Necessary to register your Wii games (Benefits)?

Ravenous

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
When I got my Wii it said to register and I could get a free subscription to NPower so I did, it said Id get it when I registered 3 products, I did and nothing happened. Now I have 3 more games to enter but it seems useless. Whats the point? Is there a reason to register?

I would do it if you can actually get a free subscription to Npower. Other than that there is no point IMO.

I would register your wii, because then any VC game you buy will be added after you buy it automatically. If you dont register your Wii and buy VC games it wont register, and it seems as if there is no way to register them after.

If you've already gotten a free 3 month subscription from them, you probably won't get another.

I've yet to hear/see any benefits to registering Wii games. DS games on the other hand are usually worth it. Registering the console itself gets you the warranty and the free knickknacks that they come up with like the wiimote jackets.

Ahh, yea I was able to get the jackets, but no 3 free months of anything. How do I get that? And All I have is a Wii and previous N consoles.

With games I find it's best to hold off and register them when they have a deal going. I don't think there's anything going on right now, but in the past I got the 3-month Nintendo Power subscription and the Zelda Collection for the Game Cube (best freebie ever).

yeah man, i bought 3 games in the day for the GC, and they sent me the zelda collection, it rocked. i bought 1080 avalanche to get the 3 games, they also sent me a cool 1080 beanie.

[quote name='stnkygrngo']yeah man, i bought 3 games in the day for the GC, and they sent me the zelda collection, it rocked. i bought 1080 avalanche to get the 3 games, they also sent me a cool 1080 beanie.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure you had to register 3 games from a specified list to get Zelda, but the majority were games worth getting. Mario Kart: DD and Mario Party 5 come to mind. Though now that I think about it, both of those games could have been a lot better.

You get a 1 year extended warranty for registering the Wii console. For games, there's nothing now, but sometimes they count retroactively for games registered (as they did when I got the Free GC Metroid demo disc). I usually register a few games and hold a few back.

[quote name='soonersfan60']You get a 1 year extended warranty for registering the Wii console. For games, there's nothing now, but sometimes they count retroactively for games registered (as they did when I got the Free GC Metroid demo disc). I usually register a few games and hold a few back.[/QUOTE]

I believe any deal they offer is retroactive. I got the Zelda bonus disc even though I had all the games all ready entered.

But, the benefits for registering any game is extremely limited. There is no love from the Big N for us in the US. Only Club Japan.... boo hoo.

It used to be the case that registering games at my.nintendo.com would give you access to special content (e.g. wallpapers) for those games on the site. I don't know if that's still the case with Wii games; I haven't spent much time on the site recently.

The only reason to register anything for My Nintendo is the Wii. If you register it, you get your warranty extended by 3 months.

Otherwise, it's a worthless joke of a free bonuses program. The Zelda Compilation disc was a great was to start the program but since then it's been pretty lame though the recent Zelda Feather Stylus and the Brain Age 2 stylus set are kinda neat.

I register everything I get in the hopes that, like the free Brain Age 2 stylus set, there will be more cool freebies. I haven't been too disappointed.

[quote name='soonersfan60']You get a 1 year extended warranty for registering the Wii console.[/QUOTE]

It's only 3 months actually. Console comes with 1 year warranty, and registering it gives you 3 more, expanding it to 15 months.

I didnt know you could get such cool freebies. I don't have a DS, but once a CAG (who shall remain nameless) and I went in to a blockbuster and entered the UPC #s on our cell phones to register an extra game or two we needed to get the Zelda's Collector Disc. I feel bad about doin it but friggin love havin that thing.

Well, it might not ever come in handy, but I always register my stuff on their site just to prove I'm a loyal customer. As an example...I recently had my out-of-warranty DS Lite break (right hinge cracked off, I'm sure there are pics of the problem elsewhere) and they fixed it for free. Granted, I did have to argue a bit, and did specifically tell them to look at my records and see all the 'hundreds and hundreds' I'd spent on them already (which of course thanks to CAG is mostly a crock), but at the end of the day I got my DS Lite fixed for free. So it can't ever hurt, ya know.

bread's done
Back