NDSL for $108 new during 3/09/08 - 3/15/08 YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.

heyheyhey11

CAGiversary!
all credit goes to speedy1961 for his contribution of weekly ads a week faster.

Target, will have a sale of new nintenedo ds lite during the week of 3/09 to 15th for 119$. That's 10 bucks savin.

But, bestbuy, and CC will pricematch give back additional 10%.

Which comes to $108 plus tax. By new York's sales tax rate

129.99 + 8% = 141

But
pricematch

108 + 8% = 117

That's a svings 24-25 dollars.

This can be very YMMV. To pricematch, you must present the target's weekly ad to CC or BB representative. The weekly ad is located on your local Sunday papers.

[quote name='xmrblondex']math=wrong

119- .1*(129-119)=

good try though![/QUOTE]

Math right!

119 - (119 x .1) = 108 and change

.1 represents additional 10% CC or BB when they pricematch

You failed

[quote name='heyheyhey11']Math right!

119 - (119 x .1) = 108 and change

.1 represents additional 10% CC or BB when they pricematch

You failed[/quote]

It is a 10% of the DIFFERENCE in the prices. Since there is a $10 difference, you get an additional 10% of $10 off, so $1. Your math wasn't "wrong", your understanding of the policy was wrong.

edit: mrblonde had it right. The correct price after the PM would be $118.

Also, PMing is not really YMMV since it's official policy for CC and BB.

But, as others have pointed out, getting a DSL for $108 is extreme YMMV since your calculation was incorrect.

[quote name='trunks982']i went to many best buys to price match. they never give me the 10% off difference discount.[/quote]

YOu be lucking to just get a price match let alone 10% off difference

Any sale is better than none since consoles are usually excluded from coupon use. Wish it were the PSP though. Slumping sales for the DSL?

You have to buy the ds lite from best buy first, then when you go to match the price, they'll give you an extra 10% off. Not sure if it's off the difference, or the sale price, but last time I had them pricematch, they wouldn't give me the 10% because I hadn't bought them yet.

Save a trip by paying at BB during the sale, then walk over to customer service with the Target ad and minty receipt for a competitor pricematch.

yes,

1. you will need to purchase it at best buy first.
2. then you will need to take the ad for target over to customer service and show them the lower price.
3. they SHOULD then give you $10 back and 10% of the difference which would add another $1 to total $11 back making the total price making it $119 + tax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back