed it lol[/QUOTE]

hahaha. lucky for you, best buy returns/cancellations are easy.

[quote name='ijustw1n']I miss player discipline. It was nice having to manage starters getting in trouble or your program.[/QUOTE]

I thought I was the only one! Custom fan signs were awesome too! If NCAA '07 for the Xbox were backwards compatible, I would just play that one. Unfortunately, only '06 is.

[quote name='dcm1602']Well I'm a Madden guy, everyyear, on release day. So wouldn't this be similar to last years Madden quite a bit?[/QUOTE]

You are like me then, which means yes it will be similar only worse in every way. Maybe worth it, I'm debating on it myself.

I'm getting this, as I was fortunate enough to get it for the same price back in early May with the @Gamer coupon. I then traded it in the first week of the 110% trade-in bonus promotion at Best Buy for $16.80. I figured I'd have to wait a few months until it hit $14.99 or lower, whether at Best Buy or elsewhere. This was a nice surprise. I appreciate the conference customization feature; with the conferences changing so rapidly, it means that I can customize them to this year's memberships if I want. Also, being able to import rosters is a big help for those who don't want to get a new game every year (hint hint).

[quote name='MSUHitman']Also starting this year, you can no longer import/customize players from NCAA (probably in preperation for the $1B lawsuit EA is about to lose in court with former NCAA players.)[/QUOTE]

That's a major (negative) difference if true. Can you provide a link or source for that info? I've been playing the franchise since the previous generation of consoles, and the ability to import NCAA rosters with all the names, etc., was one of the coolest things about the game.

I was considering buying NCAA 13 when it hit $19.99 (Black Friday or after, most likely), but if this is true, I needn't bother tracking it. No import of rosters = NO BUY.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TheodorusMajorus']Trades for $5 at BB. Worth it to buy the game for $10, trade it back for $10, and bank the (somewhat minimal still) RZ points?[/QUOTE]

factor in sales tax (and if you want to be one of those guys to factor in gas) -- i'd say it's worth for a free rental though

[quote name='FinderKeeper']
That's a major (negative) difference if true. Can you provide a link or source for that info? I've been playing the franchise since the previous generation of consoles, and the ability to import NCAA rosters with all the names, etc., was one of the coolest things about the game.

I was considering buying NCAA 13 when it hit $19.99 (Black Friday or after, most likely), but if this is true, I needn't bother tracking it. No import of rosters = NO BUY.[/QUOTE]

After doing a google search, nothing comes up about rosters, but I have found that you won't be able to import your Draft Class into Madden.

http://www.operationsports.com/features/1514/ncaa-football-13-what-do-we-and-dont-we-know/?page=2

Highly considering it. I would never buy Madden 12 right now since the rosters are old, but since the players aren't actually "real", it wouldn't have the same old effect. Building a college program was always fun to me.

[quote name='mewman13']After doing a google search, nothing comes up about rosters, but I have found that you won't be able to import your Draft Class into Madden.

http://www.operationsports.com/features/1514/ncaa-football-13-what-do-we-and-dont-we-know/?page=2[/QUOTE]

OK, that seems to be what he was referring to... transferring players from NCAA to Madden. I hardly ever play Madden, so that's not an issue for me (though I understand that it will be a BIG issue for quite a few gamers).

The import feature was dropped because of madden's franchise overhaul. They scrapped the old rating system and there will be draft busts and sleepers.

Actually the demo for the new one is generous with three different match ups you can play and 3 minute quarters. The passing game is much improved over 12.

^^ Confirmed in store as well (6/28). Back to $60, clerk asked me if I still wanted it. I did my best to not start laughing in his face, I just told him I would wait for 13, which is fine anyway. I was really torn on this for $10 versus 13 for $45 (AMZ) and I definitely liked the 13 demo.

[quote name='Tate Donovan']The import feature was dropped because of madden's franchise overhaul. They scrapped the old rating system and there will be draft busts and sleepers.[/QUOTE]

Yeah and when EA loses the lawsuit to the old NCAA football/basketball players they will say that was a "last-gen" feature nobody wants anymore just like Sony said about rumble in the controllers.

[quote name='doubledown']It seems like Madden 13 is supposed to be the superior product. However, with the Best Buy deal on NCAA 13 with the $10 Pre-ORder and pick, plus a $20 Pre-Order bonus, I will get both Madden/NCAA 13 this year.[/QUOTE]

My thought exactly. Traded in both '12's for $36 alone. Not too bad since I haven't touched them in a couple months (Damn Skyrim and a hand full of other games)

bread's done
Back