NDSI + Plants Vs Zombie(DS) + a case for $124 after 20% off Coupon

jooanyenna

CAGiversary!
Misfire! Misfire! Mod, please close or delete this thread!!!

It seems like TRU is doing a two-day Sale which is good for today and tomorrow. Link

They have this 20% off printable coupon that looks like you can use it for pretty much anything. Link

NDSi bundle is on Sale for $155 and $124 after 20% off coupon.

I don't know if any store will have a better deal on Black Friday, but I think it's not a bad deal for someone looking for a NDSi.

trundsisale.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Romeo']Of course they're going to make up their own rules.

Not valid on hardware, etc.[/QUOTE]

It should be valid on everything. There isn't any restrictions on the coupon.

[quote name='Romeo']Of course they're going to make up their own rules.

Not valid on hardware, etc.[/QUOTE]

I understand your frustration because their usual online coupon has all kind of restrictions and I end up not using it because that. However, this one doesn't seem to have any restriction so I will try to use it today.

Clearly says not valid with any other TRU offer so I'd say the DSI+PvZ bundle would be out. Pretty much everything else seems to be fair game.

[quote name='apterous']where did the 20% coupon come from? Just asking since there are a lot of fakes out there...[/QUOTE]

from an e-mail from tru, sir!!!

[quote name='jooanyenna']I understand your frustration because their usual online coupon has all kind of restrictions and I end up not using it because that. However, this one doesn't seem to have any restriction so I will try to use it today.[/QUOTE]

Not being cynical at all, just real. Every coupon from any store I've ever seen always had stated not valid on hardware.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Romeo']Not being cynical at all, just real. Ever coupon from any store I've ever seen always had stated not valid one hardware.[/QUOTE]

To be honest with you, I have always wondered why.

[quote name='jooanyenna']To be honest with you, I have always wondered why.[/QUOTE]

Most likely because profit is made on software and accessories, not hardware. If a store pays $350 for a $400 PS3 then you use a 20% coupon on it, the store ends up losing money.

[quote name='Romeo']Most likely because profit is made on software and accessories, not hardware. If a store pays $350 for a $400 PS3 then you use a 20% coupon on it, the store ends up losing money.[/QUOTE]

Overpriced PS3 in my opinion :)

Expect TRU to come up with some lame excuse.

The coupon says an extra 20% off "super wow deals". On the first page of the ad, a number of items have a "wow" arrow next to their price. I'd expect the coupon to only apply to the items with the "wow" arrows, which aren't on any of the video gaming items on the second page.

[quote name='Bloomy']The coupon says an extra 20% off "super wow deals". On the first page of the ad, a number of items have a "wow" arrow next to their price. I'd expect the coupon to only apply to the items with the "wow" arrows, which aren't on any of the video gaming items on the second page.[/QUOTE]

Yep, the 'Wow' deals are mostly garbage.

[quote name='Romeo']Most likely because profit is made on software and accessories, not hardware. If a store pays $350 for a $400 PS3 then you use a 20% coupon on it, the store ends up losing money.[/QUOTE]

This.

Having worked electronics at target I know that we make little to nothing on consoles and games. That's why we push accessories and warranties so much. It's also why most discounts don't apply to hardware.

[quote name='Bloomy']The coupon says an extra 20% off "super wow deals". On the first page of the ad, a number of items have a "wow" arrow next to their price. I'd expect the coupon to only apply to the items with the "wow" arrows, which aren't on any of the video gaming items on the second page.[/QUOTE]

Correct. I went to TRU at lunch and that's exactly how it's marked in store. The coupon does not apply to anything but that small group of WOW items. By the way, the Kinect deals are also kind of a joke. It's only $20 off of Grease, Power Up Heroes and Wipeout 2. Everything else is $5 off for games up to $30 and $10 off for games $40 and higher.

[quote name='bojay1997']Correct. I went to TRU at lunch and that's exactly how it's marked in store. The coupon does not apply to anything but that small group of WOW items. By the way, the Kinect deals are also kind of a joke. It's only $20 off of Grease, Power Up Heroes and Wipeout 2. Everything else is $5 off for games up to $30 and $10 off for games $40 and higher.[/QUOTE]

Thank you guys for for clearing this up. Well, there goes my little excitement. :cry:

Long shot but the last Sunday paper's flyers (good through today) has a 360, PS3, & wii console with a $25 gift card bonus for buying a console and one of the games pictured (wii has new Kirby and new Disney Universe) on this page it notes in huge script WOW! Gift Card Deals ...
so you might get the coupon to work....
20% = $30 off wii, $60 off 360/kinect & $50 off PS3

Like I note, it's a long shot but the WOW is definitely there.

bread's done
Back