NECA TMNT $4 @ Hot Topic

GrilledWitOnions

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I don't know if this is a nationwide clearance, or if any other HT would even still have these toys. Over the weekend I wandered into the mall and was looking in HT for toys, saw the cool NECA classic turtles (which I had never seen before), and decided I had to have them - but they were marked $16 each. I figured I could do better online, but apparently these have been out a while and are discontinued. So I went back to the mall, and they rang up for $4! Raph wasn't there, but I got Leo, Mike and Don w/their bases and accessories (they weren't the tube versions, which are just the turtles w/weapons). Thought others might like to know, couldn't find it mentioned in a search.

I was so impressed with the toys that I put some photos up on flickr if anyone wants to see more.

I'd buy one if I seen it in store mmmmm, maybe I can manage a trip tomorrow to see if they have any in my local Malls HT. Besides, I have some GS game trades I had planned on going to do; might as well go have them done in the malls GS store. I'm goin for Leo or Raph....

sweet, I never seen these b4! I gotta hit the mall and see if they got these figures. I like the old red colors, reminds me of the first graphic novels Eastman and Laird released years ago.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Mmm, even though they may be comic book accurate, if the figures had the cartoon show colors I'd be sold.[/QUOTE]

This.

I'll have to check this out. I'm a Donatello freak, so I picked him up long ago at full price, but if they have the rest, I'll have to pick up at least one full set. Hopefully two so I can open them up.

I know they've got a second wave coming, too, so picking these up now would be a good move before the price goes up elsewhere.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Mmm, even though they may be comic book accurate, if the figures had the cartoon show colors I'd be sold.[/QUOTE]
There are some cool painted customs on the net, so you could go that route. And for $4 a turtle, these are pretty incredible, cartoon colors or no.

Those looking for Raph might be dissappointed (I was) since he was not as plentiful and is harder to find - around $30-$40 on ebay I think. If there is one at the HT, grab him! If there are 2, get me one too :D

Hm..I went to a Hot Topic today and I didn't find any Turtles figures. Those stores creep me out and they have very limited stocks of toys.

[quote name='apathylad']Hm..I went to a Hot Topic today and I didn't find any Turtles figures. Those stores creep me out and they have very limited stocks of toys.[/QUOTE]
Yeah mine seemed to have even less than they used to. Barely saw the turtles.

bread's done
Back